The Perfect Smile

100,000 dollars

She sighed placing her last bit of clothes in one of the dressers that Jack had two of the men bring upstairs. She couldn't believe that almost all of her clothing fit into it. Although it was the biggest dresser that she had ever saw in her entire life. He was downstairs plotting out something with his men while Maddy just took a few of her personal belongings in the bathroom. She placed her toothbrush and toothpaste on the sink and then exited the room deciding on a shower and a fresh change of clothes.

Image
Once Maddy finished her shower, she stepped out and got dressed in the clothing she had previously picked out. She plugged up her blow dryer and dried her hair. Picking up her small black bag she added a touch of mascara, a little bit of blush, and a dab of Lip gloss.

She looked in the bathroom mirror and realized how low cut the dress really was and instantly regretted putting it on, wondering what Jack would think. But it was comfortable and since she probably wasn't going to leave this room she didn't think it mattered what she wore. She walked out of the bathroom and over to the desk in the corner where her laptop was now set up. She turned it on and began to do an essay that was for her online class. She knew that she still needed to call Arkham and let them know she quit.

He walked in the room and looked over seeing her at the desk typing away on her laptop. He smiled a little bit. She looked up from her computer and smiled at him seeing him standing there in his purple suit and caked on make-up. He walked a bit closer and noticed the amount of cleavage she was showing. At first, he really liked that dress and didn't mind her wearing it one bit, but he knew if she walked downstairs with it on then the men would instantly turn into wolves and start howling.

Joker: What are you doing, Princess?
Maddy: Essay, but I'm gonna stop for awhile.

She said getting up front her sitting position at the desk and walking his way. He was sitting on the bed now with his hands dropped in between his legs. She slowly walked over and sit down on his knee, he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

Joker: You can't wear that downstairs.. I won't have any men left.
Maddy: (laughing) Why won't you have men left?
Joker: Because I know they'll look at you, and I'll simply kill them.

Maddy bit on her bottom lip knowing that he would indeed kill someone. Which did scare her in one aspect, but in another it didn't affect her. She knew what Jack was capable of, and she knew exactly what he was known for but she couldn't bring herself to hold that against him. It actually made her like him even more in some sick way. He was so dangerous, evil, and just plain scary while she was plain, goody goody, and nice as she can be. Although they did mix well together, opposites do attract.

Maddy: I need to call Arkham.
Joker: You have your cell phone?
Maddy: Yeah..

She said pulling it out of a bag that she had on the bed. she pressed the number three and then send, which was Arkham's speed dial. She waited for someone to pick up, once they did she ask to speak to the head boss. She was nervous and had to admit that if there was anyone viewing this scene then it may seem odd that a CNA of Arkham was calling in to quit her job, while sitting on the knee of the Joker.

" Yes, I'm actually leaving town for a bit. I'm sorry for the short notice, Thank you Ma'am, yes I will be continuing my studies, uh huh. Thank you. "

He listened as she talked into the small phone. He was glad that she had officially quit. He knew now the next call though would be the worse one. She would need to call her father, who would probably try to talk her into coming to his house or going away with Matt. Jack had to admit, he didn't like Maddy's father or Matt.

" Dad, I'm leaving town. No, with a friend. Not with Matt. I won't be contacting anyone from Gotham. Not even Penny, so don't bug her. You can tell Matt to go ahead and fill his little mob buddies in on it. Oh yeah, I'm destroying this cell phone so don't even attempt calling it. Bye. "

She hung up the cell phone instantly not giving her father time to reply or protest. Jack didn't think she had the guts to tell him off like she did. But she did, and he most defiantly never thought she would destroy her cell phone. He watched as she removed the back of it, and the battery.

Maddy: Here, just toss it out with the trash.

She said handing him the pieces of the cell phone, he took it from her small hands and smiled seeing as how she was truly cutting off her connection with the outside world. Although he never expected her to, or even ask her too.. she knew what she had to do in order to keep both of them safe.

Joker: I've got to go do something today, so I want you to stay up here alright? Your door will be locked but I'm gonna have Jared sitting outside it watching.
Maddy: Whose Jared?
Joker: The tallest and biggest one. He's one of my best men though, I only trust him and Jimmy. I'm taking Jimmy with me, so I'll leave Jared with you. He knows what to do and trust me, he would never betray me.
Maddy: When will you be back?
Joker: I'm not sure.

He kissed her on the forehead, and she allowed him to get up. He walked over to a table that was in the corner of his room and began placing knives inside his pockets. Maddy smiled once he looked up at her. She walked over and wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly. She didn't like the idea that he was leaving; she knew that it most likely meant that he was going to be doing a job therefore there was always a risk of him being caught or hurt and she didn't like that at all.

Joker: I'm going to be fine.

He reassured her knowing that she probably thought something was going to happen to him. His actual plan was just visit a man that dealt with the mob. The Joker knew him well, and had got information out of him many times before. He released himself from Maddy's hug and kissed her forehead one last time before walking out of the room. She heard him talking to a guy, who she assumed to be Jared. She walked over and shut, and locked the door. Sighing, she walked back over and took a seat at her laptop and starting typing more on her Essay.

He walked into the bar owned by Jordan Soprano. He had about eight men behind him, the place was pretty empty since it was still daylight hours. A few men sitting in the corner clearly trying to rid themselves of their trouble at home by drinking themselves into sleep by nigh fall. He heard some men talking in the back and made his way in that direction. Walking down the hallway he saw two men in suits and started laughing so he could get their attention.

Jordan: Joker, What are you doing here?
Joker: Just came to get some info, Soprano.
Jordan: What do you want to know?
Joker: I know the mob has probably let you in on how they want to take me down, the question I have for you is why? Do they not know that I will cut them up into tiny pieces and feed em to their pooches?

The man in the pin stripped suit looked at him with dread in his eyes instead of fear. Jordan and the Joker had dealt with each other on numerous occasions before and he was aware of how he worked. That's why Jordan didn't mind it when his cousin Sal Maroni filled him in on everything that went on in the mob, sometimes that little bit of information kept him alive.

Jordan: Sal just told me that they want you dead. They've offered numerous gangs and others cash if they kill you.They'll pay 100,000 dollars for anyone who can bring you to them dead.
Joker: Now now now.. didn't little gambol lose his life over that foolishness?

The Joker then turned around and walked away, having the information that he wanted. Although it was defiantly not the information that he wanted. Now he not only had to worry about the Mob targeting himself and Maddy but he now had gangs wanting his blood on their hands. He was well aware that most of the gangs in the area wouldn't fuck with him, but he didn't know about one gang. They was known as The Skins and were Martial Arts specialist. He knew that they would do anything for a couple hundred, so he was well aware of what they would try for a hundred grand.

He and his men loaded up in the van and were soon on the way back to the hideout. He knew that keeping her safe, and keeping his own self alive was going to be a task, but he knew that it was also the only option. He wished that she wouldn't involved in all the danger that circled him, but some way she got dragged in and he'd be damned if he just sit around and let her get hurt.

In another part of Gotham Carol Maroni and her son Zachary sit around the dinner table enjoying their lunch. Sal was at the head of the table looking down over his family. He had his two elder sons from a previous marriage and then his loving wife Carol and his only mistake Zach. When Carol had told him that Zach showed up at her flower shop he was surprised, but it did make sense. Even the Joker wouldn't keep someone like Zach around, a mistake to the human society.

Brandon and Ryan Maroni teased their brother Zachary as they ate their lunch. The two boys were in their early 20s and felt it was always necessary to pick on Zach because of his sexual preference choices. Carol quietly ate her lunch and would look over at Zach every so often and give him a small reassuring smile that everything would be fine, to not worry about what the idiots said. She remembered what Brandon and Ryan were like as children, she had practically raised them after the death.. or well disappearance of their mother Cindy. Although when they turned 15 Sal decided that he would spend more time with his boys, and now they were just as cold hearted as him. Also two of the youngest mob members. She felt that the only reason they looked down on Zach was because he chose not to be apart of it. He chose to live his life the way he wanted instead of living in his father's foot steps.

A man in a suit walked in. Carol looked up from her plate of vegetables and noticed it to be one of her husbands men. The men always scared her, but she would always act as if they didn't. A mob wife needed to be strong and stand her ground, even though she would have much rather not be a mob wife. She regretted the decision to ever sleep with Sal Maroni. She hated the fact that she cheated on Joe. She wished she could have just stayed in that life and lived her life out as the doctor's wife, raising her little girl.

Maroni: Yes, if we find the girl. I want her to be tortured.
Man: We know her name sir, it's Madeline Hudson.

Carol's heart dropped once she heard the name of her daughter. She looked over and Sal looked deep into her eyes knowing that this made things very weird. But he wouldn't stop at nothing to get to The Joker, even if it meant killing Carol's first born and only daughter.

Carol: You son of a bitch, don't you touch a hair on her head!

Brandon and Ryan looked over at Carol in a confused manner, as Zach just looked stern towards his father not believing that he had just told a man to torture Maddy. The girl who saved his life, his sister! Carol got up angrily from the table and stormed off. Zach followed behind his mother closely. For the first time, Carol had enough. She no longer wanted to be around this type of lifestyle. She wanted out, and she didn't care at what cost, she was going to get out.

Maddy sit there typing a message to Penny who had signed on Yahoo Massager. She giggled a bit as Penny flashed a ridiculous smile across the screen. Maddy had decided that since she wouldn't be using her phone, the best way to keep in touch with Penny would be to get a new screen name so they could chat online. She was glad that she could still keep in touch with her best friend. She read the last message Penny sent, stating that had to run and meet Bruce before work but she'd come over soon. Maddy smiled as she exited the message box and heard a knock on the door. She slowly walked over and ask who it was.

"It's me."

Smiling, she opened the door and was greeted by the face that she had missed all day. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he shut the door with his foot. He couldn't help but to smile down at her. She was so precious and always so sweet to him. He leaned down and pressed his ruby red lips down on her lips for a soft and sweet kiss. Soon she found herself laying on his chest twirling her fingers in his hair. He chuckled a bit as he noticed the situation he was in. The most feared man in Gotham was now laying in bed with a woman who he would do everything in his power to protect. His only weakness was laying right beside him, and he wouldn't have it any other way.