The Perfect Smile

Are you scared?

Maddy was laying on the couch with the covers over her watching a DVD. She giggled at Jim Carey's performance in Dumb and Dumber. The credits started rolling and she tossed the covers off her legs and placed her bare feet on the cold floors. Stretching she began walking through the large house in hopes of finding him. He was supposedly working on some "paper work". She laughed at the thought of him sitting behind an office desk scribbling down something on a piece of paper. She reached the room he was in and leaned against the half open door and listened to him. He was talking.. to himself?

" No, hello. Uhm, This is Jack Napier, and I was wondering why my television is out? "

He was calling the television company? He must not have lied to her when she told him that he did have cable. He told her to watch some DVDs and he would have it fixed in a matter of time, she thought maybe he was stealing it.. but no, he actually payed for the cable.

"Yes, ah. So the storm is the reason behind it. Thank you, I was just wondering, yes. Thank you. Bye"

She giggled a bit and slung the door open causing him to instantly look up. She walked over to him and looked down at his desk. He had numerous bills and mail scattered across it, he was clearly trying to sort it. She ran her eyes over a bill that was to "Jack Napier" the same name that he said was calling, was it a fake name?

Maddy: Whose Jack Napier?

He looked up at her and licked his lips from side to side. This was a thing no one knew. He was struggling back and forth with what to do. If he told her that he was Jack Napier then she held information about him that he didn't want out, and if he told her a lie and somehow she found out he was lying then she would be mad at him. Wait, why did he care if she was mad at him?

Maddy: Joker..

She said looking down at him. He looked back up to her. It felt so strange to him to actually be called "Joker". Especially when he was out of character and out of costume.

Joker: I'm Jack.

Maddy's mouth dropped a bit, she wasn't expecting to know his name. She never would've pictured to know him by anything but the Joker. Now she had a name to call him, a first and last name to go with the face. She smiled at him.

Joker: What?
Maddy: I like it.
Joker: Don't call me that though.
Maddy: Why not? It's a nice name.
Joker: You don't get it do you? You're just too innocent to understand. I'm a fucking criminal. I'm a ruthless murderer. I don't want my identity out.

He said to her in a tone that she hadn't heard in a long time. It was so different, so vicious. She had to admit that it scared her. She stepped back a bit and realized that she had backed herself into a wall. She looked over at him and saw that his dark eyes were burning into her. He got up slamming papers down on the table and walked over to her. He placed his hands on her shoulders and looked down at her. She looked up at him and he could see the fear in her eyes.

Joker: Are you scared?

She only nodded her head and then looked down towards the ground. She was looking at their feet, realizing how much bigger his are than hers. He chuckled a bit and moved one of his hands to her chin and tilted her head up so she was looking at him. She gazed into his dark eyes, scared of him for the first time.

Joker: Why are you scared?
Maddy: I don't know. You just snapped on me.
Joker: I'm going to do that from time to time. I can't control it.
Maddy: So you are crazy?
Joker:(pause, with an eye rolling) No . I'm . Not.
Maddy: What is it then!?

He didn't reply to her, he just stood there with her pushed up against the wall. She was still looking into his eyes. For the first time he saw something in them, and everything started clicking. He didn't know how strong or weak, but he did realize that he had developed some sort of feelings for her. He leaned down and pressed his forehead against hers and looked into her eyes again, only this time he let a smile appear on his lips.

Joker: Don't be scared of me, ok?
Maddy: Why not?
Joker: I'm not going to hurt you.
Maddy: Promise?
Joker: Why would I be protecting you?

She giggled and looked up at him and realized he was speaking truth. If he wanted to hurt her he could have easily done it days ago. He could have left her in the clutches of the Riddler. Instead a game of revenge on the criminals who done him wrong turned into a completely different game.. a game he wasn't prepared to play. A game that involved his heart.

Maddy: Can I call you Jack?

She said in a whisper still looking up at him. He licked the insides of his mouth tracing over where the scars were and looked back down at her. He couldn't tell her no, especially after snapping at her like he did. Even though a part of him in the back of his head was yelling at him to tell her no.

Joker: Only when we're alone.

She reached up on her tip toes and placed a kiss on his lips. He kissed back, pushing her against the wall hard and fighting to deepen the kiss. It was rough, but some part of Maddy liked his rough ways. Even though it scared her. She didn't know what she was feeling toward him, but there was something there. It was something in the way his lips felt against hers. Something about the way he looked into her eyes, and something about the feeling she got whenever she was around him.

Once the kiss broke he looked down at her and bit on his bottom lip a bit. He reached up and ran a finger over her cheek tracing the scratch that was slowly disappearing from her face. She smiled though and loved him touching her so gently. But the scratch made him anger. He felt the need to protect her even more so now than before. He felt like it was his first priority.

Maddy: What now, Jack..
Joker: I have some more paperwork to do, then how about you and I take a swim?
Maddy: You have a pool?
Joker: Didn't you see it?
Maddy: No..
Joker: I'll show you in a bit. Give me an hour or so and then I'll meet you in the living room, ok?
Maddy: I don't have anything to swim in.
Joker: We'll think of something.

He said with a smirk. She smiled at him and walked out of the room leaving him to his work. He walked back over and took a seat at the desk, making sure that all of the numbers added up. He would set enough money in the account for a years bills. He was making sure that everything had been paid and not too much had been taking out. He hated being ripped off, and wanted to make sure no one took advantage of him.

Maddy found herself walking back into the living room and taking a seat on the couch. He only had three or four dvds, so she stuck another one in watched it. She didn't know why he had only comedy's, but then after she realized who she was dealing with she laughed to herself. She must have not been to interested in the movie however since fell asleep.

Once The Joker was done sorting through his papers and finding no errors he walked up to his bedroom and pushed open the door. He walked over and reached down in the bottom drawer and pulled out some black swimming trunks. He changed into them quickly and exited his room and started walking into the living room. He laughed when he caught a glimpse of Maddy sleeping on the couch with the T.V on one of his comedies. He walked over and stared down at her for a few minutes, admiring her while she slept. He placed a hand on her shoulder and saw her eyes flutter open.

Maddy: Hey..

She said quietly looking up at him. He just smiled down at her. She noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt and bit on her bottom lip. With a sigh she got up off the couch and stretched.

Maddy: What am I suppose to wear?
Joker: I'm sure you'll think of something.

He said walking through the hall way. She knew that she didn't have anything swimming related in her clothes. She looked down and she was in a black wife beater and a pair of pink plaid sleeping pants. She could take off her pants and swim in her underwear, she thought to herself. She caught up with him just as he was walking out of the sliding door. She didn't say a word to him, only followed him. She hadn't realized that it was such a large back yard until now. Then they came to a pool and her eyes were amazed by it. It was a nice big pool, once again she was shocked.

He dived in without even waiting for her. She watched him swim for a few minutes taking a seat on the lounge chair beside the pool. Only to have him come up out of the water and question her.

Joker: Scared of the water?
Maddy: I told you, I don't have anything to swim in.
Joker: Too bad.

He said with a smirk and went back under the water. She looked at he swam to the other side of the pool. There was no way she was going to let him get her like that. She took off her lounge pants, and then tossed her wife beater over her head leaving her in a matching bar and pantie seat. Thankfully they was black, and could pass as a bikini if they had to. She jumped in the water and swam over to him. He came up for air and smirked at her. They swam and playfully flirted in the water for awhile.

The Joker got out of the pool and walked over picking a towel up off the lounge chair and started drying his hair with it. He went over to the side of where Maddy was and laid down. She raised up her body off the side of the pool and looked at him. They stood there looking at each other for a brief period of time before he leaned in and pressed a kiss on her lips. She pushed her hands up and placed one on the back of his neck making his lips smack against hers harder. The kiss was growing much more passionate, until The Joker broke it.

Maddy: Why'd you--
Joker: Give me your hand.

She done as he said and he lifted her out of the water easily. Once she was on the ground he snaked his arm around her waist placing it on the small of her back and pulled her close to him. That's when their lips connected again refueling all of the fire and passion from the last kiss. She jumped up and wrapped her legs around his waist as he started walking back into the house with her lips still attached to kiss. Once he figured out this wasn't going to work, he placed her back down and took her by the hand pulling her inside. She though had a different idea. She jumped on his back, nibbling on his neck while he was packing her through the house. She could swore she heard him let out a groan as they approached his bed room. Once he arrived to the bed he turned around so she could fall off his back onto the comfortable bed. Once she did he smiled and crawled on top of her, kissing all the way up her stomach, over her neck and then to her lips. She wrapped her hands up in his hair as the kisses continued, both knowing where this would hopefully end up.