The Perfect Smile

They won't touch you.

Maddy was putting her clothes from the previous day back on trying to let Jack sleep as much as possible. She glanced up at a green colored clock hanging on his wall and realized it was a bit after 10 a.m. She knew that she had to be at work at 2. He fluttered his eyes open and saw her buttoning her pants, raising up off the bed he looked at her as she tossed her green sweater over her head.

Joker: Why are you getting dressed, Princess?

Maddy: I've got to be at work by two!

With a loud sigh he laid back down and wrapped the covers around his body. He really didn't like the idea of her working at Arkham, he actually didn't like the idea of her working at all. He knew that he couldn't protect her there. Not to mention, he now thought about her wearing that little nurse outfit and all those crazies looking at her, and probably thinking the same thing he thought when he first saw her.

Joker: Why don't you call in today?

He suggested, Maddy only rolled her eyes playfully at him and jumped on the bed, soon connecting their lips in a soft morning kiss. Once her lips departed from his he licked his own adding some moisture.

Maddy: You got to take me home, Jack! I've got to get a shower and change.

Joker: Yeah, yeah, yeah..

He said tossing the covers off his legs and slipping his boxers up on him. He then yawned as he walked over and picked out a simple pair of jeans and a plain black t-shirt. She was surprised when he didn't go for The Joker make-up and wardrobe, but she wasn't about to complain. He rain his fingers through his fading green hair, before making his way over to the door and opened it. She followed him and they quietly made their way down the hallway, and then the stairs. She was surprised not seeing any of his men awake. He picked up his jeep keys from off the table and the two were soon inside his jeep heading for Penny's house.

Maddy: You didn't wear your make-up.
Joker: Way to state the obvious, Princess.
Maddy: Don't be a smart ass.
Joker: I can't help it, you know I'm just brilliant.

He stated with a smirk pulling into Penny's drive way. Maddy opened the door and then turned around as she got out noticing he wasn't getting out.

Maddy: You're not coming in?
Joker: I've got work to do. I'll see you soon.
Maddy: Promise?
Joker: Yes, I promise.

She smiled and waved goodbye to him as he backed out of the drive way and drove down the street. She watched him until the Jeep was out of eye sight and then with a sigh she made her way up the steps of Penny's house, and opened the door. She walked in with a smile noticing that Penny was sitting on the couch enjoying a cup of coffee. Penny looked over and flashed Maddy a very happy smile.

Penny: Out with J, huh? How was your night?
Maddy: Amazing!

Maddy said falling backwards on the couch. It was as if she was on cloud 9. She never wanted that night to end, but all good things must come to an end. She looked over and saw Penny blushing to a bright side of red.

Maddy: And how was your night?
Penny: Oh, Bruce and I just spent a little time together that's all.
Maddy: You two were intimate weren't you?
Penny: Yes! I couldn't resist him any longer.

Maddy giggled at Penny's embarrassment on the situation. Even though she was an adult and could do as she pleased, Penny was the type of woman who had planned on saving herself for marriage. Maddy knew that she had to be pretty crazy about Bruce if he somehow managed to steal her virginity from her.

Penny: So, how are you and Mr. J doing?
Maddy: Great, but let's not talk and he and I right now.. Guess what?
Penny: Humm?
Maddy: My mom is alive.
Penny: Shut up! But Maroni told Joker that she was--
Maddy: Dead I know, and guess what else?
Penny: There's more?
Maddy: I have a half brother, named Zachary.
Penny: Your mom and Maroni have a kid together?
Maddy: Mhm.
Penny: Damn, anything else wild and crazy that I should know?
Maddy: Not really, I don't think.
Penny: Damn, looks like we both had a wild night.
Maddy: Tell me about it, and now I've got to be at work soon. So I better be getting a shower.
Penny: I'm heading to the gym, so I'll see you later darling.

Maddy smiled as Penny sipped down her last bit of coffee and stretched so she could jog to the gym. Maddy walked into the bathroom and got herself a much needed relaxing shower. The hot water dripped over her muscles instantly relaxing them. She washed her hair in a raspberry smelling shampoo and condition and then ran a raspberry body wash over her body. Once her shower was complete she stepped out and wrapped a towel around her body. She blow dried her hair, and decided that today she would wear it straight instead of her normally bouncy curls. She done her makeup very natural looking, and once she was pleased with the appearance of her face and hair she walked into her bedroom and picked up one of her hideous white outfits.

She grabbed her keys and was soon heading out the door to work. She sometimes hated her job, and wished that she could just quit and focus on school but she knew that she had bills to pay and to pay bills you needed money, so Arkham was much needed in her life right now. She was just excited that she had decided to take summer classes so she could become an R.N in just seven months. She couldn't wait to remove herself from Arkham. It just wasn't the place for her, unless he was there.

He popped his neck sitting at the table with his goons, now in full make-up and purple suit. He looked over them and knew what each and every one of them was thinking. Why did he let the boy go? And why did he have that girl with him?

Joker: So tell me, what is everyone thinking? And if you lie. I'll blow your brains out, you go.

He said pointing to one of his newest men. The man's eyes widened in fear as The Joker pointed to him with a pistol. He began to attempt to talk, but nothing but gibber was coming out.

Man: We was just wondering what we're doing today.

BANG

The bullet penetrated the man right between the eyes. The Joker knew that he wasn't telling the truth due to his pause before he spoke. Smiling he turned to the other guys who had just watched on of their very own being killed.

Joker: I know what you're thinking. Why did he give the boy up? Why was that girl here? Well, I'm going to answer your questions, boys. I gave the boy up because he was no use to us.. not to mention he was queer. He'd probably get a kick out of me gutting him, and I wasn't going to give him any pleasure before his death.. and the girl, well.. Who wouldn't want her around?

Man #2: Damn right, She was fucking hot--

BANG

Another bullet penetrated the second man through the head causing him an instant death too. Jack wasn't kidding when he said he was jealous, and he was going to let these men know that too.

Joker: I suggest no one say anything about her. The only job you fools have is to protect her. Anyone else want a bullet? I've got plenty to go around.

He let an evil smile curve into his lips. Even though he had lied about Zach, he knew that he had once again struck fear into his men, which meant that they wouldn't think she was a weakness for him. He also made it clear to them that they wasn't to hit on her, which was still questionable. He knew that they not always obeyed it orders as he wished, and even some of them were foolish enough to betray him.

Maddy smiled as she helped Amber brush her hair. Somehow the poor girl had got gum it in. She didn't even know people were allowed to give the patients gum. She tried saving as much as she could, but knew that they would ultimately have to cut some of it out. Amber was weeping into her hands, not wanting to have a hair cut. It'd be her first one ever, and needless to say she didn't want it. Maddy tried to calm her down and tell her that it wouldn't be that bad.

Maddy: It won't be that bad sweetie, just a little snip.
Amber: I don't want it cut!

The small girl cried out in protest as a nurse came towards her with a pair of scissors. Maddy felt sorry for her but knew it had to be done. They just couldn't leave the gum in her hair. Amber cried as she heard the scissors cutting through her locks of her. The hair that had once fell down to nearly her butt was now cut unevenly over her shoulders. Maddy rubbed her cheek hoping that this didn't send her off the deep end. She knew that Amber's personalities tended to shift when she was stressed or went through something dramatic.

After comforting Amber for over an hour, Maddy had decided that she was going to be ok and excused herself so she could go and take care of a few other patients. She was helping an elderly woman bathe when her name came over the intercom to report to the main office. She wondered why but finished her job and then made her way down to the office. She opened the door and was shocked a bit seeing her father and Matt both standing there.

Maddy: What's this about?
Matt: Hi Maddy.
Joe: Madeline, I want you and Matt to go away for awhile.
Maddy: I'm not going anywhere. Is this why I was paged? Stupid reason, you know that you only page someone if something is wrong!
Matt: I think some of the mob members are going after you, Maddy.
Maddy: What? Me? What for!
Matt: They talked about it the other day, saying they wanted the girl that seemed to have a big affect on all of the criminals. So you and I; we're leaving this place for away. I'm going to keep you safe.
Maddy: I'm not going anywhere with you!
Joe: Go with him, Madeline. He'll keep you safe.
Maddy: I'm not going anywhere with either of you!

She said storming out of the room. She was anger and pissed now. How could things improve? Now the mob wanted her? It's been five months since all of the action between The Joker and The Riddler, what could the mob possibly want with her now? She sighed, making her way down the halls wishing that this day would pass as quickly as possible. All she wanted to do was to go home. She knew that' she'd need to tell Jack about everything going on with the mob now, actually she needed to tell him now. She wanted to feel safe, and he was the only person that made her feel safe.

Once her shift was finally over she clocked out and saw Matt standing by the door. Clearly waiting for her. She walked right past them though, but he followed like a lost puppy.

Matt: Please Maddy; they're going to try to bring down The Joker and gonna use you as bait.
Maddy: Why me as bait?
Matt: They think he has some sort of attachment to you.
Maddy: Well, he doesn't so make your mob friends aware that he doesn't.
Matt: I told them I was out.

She turned around not believing him for one second. Matt was a brave guy, but he would never go against his father. If his father was a mob member, then so was Matt. There was no getting out of the mob alive, they'd kill him.

Maddy: Liar.
Matt: Maddy, Please. Let me take you away. We'll go to my parents house in Cancun.
Maddy: I'm not going anywhere with you. So please just leave me alone.

She said climbing inside her car. She rolled up the windows so Matt couldn't even talk and started up her car. She was in no mood for his conversation or anyone else's she just wanted to get home. Matt stood there watching her pull out of the drive way and groaned in disappointment. He wanted to keep her safe. He did love her, with every last piece of him and he knew that she would probably never be his again due to him betraying her but he still wanted to keep her safe.

Arriving home she walked up the steps and in the door. She instantly locked all the doors, knowing that Penny was at work or out with Bruce. She wanted to feel safe and knew that until Jack came by that the only way she would feel safe was if no one else could get in. She walked into her bedroom and changed into something more comfortable and then took a seat by her laptop on the desk and began working on her online class.
Image

She was almost done with replying back to one of the forums from her teacher when she heard a light knock on the window. Smiling she walked over and pulled back the curtain and saw his beautiful smiling face. She unlocked the window and he climbed in. She instantly tossed her arms around his neck and placed a kiss upon his lips. It was odd how much she had missed him, after just not seeing him for a couple hours.

Joker: Miss me, Princess?
Maddy: You know no idea.

She said walking back over and finishing the last sentence of her paragraph and sending it. She bit on her bottom lip turning around seeing him sitting there on her bed. He had some ripped up jeans on, a dark Grey hoodie and no make-up on. Just the way she liked it. She took a seat beside him on the bed, and layed her head on his shoulder debating on if she should tell him the news or not.

Joker: What's on your mind, You're never this quiet.
Maddy: Jack, some things happened as work today.
Joker: What kind of things?
Maddy: My dad and Matt confronted me, and they wanted me to leave with Matt.
Joker: Leave with Matt? Your ex boyfriend? The mob punk?
Maddy: Yeah, apparently, the mob wants me.
Joker: What?
Maddy: They're going after me... thinking it's gonna lead them to you.

He got up and was furious that the mob was now targeting her because of him. But why? No one knew about them but Penny, and he knew that Penny would never betray Maddy like that.

Joker: Why are they using you to get to me?
Maddy: Cause of the drama between you and The Riddler.. they think you'll come after me, I'm bait, I guess.

It made sense though. He had been fucking with the mob lately, and could get why they wanted to get their revenge on him. Maddy was probably the only person that they could think of when the word bait came up. But he knew right now that he wouldn't allow them to get her, there was no way he'd allow them to harm a hair on her head.

Joker: They won't touch you.

She smiled knowing she was safe with him, but it still scared her because most of the time she wasn't around him.

Maddy: I know they won't when I'm with you, but what about when I'm at work, or on my way home?
Joker: You're quitting.
Maddy: Jack, I can't afford to quit, I've got to finish school.
Joker: What do you mean you can't afford to quit? You're quitting.
Maddy: I have bills to pay.
Joker: They'll be paid.
Maddy: Jack..
Joker: I'll take care of everything, Princess. Just promise me you'll quit?

She only nodded her head seeing that it was one of her only ways of safety. She didn't know what she was going to do, or how she was going to live now with the mob wanting her as bait. But with Jack around she knew that she wouldn't be touched. She knew that he would do everything to keep her safe, and she had to admit that was one of the things she loved most about him. She just sighed, remembering before all of this happened to her. She was a happy go lucky girl who was enjoying life. The only good thing about the past months had been Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi Everyone :) Thanks for the support on this story, it means a lot to see everyones comments, they also make it much easier to sit down and type the story knowing that people are enjoying it :)