Blood Stained

Last in, first out...

With whatever weapons the had, they were ready and primed to attack at any moment. Kayla and John stood at the front, shining the lights into the dense thickness of the dark, barely illuminating more than ten feet in front of them. Occasionally one of the group would jump at the sound of another scuffle of feet caused by another of the team.
They feared what lurked in the darkness. Even the cold, undead Vampires felt chills down their spines, and the fearless Werewolves grew more and more tense the further they went in to the ruins.

These ruins weren’t a place of interest for archeologists. No more than a desolate building from an ancient civilization. No treasures. No artifacts. Just the darkness. It would have been the most obvious place and the first place for the world to search for the son. But they dubbed it too obvious, and overlooked it.

They too had begun to feel the pressurizing sense of being watched. Of being followed. Their senses were far from wrong. For in the shadow of shadows that surrounded them. In the complete and deathly, absence of the light. Lurked what they feared.
John pointed his torch at the sound of shifting dirt. Catching but a flicker of cloth in it’s rays.
“What was that?” Kiera trembled. Kayla spun her torch to the opposite wall, catching another brief glimpse of madness.
“There’s more than one.” John said gulping. They all stood. Poised for defense. Still as statues. Listening for what they had gotten a mere pinprick of sight into. More than anything, they waited. Waited for their comeuppance. “Now everyone calm down. I’m sure. I’m sure w-we just imagined it. The denseness of the dark is just playing tricks on our minds. We’re fine. These ruins are abandoned.” He said, not believing his own words.

They turned to move forward. Before taking more than two steps forward, the horrific, blood-curdling scream of Lorna threw itself at their ears. They all whipped around, staring at the very spot she was standing. No tracks. Nothing.
The cold grip of dead silence fell on them as the scream slowly stopped bouncing off the walls.

None of them moved. Sure it was going to happen again. They just stood. Watching Lorna’s left behind footprints as if hoping that she would appear standing in them.
John gulped once more before reaching in his bag and bringing out glow sticks. He snapped them, activating their ambient glow, and placed them in a circle around the group. A circle of light. A circle of hope. Nathaniel, Kiera and Marcus stood back to back. Gripping their blades, praying that they would provide some defense. If any at all. Kayla followed John around, not taking her eyes of him for a second, as he searched the darkness for Lorna with his torch.

Mitchell stared into the empty void. Clenching his fists. Breathing deeply. Almost panting.
“Come for me then!” He shouted at the top of his lungs. Everyone turned to stare at him. “You’ve had off with Lorna! Come take me! Give her back!” He pleaded with the dark.
It had all intentions of taking him. Mitchell just didn’t know how soon that was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's too short. i really did try to build suspense and tension. I hope some of you were scared ^_^
Not in a bad way. Scared is good for this chapter ^_^
even a glimmer? a smidge of fear?
if so tell me ^_^
Comments please!