The Perfect Smile

Excuses, excuses.

They laid there in silence for a over an hour. Sighing loudly Maddy got up from the bed and walked over to her small bag and pulled out her pajamas, figuring that if he wasn't going to talk then she was going to bed. Although when she was in the bathroom changing into her pajamas she remembered something. When she was packing for tonight, she wanted to pack something a little sexy, so she had picked her favorite little nighty. Now she didn't know if it was a good thing or not. Jack seemed to have a lot of things on his mind. She was sure he wasn't mad at her, but still.. he was thinking hard about something.

He had been laying there over an hour thinking about how he could possibly have a relationship with her. Everything always went back to "You can't" but he wasn't going to settle for that. He would find a way. He had never wanted anything like he wanted her. She was the batteries that kept him going. He noticed she had got up and picked something up off the floor, probably her pjs to change into he thought. He knew she probably thought she was mad for not talking for over an hour, but he couldn't bring himself to. He wanted so badly to figure out how they was suppose to be together, and keep her protected at the same time. He knew that something had to give. The squeaking of the bathroom door opening brought him out of his thoughts, he looked towards the door and his heart almost leaped out of his chest.

Image

All of the thoughts were now vacant from his mind. The only thing on his mind at this very moment was Maddy in that very thin and very revealing little nighty. She noticed him starring and rolled her eyes playfully at him and got in bed beside him. He wrapped one of his arms protectively around her and pulled her close. She reached up one of her hands and ran it across the scars on his cheek. He shuttered at first but soon grew comfortable with her hand there. She didn't know why he still tensed up sometimes when they touched, she would assume that he would be used to it by now.

Joker: Did you plan on driving me wild with that outfit, Princess?
Maddy: Packed it by accident.

She said in a very playful tone. He knew that she didn't pay it by accident. He knew damn well why she packed it, and he knew that by the end of the night he would give in. He just couldn't help himself. She was the drug that he was addicted to. He felt her weight shift and before he knew it she was straddling him and placing kisses along his neck. He let out a groan as her lips departed from his neck. She smiled and then placed a kiss on his ruby red lips. He deepened the kiss and she soon backed away and got off him.

Joker: Where are you going?

He ask as she scooted off the bed and walked into the bathroom. He heard the sink running and scrunched up his eyebrows a bit. He saw her come out with a cloth in her hand and knew exactly what she was going to do. She was going to remove his make-up, which he was fine with. She got on the bed and then crawled towards him putting the cold cloth up to his face. He moved back a bit, not because of the make-up being removed but due to the coldness.

Joker: Ever heard of hot water, princess?
Maddy: I didn't know which was which!
Joker: Excuses, excuses.

He said as she finished removing the make-up and tossed the cloth to the side of the room, and regained her position on top of him. She placed a few kisses on his damp lips and then removed his vest. One she removed it, she worked on the shirt. Slowly unbuttoning each button.

Joker: You're killing me here!

He said as she was only on the 3rd button. She laughed a bit and leaned down pressing a kiss on his lips and then went back to slowly unbuttoning his shirt. She was driving him crazy and she knew it too. He smiled as she finally got the last button undone and then traced her finger down from his neck to his lower abdominal. She bit on her bottom lip as she hit the top of his pants.

Joker: Take them off!
Maddy: Jack...
Joker: Do it, Princess. You've teased enough.

He almost commanded, in a playful tone. She done as she was ordered though, feeling as though she had teased him enough. Once he was left in nothing but a pair of boxers and some colorful socks she smiled down at him and then allowed her lips to go crashing down on his hard. After a minute or two of a soft kiss, it turned rough, passionate, and steamy. The tables had turned and he rolled over on top of her, placing soft kisses down her neck hitting her sweet spot and making her gasp a little. She helped him remove what little clothing he had left and then the two of them became one. Caught up in a world of passion. Neither of them had ever felt more complete in their entire life. If there was any doubt in Jack's mind before this, that they belonged together then it all faded. He knew that she was the only woman made for him. She was practically designed for him head to toe. He loved everything about her.

Maddy let out a loud sigh as Jack wrapped his arm around her tightly holding her body closely to his. They were both covered in each other's sweat, and both exhausted. She laid there on his chest listening to his heart beat for what seemed like an hour or two before finally speaking.

Maddy: Jack..
Joker: What, Princess?
Maddy: I love you.
Joker: (Chuckling) I love you too, Princess.

She smiled although sometimes when he laughed it made her wonder. She knew there was some parts of his personality that she would never understand. Some things he says, that she could never comprehend. She knew that he wasn't a 'psychopath' but maybe sometimes he got so caught up in the character that he forgot who he really was. There was still some things that she didn't know about him.

Maddy: Can I ask you a question?
Joker: Shoot, Princess.
Maddy: How'd you get your scars?

He ran his fingers through her hair debating on if he should tell her or not. It was not only a touchy subject for him, but he knew that if he shared this then she might look at him differently. He didn't want her to judge him on what he had done when he was seventeen years old. He didn't want her to think down on him. He sighed.

Joker: Do you really think you're ready for it?
Maddy: Yeah, I do..
Joker: Maddy, if I tell you... you won't judge me because of it, will you?
Maddy: You know me better than that, Jack. I just wonder how you got them sometimes.
Joker: I'll give you a short version. When I was 17 years old, I had a girlfriend named Jeannie. She was 15 at the time. We were sexually active...

Maddy had to admit that when he mentioned another girls' name it stung. She didn't like it one bit. She also didn't like the fact that he was having sex with another woman. Even though it was long before they met, she still didn't like it. But she listened anyways, as he continued on with the rest of his story.

Joker: She ended up being pregnant.

Her heart dropped. He had a child and he hadn't told her? How could he not tell her that he had a kid?! She just couldn't believe this story, and what did it have to do with his scars? She thought as he continued.

Joker: She went away.. that's when she found out.. and she aborted it.. she told me two weeks later when she came home from visiting her family. It ate me alive to know that she had killed our baby, my baby. I yelled at her, told her I had a decision in it too. But she just used the "I'm too young to be a mother role". So I went home and sulked for two weeks. Only thinking about that baby. I threw myself into all of my books and studied. She came over one day, trying to convince me to talk..

Joker: I remember her words like yesterday. They sung like venom. Most guys would be smiling about this situation, glad even! I didn't kill an innocent child, I saved it from being born into hell.

Joker: I couldn't figure out how someone could be happy or smiling about a situation like that. Those words echoed through my mind. I couldn't read my books, I couldn't play the guitar, I couldn't even sleep. I guess I just snapped, I walked into the bathroom and decided to cut a smile into my face, so I'd always be smiling about every situation whether it be good or bad.

Maddy looked up at him and couldn't believe the story he had just told her. It broke her heart. She couldn't believe that someone could be so cold to not inform the father of their baby that he was in fact a father before they aborted a child. She felt sorry for Jack on a whole new level, and in some weird way she got how he became The Joker. She was sure that it wasn't easy going through that; and then having to try to go on with your life with a smile cut into your flesh. She knew people were probably mean and teased him about it.

Maddy: I'm so sorry.
Joker Don't be sorry, it's in the past.. but that's it, the true story.
Maddy: I can't believe she would do something like that.
Joker I couldn't either, but people aren't always what you expect them to be. I don't think I ever really knew the real Jeannie, or I wouldn't have realized how cruel she could be until that moment.
Maddy: I have to admit, you're right there. I didn't expect you to be this way.
Joker: Guess I proved you wrong, huh Princess?

She only smiled and then raised up and placed a soft kiss on his lips. She still couldn't believe that Jeannie had done that. Even though she was only 15 years old. There was other options than just aborting the child. She also should've thought about getting pregnant before she had sex. She knew that it had scarred Jack, not only on the outside but on the inside too. He would now never get a chance to know that little boy or girl.

Maddy: Would you have wanted the kid? You know, if she hadn't have..
Joker: I didn't want it up until I knew she was pregnant, then I did. I wanted it more than anything. I wanted to give it everything that I never had. I wanted to show it things that I never dreamed of seeing when I was young. I wanted to give it the world.

Maddy smiled and felt like she knew him a bit better now. Him letting her know the reason behind his scars let her in on a whole new insight to him. She knew part of his past. The reason why he is who is he, how he became who is he. She couldn't help but to love him even more after tonight. She knew that he had the biggest heart ever. She just really did wonder how he got to this. How he became the Joker. She knew that it was probably hard dealing with it, but did it really lead him to this?