The Perfect Smile

F R E A K

He drove down the dark roads in hopes of spotting something that would seem out of the ordinary, something that would lead to her. He had split his goons up into three different groups sending them out promising them a nice reward if they found her. He was furious that she had been taken once again. He promised to protect her, and he sure as hell was not going to break that promise to her. He didn't know why she had this effect on him, most thought he wasn't even capable of feelings but Maddy Hudson made him feel things.

Jared: Boss?

He looked over at Jared, breaking out of his daze. He couldn't concentrate on anything but finding her, nothing mattered to him.

Joker: What?
Jared: He mentioned something about a needle, and if he gave her too much it'd kill her.. he used that same needle on Jimmy.. so I take it he's dying?
Joker: Jimmy will be fine. It's a fear toxin. Although if he does give too much a person will die eventually. Did he use it on her?
Jared: I got knocked out from the Riddler, so I couldn't tell ya.

The Joker didn't like this, not one bit. He hated the fact that he didn't know if she was hurting or not. He hated the fact that someone might be hurting her! He hated the fact that he wasn't there to protect her. He turned his attention back on the road and drove down an abandoned part of Gotham hoping to find her.

Maddy looked over and saw The Riddler and Crane sitting at a table talking. She was shoved in a corner, wrist tied, ankles tied, and tape over her mouth. Scared to death of what their plans was for her, she thought back to the last time she was with him and the beating she had survived, she didn't know if she'd be lucky enough to survive this time. The only good thing that came out of the last incident was Jack. She closed her eyes thinking back to him, and hoping that he was looking for her at this very moment. Once she opened her eyes and noticed the Riddler had a wicked smile placed upon his lips. He got up and slowly began walking over to her. She shuddered in fear as he got closer, leaning down so his face was in front of hers. He opened his mouth to speak, Maddy was disgusted by the smells coming out of his mouth.

Riddler: Ok, now. Miss Hudson. I'm going to be asking you a few questions and if you answer honestly then you might live to see another day, but if you lie to me.. then you'll be dead before the sun rises.

He ripped the tape off of her mouth causing her to cry out in agony. She let a single tear fall down her cheek as he smiled and began to talk.

Riddler: Where did you and The Joker disappear to that night that YOU killed two people.

Maddy just looked at him and didn't speak a word. Something told her to be strong, to not let him break her. She didn't say a word, especially not a word involving Jack. She wouldn't put his life in danger. She'd rather die herself.

Riddler: Not going to talk, I see. Well, let's see if this can change your mind.

About the time he finished his last word his fist came crashing into Maddy's face causing her to almost fall over completely. She was sure he had cracked her jaw. He grabbed her by the hair of the head and pulled her up and again proceeded with questions. Each and every time she wouldn't answer he would punch her equally as hard or harder as the last. She screamed out in pain with each and every hit. Bruises, cuts, and gashes were already forming on most of her face. He was yelling profanities at her now, trying to break her. She was in the middle of a break down, but she still wouldn't say a word. She just took it, hoping that it would soon be over. With one last punch though she slipped into the darkness of unconsciousness, probably saving her life.

Riddler: It's no fun if she isn't awake!

He yelled kicking her in the stomach. Her lifeless body didn't move though. He walked back over and took a seat at the table with Crane.

Crane: What significance is she to you?
Riddler: At first she was a link to the mob, but they've laid off.. now she's just a game between the Joker and I.
Crane: A game?
Riddler: He stole her from me, and I got her back.
Crane: And what are your plans for her?
Riddler: For some reason he feels attached to her, the freak probably developed feelings for her--
Crane: The Joker is a psychopath, he doesn't develop feelings.
Riddler: Then why else would he have taken her? I want to kill her.. in front of him.

Crane only shrugged his shoulders. He had studied the Joker briefly though and knew that he couldn't develop feelings for anyone, unless.. he was faking the whole psychopath identity.

Crane: Unless he's faking the entire psychopath identity.
Riddler: If so.. he's a good actor.

He said smiling over at Crane and then looking back over at a lifeless Maddy laying on the floor.

The Joker angrily walked inside Penny's house, not even taking into notice that she may or may not even be there. He saw her sitting on the couch with tears streaming out of her eyes. He walked over and picked her up off the couch slamming her again the wall wrapping his hands around her throat. Penny scratched at his hands trying to free herself, and not understanding why he was attacking her.

Joker: YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN WATCHING HER, DAMN YOU.

He released her soon and let her gasp for air. She just looked up to him though, knowing he was right. She was too busy worried about Bruce though than to even think about her best friend, she was disappointed in herself.

Penny: I don't know what I was thinking.

She finally managed to say looking up to him. She could see that he was furious with her, and everyone else.

Penny: Scarecrow was there too.
Joker: I know. I've been looking for them all night.
Penny: He tried talking to Maddy earlier that night. She was weirded out by him.
Joker: He was probably just setting her up.

He said cracking his neck. He walked into her bedroom and looked around walking over to her vanity he picked up her hair brush and looked at it, once again getting angry he tossed it into her vanity mirror causing it to shatter to pieces. He couldn't take this. She was the only thing that made him sane, and now some bastards had her probably beating her. He walked over and sit down on her bed with his head lowered. He didn't know what he was going to do, all he knew is that he wanted her back, he needed her back.

Maddy raised her head up off the floor and looked around a bit, she was now alone. Her head was throbbing and sore due to the amount of hits she took to it. She licked her lips and tasted dry blood. She looked down and saw that she was still in the dress from the evening at Bruce's. She didn't even know how long she'd been here. Her wrist were still tied as well as her ankles, she couldn't move all she could do was lay there and let her mind wonder. It wondered to him, and what he was doing at this very moment. She wondered if he was looking for her, and if he wasn't she wondered if he was safe. Funny really that she seems to be more concerned with his well being than her own.

The next day he walked into the mob meeting with three other goons by his side. He was going to question them and if they didn't have the answers he wanted then he may even kill a few of them. He listened as Maroni and some Russian man talked, rolling his eyes he walked into the room. They all raised their eyebrows in confusion on why he was here. They had laid off on the criminals, so they didn't understand what he wanted with them now.

Maroni: What now, Clown!?
Joker: I'm just here for information, Maroni. Who knows where The Riddler is?

Some of the members looked around and raised their eyebrows at the question, while others just nodded their head in a no manner. They didn't want to fuck with him, knowing exactly what he was capable of doing. After everyone told him they didn't know he licked his lips from side to side. The Joker noticed a young male looking at him, the guy had dirty blond hair and was sitting beside one of the eldest mob dealers, Eddie.

Joker: Is it the scars, kid? Wanna know how I got em?
Matt: He has her, doesn't he? That's what you want, you want her.

The Joker let the sick grin slip right off his face when he said the word her. He didn't know if he was talking about Maddy or not but now he had sparked an interest.

Joker: What do you know.
Matt: I'm not telling you a thing, she's probably safer with him than a freak like you.

The Joker laughed a bit as the goons got their guns ready. He pulled back his jacket showing the bombs strapped to the inside, letting the mob know not to make a move. He then walked over towards the male and stood in front of him looking down on him, pulling out his blade.

Joker: Freak, you say?
Matt: Yes, F R E A K.

By this time Matt was standing up and had actually backed over into a corner. The Joker followed him though making him stand back to the wall. His father, Eddie attempted to get up only to be shoved down by a goon with a gun placed to his temple.

Joker: I believe she would much rather be around me, who wouldn't? I'm the life of the party.
Matt: I beg to differ.
Joker: Tell me where she is.
Matt: I don't know where she is, I just know the location of his hideout.
Joker: Tell me.
Matt: I'd rather not, freak.

The Joker raised his blade to Matt's mouth and slipped the blade inside, even though he didn't want to just yet. He wanted the information out of him, HE NEEDED THAT INFORMATION.

Matt: I'd rather you kill me than tell you information on her, I won't put her in danger, I love her.

He spat out causing The Joker to narrow his eyes. He focused on the last three words that the boy said having them replay over and over in his mind. He loved her? What was his connection to her?

Eddie: I'LL TELL YOU, PLEASE JUST LET MY SON GO.

The Joker turned around still holding the blade to Matt's cheek and motioned for Eddie to start talking. He gave them a location and the Joker smiled widely and then grabbed Matt by the arm and began pulling him out of the room.

Eddie: YOU SAID YOU'D LET HIM GO.
Joker: I never spoke.

He said pulling Matt out of the room and now the hallway. The goons had already got inside the van, he pushed Matt inside and climbed in behind him picking up some rope he had in the back he tied his wrist and ankles together. He wanted information out of him, he wanted to know why he uttered those three words about her.

Matt: WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME, FREAK?
Joker: You love her, you say?
Matt: I do, her and I were together once upon a time.
Joker: Aww, did Madeline break your itty bitty heart?

He teased the man. Matt had enough courage though to spit in his face. He laughed reaching up and wiping the man's saliva off his face. He had to admit, he had guts. Just as the Joker was about to speak, one of the goons informed him that they was there. He looked down at Matt and laughed picking up a pistol and hitting him hard in the head with it knocking him out. He got out of the van and adjusted his coat a bit making sure that all of his weapons were intact. He sent his goons in the front way and they saw that it was clear for him to enter. He walked in hunched and looked around, it seemed to be empty. He walked up the creepy stairs and looked in each and every room and noticed that no one was upstairs and wondered if the mob person had even given him the right location. He then made his way downstairs and saw that his goons were attempting to open a locked door.

"It's locked"

He stated to The Joker who just looked at him like he was the dumbest person on earth. He raised his pistol up to the door knob and shot, and to his complete surprise he heard a loud scream from behind the door, a woman's scream. His heart raced as he kicked open the door. He saw her laying there with fear in her eyes, his heart broke seeing her face beaten and blue.

"NO!"

She screamed as he walked into the room. He didn't know why she was screaming no, but he soon felt why as a sudden pressure was on his head. He stumbled forward a bit, but regained his balanced and turned around to see a smiling Riddler.

Riddler: So nice of you to join me.
Joker: Nice place you got here.

He joked, two of his goons came in behind him, one held up a gun in his direction only a bit to the left. He turned his head a bit and realized Crane was standing right behind him.

Joker: I see you're back in town, scarecrow.

He stated as the third goon entered the room. Now he was in control, making his way over to the shivering Maddy. He didn't understand why she was yelling for him to stay away though. He got near her and leaned down to her face, she just looked up at him with tears streaming down her face, still telling him to get out of here. He turned back around and saw that his goons hand men behind them holding a knife to their throats. They had also took their guns.. the situation had really changed now.

Riddler: Looks like I got a pose too!

He said childish as he jumped up and down with a smirk on his face. The Joker only narrow his eyes as The Riddler walked over towards Maddy with a gun pointed to her. He couldn't do anything but watch as he reached down and ran his finger over her face. Jack was now fueling with rage.

Riddler: She's such a pretty game, isn't she? I wonder who will win between you and I. You know, we really can't keep stealing her away from each other like this.. she may forever who her owner is.

The Riddler talked more and more and then brought out a knife and ran it across her cheek, making it cut it lightly letting a little blood poor. The Joker clutched his hands into fist, getting ready to attack. The Riddler noticed.

Riddler: Now you have three guns pointed at you, do you really wanna risk it all?
Joker: Don't . Touch . Her
Riddler: But, I like it! I like it, a lot.

He spat out. The Joker was so furious but he almost felt defeated, he knew if he made a move then he would be shot and then he would be no help to Maddy. He looked down at her face and she kept whispering for him to not do anything. The Riddler was opening up his mouth to speak once again until he heard a crash come from the upstairs of the building.

Riddler: Hmm, I'm not expecting more company. Shut the doors!

He commanded to the goons. They followed his orders, only right before they got it shut a black shoe was stuck in and then a force was pressed onto the door. Jared has managed to push open the door even though two of Riddler's guys were trying to shut it. In walked Jared along with four other's and Penny. The Joker was defiantly back in control now and both The Riddler and Crane, along with their men knew this. Instantly the men let go of The Joker's and bolted for the door, as did Crane. The Riddler still stood by Maddy now though.

Joker: Now, I said.. Don't . Touch . Her

He said pulling out his pistol and aiming it towards his forehead. He would much rather make this man torture for what he had done to her, but if it came down to it then he would allow a bullet to take his life. The Riddler pretty much knew that either way he was a Joker so he tested him. He cut into Maddy's collarbone causing her to scream, that's all it took for him to pull the trigger, only The Riddler moved out of the way pulling Maddy into the path of the bullet.

Her screams echoed throughout her mind. He looked down at her and realized the bullet had penetrated her shoulder. He yelled out dropping his gun and walking over to the Riddler picking him up with his bare hands. The Riddler was laughing. The Joker shoved him against the wall and wrapped his hands tightly around his throat cutting off his oxygen supply. Penny rushed to Maddy's side, ripping off a piece of her dress and placing it over her now bleeding shoulder. Maddy had tears of pain flowing out of her eyes, but then again she also had tears of relief. She looked over and saw Jack choking the Riddler, his face now turning a shade of blue which took her mind off the pain for a minute, she knew that he had no intentions on shooting her.

After The Riddler was near death, the Joker reached in his pocket and pulled out a knife raising it to his cheeks he cut a permanent smile into the man's face, and then stabbed him numerous times in the stomach. He wanted him to bleed, he wanted him to suffer. Once the Riddler was lifeless he let his body fall to the ground. Turning around he looked over and saw Maddy almost slipping into unconsciousness. Penny was tending to some of her wounds, but he knew she would need medical attention for her bullet wound, and he couldn't help but hate himself realizing that she needed that because of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to say thank you to the people who have commented on my story, it means a lot to me that you guys let me know what you think. Hope everyone is enjoying the story :)