The Perfect Smile

I never wanted to hurt you

Maddy walked up the steps of her father's home, followed by Penny and opened the door. She knew he was outside due to his range rover being parked outside the house. She walked in with an attitude and into the living room, his eyes were buried in a book like aways. He looked up and his eyes widened with both shock and happiness.

Joe: Madeline?!

He said getting up dropping his book to the floor and rushing over to his daughters side. Not believing that his beautiful daughter was here standing in front of him with only minor scratches and bruises.

Joe: How? When? Are you ok.
Maddy: I'm fine, no thanks to you.

She spat out anger rushing through her veins. She couldn't believe that the very man who had promised her something when she was a little girl was now standing in front of her worried about her after he was the one who put her life in danger.

Joe: Madeline, what are you talking about.
Maddy: I know all about it, Dad. I know all about your deals with Eddie. That's why they took me! Because you're a damn corrupt doctor who works with the mob!

He sulked in some air and closed his eyes trying to hold back his tears. He never wanted to put his daughter in danger. He wanted to protect her. Wanted to make her safe. He couldn't believe that he was the reason that she probably had to go through that torture.

Joe: How'd you get away?
Maddy: I woke up in an alley, realizing I was only a few blocks from Penny's I went there. I'm just here for my stuff, I'm staying with her.
Joe: What? Madeline no! You can't move out, you're just now back to safety.
Maddy: You think I'm safe here? With you? You're wrong.

She walked upstairs ignoring everything her father was saying to her. Penny followed her and then the two girls started going through her clothing and personal items, packing everything into bags. After Maddy and Penny got most of her personal items loaded into Penny's car, and also Maddy's then she walked back into the living room and saw her father sitting there with tears coming out of his eyes.

Maddy: I'm leaving now.
Joe: I called the police department, told them you was fine. They'll probably want to question you.
Maddy: I don't remember anything, so they have no need. Bye.
Joe: Madeline, I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you.

Maddy only looked over at her father and felt her own tears building up. She hated leaving him like this but she was still mad at him, not to mention she didn't feel safe around him. Maybe she just needed time to recollect herself and her thoughts before dealing with him. Soon she and Penny were both headed back to her house. She figured she would call the police department when she arrived at Penny's and let them know that she really didn't remember much besides being Kidnapped by The Riddler and the first few beatings. She didn't plan on releasing any information about Jack, she wanted to keep all that to herself.

Maddy and Penny packed in the last bit of her bags and placed them in her room. She smiled over at Penny and jumped back on the bed.

Maddy: You know.. for a criminal you've done nice for yourself, Pen.
Penny: I'm sorry I didn't tell you, Mads. I didn't really tell anyone.
Maddy: I understand, you needed to protect yourself.
Penny: Yeah, but I'm glad you know now. It feels good to have you here. I'm gonna head out..

She said with a laugh. Maddy knew exactly where she was heading. Probably out to deal with The Riddler, or maybe even to rob a bank or jewelry store somewhere. At least now she knew where Penny got all of her amazing necklaces and earrings she loved to flaunt. She watched as Penny left her room and raised up off the bed and examined her new room. Average size, decent room. Pretty bland and boring, but Penny told her to make it her own so she could add a splash of personality and make it work. She got up noticing something black by the window. She walked over and picked it up. Smiling she noticed it was a small gun. There was also a folded piece of paper by the gun, opening it she read it out loud.

" Take it everywhere. Hide it under your jeans or around your waist. You know what to do with it if you get in danger, it'll be just like target practice.

- J "

She smiled closing the note and walking back over to her bed. She still can't believe that everything in her life could turn upside down in such a short amount of time. Not to mention; she now lived with a criminal, and had developed feelings for another. Sighing and trying to suppress all of the feelings of everything she reached over and picked up the phone off the nightstand and dialed the number of the police department, soon she was on the phone with Jim Gordon.

Gordon: Your father called, is there anything you can tell us that might lead us to the capture of any of these criminals.
Maddy: I don't remember much of anything. I just know that The Riddler got very violent with me, and kept me locked away for the time I was away. Then I woke up in an Alley.

She couldn't tell if Gordon was believing her or not. Her story was very short and not believable. But she wasn't about to give him any information about Jack.

Gordon: Okay, Miss Hudson. I'm aware that it's probably a very hard time for you and I thank you for telling us this. Since you woke up in an Alley they're probably done with you for awhile, but if anything seems out of the ordinary in your life then you give us a call. Ok?

Maddy: I will Mr. Gordon, thank you so much.

She soon hung up the phone with him and sighed. She really did hate lying. It ate her alive. She also hated the fact that she couldn't stand her father. The man who raised her and made her the woman she is today. She started thinking about him, and the first time she saw him. He was brought in by two corrupt cops, beaten to a bloody pulp. She smiled, then remembered Arkham. Her job, she would need it if she planned on making it in this city, especially without living with her father now. She called and spoke to Will Grayson who was the owner of Arkham. He was happy to hear she was fine, and told her as soon as she was capable then she could return back to work. Deciding that she had enough time off she told him that she could return tomorrow.

.........................................

The Joker walked inside his biggest hide out. The one where most of his "good" men were. The men who he wouldn't kill for just shits and giggles. The men who he considered were on payroll. This hideout was much different than the others. It was actually a nice house right in the middle of Gotham. Large garage, and a good yard. Most of the neighbors probably thought it was just a party house filled with a bunch of guys who wanted nothing more in life but to lay drunk.

He walked in and hummed a bit to himself as he saw Jared and Tyler sitting at the table enjoying a sandwich.

Jimmy: Boss, you decided to come back, I see. How was your vacation?

Jimmy had been with The Joker for nearly six years. He knew when he disappeared for a over a few days then he was more than likely just taking some time off. Even criminals needed a break every now and then.

Joker: Just Dandy.

He said walking up to his room within the house. He always had the biggest one that had it's own bathroom. Not to mention it was much different than the other hide outs. This one was furnished, and was actually very nice looking. He walked over to his bed and laid down. The dark silk sheets felt soothing, reminding him of Maddy's soft touch. His mind drifted to her, and hoping she found the gun and put it by her side. He closed his eyes recalling the times they had. The memories they had made, and the secrets they had shared. She knew more about him than any other individual. Soon came a knock at the door and in walked Jared
Jared: Saw one of your buddies last night, Two Face.
Joker: Tell me more.
Jared: Killed a mob member. I just so happen to be going after the same mob member, only he got to him first.

Jared was also a go to guy. He was pure muscle and had an asshole attitude. Although he had stood by the Joker when everyone else had turned on him. He and Jimmy was the best out of all his men, and the only two he really cared to have on his side. He had five or six others at this hideout, but he didn't really care about them. After Jared briefed on him what was going on in Gotham he left The Joker to his thoughts, although he only thought of one thing, or should I say person. Her smile and her scent haunted him, to the point as to where he was about go to insane. He feared for her safety right now, he knew that he wasn't with her protecting her at this very moment and anything could go wrong.

After over an hour of trying to sleep he angrily tossed the covers off and got up walking over and picking up his clothes from the floor and putting them on. Walking into the bathroom he applied his make-up sloppy and walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs. The only way he was getting an ounce of sleep tonight was to make sure she was safe. He walked over and got inside the jeep and headed towards Penny's house.

He parked in an Alley two hours down from Penny's and got out of the jeep. He walked in the shadows until he reached her house, and then remembered that Maddy's room was near the back of the house. Walking around he spotted her window. He looked in and saw her sleeping peacefully. He wanted so much to just open that window, and go crawl in the bed with her but he knew that he couldn't do that. He needed to protect her right now, and protecting her is getting rid of Two Face and The Riddler. After finding out that she was safe inside Penny's home she walked back to his jeep, getting inside and heading back to the hideout. He was going to start his plan tomorrow, the plan that would hopefully secure Maddy's safety forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got the inspiration for Jimmy & Jared from Bloodhound Gang members Jimmy Pop & Evil Jared :)

Hope you enjoy, I'll try to get another one out soon!