Navigate Me

Suck It!

"What size should we get him?" Ash asked me, raising a perfect brown brow. Her bright green eyes twinkled under the florescent lights of the drug store we were currently in. I walked closer to her, away from the refrigerated drink sections. I stepped up behind her, peering over her shoulder- even though she was my identical twin, she was still three inches shorter than me.

I rested my head on top of hers, our light brown, curly hair blending together and looked down at the array of condoms in front of us. "I don't know, shit," I drawled, biting my bottom lip, "If we were to think in his state of mind, I suppose we should get him like the biggest they have but since I'm pretty sure those would fall straight off him, I think we should go for the average size."

Ash laughed, throwing her head back and picking up a pack of condoms. We walked to the counter together after I grabbed an Arizona iced tea and put the items down in front of the cashier. Ash nudged me in the ribs and I screamed, "Ow, what the fuck, mother fucker!?"

The cashier gave us a weird look and closed his eyes, probably thinking he was seeing double because his vision was blurry. I pushed Ash lightly on her shoulder. "Bitch, did you forget we both sat in a damn tattoo chair for hours on account of getting our ribs tattooed? Jesus Christ, you hit me right on the tattoo." I glared at her, I had a feeling my eyes were changing color from light green to dark green, like they always did when I was angry or in pain. Ash and I had hulk eyes, seriously. I lifted my t-shirt up, exposing the tan skin of my torso and examining the painful tattoo, making sure she didn’t bruise me. I shook my head, rolling my green eyes at her. I looked back at my tattoo, it was so perfect.

We had just turned eighteen the day before, and as anyone who just became legal would, we got tattoos. Two each, to be exact. We each got a mustache tattooed on our left ring fingers as a joke and then on Ash's right ribs; she got the lyrics "When you think with your chest theres not a thing that you dont see" and to complete her, I got "When my head works too hard theres not a thing that you don’t see" on my left ribs. My twin sister looked at me with puppy dog eyes, begging for my forgiveness. I smiled sweetly at her, opening my arms for her to hug me.

"Suck it!" I shrieked, pushing her head down as she tried to hug me. I poked her on her right side and she groaned, but looked up at me, rolling her eyes and understanding that we were even. I loved my sister to death. The cashier continued to gaze at us in wonder, it was something we had gotten used to. Apparently identical twins were rare in San Diego, goddamn.

I looked at the cashier, crossing my arms. I wasn’t usually impatient, but I wanted to get down to Hollywood intime for the first night of Taste Of Chaos. "It's not polite to stare, homeboy." He gulped once and began ringing up our things, eyeing Ash and I when he saw the condoms. I snickered as Ash squealed.

"Oh wait one second, please!" She speed-walked back to the refrigerated section of the store and pulled down a bottle of Mango Malibu Rum from the shelf and bounded back to the cash register. I eyed her but didn’t stop her. She looked at the cashier, who was maybe seventeen, with long black hair and big brown eyes and handed it to him. He looked her up and down, then moved his eyes to me. He nodded, like every guy does, and shrugged, ringing it up. Score.

We walked out to our car, linking arms, and I got in the driver's side, pulling out of the parking lot and heading towards the freeway that would take us to Los Angeles. Ash turned on one of our CDs and Set Your Goal's version of Put Yo Hood Up started blasting. We rolled our windows down and pretended to be straight up hood as we made our way down towards the Hollywood Palladium, where one of our most entertaining and interesting nights would take place.
♠ ♠ ♠
FORTHEFUCKINGWINNNNNNNNNN
by talia (: