Blood Stained

The End

Fire licked the sides of the mountains, and a cloud of dust had blocked most from view. Many lay dead and what turned out to be a good sign of victory quickly turned into a rage fueled, blood bath. There are no winners in this war. Only survivors. What had happened inside the mountains remained a mystery. A shriek like no other emanated for mere seconds before a loud crunch elapsed along the waste land, and nothing could be seen of Gansik and what the prodigal son had become. The portal was closed.

John limped out in front of the remaining few, and The Dojeks did nothing but stare at them with malice. Perhaps to shaken up by the defeat of their lord of pain.
“This war… Has to end” John winced gripping his ribs, and turning his blood shot eyes up. Meeting with the eyes of the more dominant creature through the dust that was slowly settling, and layering itself on the corpses of Humanity and Dojek alike.
“End? Yes. For now. End it must. Gather strength. Be back we shall.” The Dojek stuttered in its familiar pattern.
“Then you understand. You cannot stay here. In this realm.” These words that barely made it past John’s lips seemed to strike a blow of sadness that was apparent in The Dojek’s eyes. But defeated it agreed and snorted harshly through its nose, signaling for the others to make their way back into the arena like arrangement of mountains. Hoping to be able to re-open the portal from whence they came.

John and the leader Dojek held each other’s gaze for what seemed years before it broke away and he too crawled over the mountain side. John’s eyes followed the creature cautiously, and just as it’s tail slithered over the jagged edge he collapsed. Others rushed over to assist and as they rolled him onto his back they found him laughing.
“It’s over” He smiled looking deeply into Kayla’s eyes he pulled her close and kissed her. Embracing the dawning of a new age for the world, as a cheer of victory erupted from the those who survived. Hugging and laughing. “It’s over!” John shouted.

**************************************************************************
*Fifty years later*

It’s been fifty years since the end of the war. None have forgotten and none shall. The world has begun to heal, civilizations slowly being resurrected. Already small cities had begun to appear all over the world as people came out of hiding. The Vir have relinquished their robes and have become part of society. Seeing no need to continue their disciplined ways without their leader. Joy and happiness has become apparent through out the land, and there isn’t a weekend gone by where those who lived have not celebrated, and nobody has wondered what had happened to the prodigal son and Daniel. They have slowly become a withered memory, almost forgotten in the short history.

“It’s funny…” A silhoutte said looking down on the city now named Asgard after Viking lore.
“Oh? What is?” Another asked stepping from the shadows to accompany him.
“It’s only been fifty years and look how far they’ve come! Not to mention how easily forgotten we are. I have a feeling you had something to do with this?”
“Well humanity’s ability to adapt has whats kept it alive all these years. If it weren’t for that they would have been extinct eons ago. Does it matter that they forgot us so easily? Or are you so eager to seek fame?”
“Not at all. But you did have something to do with it didn’t you?” He asked noticing the slight smirk the other had beneath his hood.
“Maybe.”
“How?”
“Does it matter?”
“No but I’d like to know”
“Daniel if there’s one thing I’ve learnt from this ordeal. Is that the secrets should remain secret. Or else there isn’t any mystery left to smile over” He chuckled
“Aren’t I supposed to be the clever one?”
“A change of pace perhaps.” He replied which caused the one called Daniel to roll his eyes, as he walked to the edge of the building.
“So where to now?”
“I hear there’s haunted caves in Hawaii”
“Hawaii? You mean where theres all that sunlight?”
“What’s your point?”
“I forgot my grass skirt”
“We’ll make one then.” He laughed and hopped off the edge, Daniel following behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow that was shockingly written XD
Sorry about that. i've lost the touch majorly so i thought i should end it before anymore damage could be done.
So there you have it. The end. Did you like it? What did you like about it? whats your favourite chapter?
Tell me! i need your comments now more than ever!