Blood Stained

Hypnotic reprieve

Lightening split the sky once more, temporarily clouding the vision of the Vampires.
‘How do we know where we’re going?’
‘Where are we going?’
‘I’m scared’ These among other incoherent thoughts and screams ran through everyone’s itching minds.
John, who was walking slowly at the front of the crudely made army, was also searching his brain for answers.
“John?” A voice similar to the sweet sound of bells snapped him from his enclosed bubble of thought. “John, are you alright?”
John kept staring into the space before him. Mumbling quietly to himself, before shaking his head.
“Yes I’m fine.”
“What is going through that head of yours?”
“How is it that…”
“Yes?” Kayla asked innocently, staring up at the pale face of a contemplating John. John licked his lips before saying
“How is it that they were able to dispatch them so easily the second time… But not the first?” John asked.
“W-what?” Kayla chuckled, confused by his mumbles.
“Think about it. When we first drew an alliance with The Vir, they waited… they didn’t do anything when the first battle they saw unfolded before them… They just. Waited.”
“Hey that’s right. Why?”
“I don’t know.” There was a pause when, oddly convenient, one of the hooded figures appeared right before them. She wasn’t walking either. Or scouting. It appeared that she was dancing. Her arms were moving gracefully as her head was turned towards the sky, and her bare feet floated softly in motion, barely leaving an imprint in the grass. Small, but strangely loud, giggles of laughter echoed around her. Sounding like the softest lullaby to sooth the most fierce hearts.

A weight on their chests felt lifted as they all pushed them out slightly towards the sky at the soft caress of the wind. The sky had calmed, revealing the many stars that thousands had worshiped years before.

Everyone seemed content on following this bewitching being, none moaned, and none complained. Not a single thought was on the subject of pain or suffering. All where hypnotized by the movements of this hooded figure, barely realizing that they were placing one foot in front of the other.

Then suddenly, breaking the barely-silence, someone uttered out loud
“She’s so beautiful.” And she stopped, turning around in a manner like she hadn’t realized she was being watched at all.
“Superstes of aptus…” Her flowery voice uttered, a double following behind it. She turned and faded into nothingness
“No wait…” John and several others clawed after her and at the air where she danced.
“Superstes of aptus… What does that mean?” Kayla said, her voice still lost in the dream of it all.
“I don’t know. But I have a feeling that it was the answer we were looking for.” John replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its been so long since i updated. What with my exams an all, but don't worry more updates will ensue a little quicker this time i promise.
Also, i'm kinder sorry this was fillerish i just wanted something to right and tada! here it is. Hope you like it. if you do comment. if you dont... COMMENT and tell me why