The Perfect Smile

60 seconds

He cued his signature laugh as he entered the room where the mob meeting was going to be held, knowing that each and every one of them was going to be unarmed due to their safety to each other. He had plenty of men to back him too, he ended up taking every one of his men with him which ended up being around 17 men with clown mask over their face. He noticed Maroni's eyes grow wide and disgust plastered over his face. He smirked though, knowing he had him just where he wanted him.

Joker: I heard you guys wanted me, well here I am.

Eddie looked up from the table and saw the monster that had caused his son so many sleepless nights. Just knowing that The Joker had once took Matt from this very room tore his stomach into knots. Matt hadn't attended a mob meeting since, too scarred and actually scared of running into the man again. It didn't help that somehow the mob thought that the woman Matt loved was linked to this mad man somehow.

Ryan and Brandon Maroni sit beside their father and looked up at the man with fear shaking through their bones but courage on their face. They knew that a man like him lived on the fear that people showed, it was his drug and they wasn't going to give it to him.

Laughing again he watched as one of his clown henchmen handed each one of the members a little box. He narrowed his eyes a bit to the crowd, looking deep into the conscious of each and every man in here. He could kill them every one today, but that wasn't his plan. He wanted to take each one of them down one by one. He wanted to make them pay for what they was doing to her.

Joker: Now, I'm going to have another magic trick. It's called a disappearing act. Now one of you.. is going to disappear in mid air well not completely, maybe just pieces, in about... Uhm, 60 seconds. Ah ah ah

He said pointing to one man with a gun who was going to place his box down.

Joker: No no no no. You see the little box is all part of the plan... It contains a small bomb! Just a small one though, I mean it probably wouldn't do too much damage.

Maroni: WHAT DO YOU WANT, CLOWN?

Joker: I wanted nothing, but you all wanted to play. I would much rather go and play with a batsy, but no you see you've decided to steal my time from him.

Eddie: WHERE IS THE GIRL?

Joker: Girl? What girl? Do you think I have time for a woman in my life.. Oh no, I'm too busy playing with girly little mob members.

He teased with a sour smile plastered upon his lips. He had to admit though, when they mentioned her his muscles tensed up. He didn't want her name in their mouth. He didn't want any of them near him, but today maybe they would change their mind. After seeing what he had in store, they would back down and leave them alone.

Joker: Now let me explain the rules. Once I push this little red button, 60 seconds will pass and then one of the boxes will blow up. It's not going to be a big explosion, oh no. I even plan on staying in the room and seeing the outcome! But it will do damage.

He said as he licked his lips from side to side and smiled over at Maroni, making him tense up in his seat thinking that he could possibly have the box, or even one of his two sons that was present. The Joker held out the detonator and flashed them a wide toothy grin as he pressed the red button. The clowns backed off but still held a gun to each and every mob member's head, making sure that they didn't move. Joker backed up a bit ready to observe the disaster that he was creating. He looked down at his watch, and saw that they had a little over 30 seconds before it was to go off. He mouthed '30 seconds' to the mob in a very dramatic way while he tapped on his watch.

Grinning he looked up from his watch once again knowing that the boom was going off any second. 3..2..1.. He listened as a "boom" echoed. He looked to see it was the man who had asked about the girl earlier. Eddie. Who hadn't completely died from the explosion, but surely he would soon from the amount of blood lose. You see the way that the Joker had the men hold the box, well when it exploded it blew off both of Eddie's arms and damaged his chest some. He watched the man take his final breathe before falling to the ground. The other mob members looked over in fear and shock as they saw his disfigured bloody torso now laying on the floor, while the rest of his body was untouched.

Brandon: WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?

He laughed at the boys question. He knew that he had broke him. He had took the courage right off his face and placed fear upon him with tears begging to come out of his eyes. He just smiled and waved goodbye as he made an exit for the door. His clown goons soon followed. The mob however was too scared to move. The Russia male swallowed hard and jumped up from his seat once the last masked clown was out of the room and checked to make sure that Eddie was dead, he looked up at the rest of the men and nodded his head.

Maroni slammed his fist down on the table not believing that they had actually allowed him to walk in here and take one of their lives. It was their fault though. They seemed to be so scared of each other having a weapon, that they will risk anyone coming in here and blowing their brains out. Maroni couldn't believe he was going this far with it though, he thought a simple gun shot to the head would have been fine. Did he really been to disfigure a man and watch him take his last breathe?

Maddy sit there with Penny once again, Jack had decided that he would need every man for tonight's activities. She had no clue what he was up to, but she had over heard some of the men talking about the mob. He wouldn't tell her a thing, he didn't want her to worry. She was worried though. Each time he left the house her stomach turned into knots thinking that he would return back to her, and that drove her crazy. She couldn't believe how strong her feelings had grown for him. She thought that love didn't even express them any longer.

Penny: So you any better?
Maddy: No, I'm still sick.
Penny: Oh, god, tell me about it. I've been having cramps all day.
Maddy: You started your period? This early?

Penny narrowed her eyes at Maddy for a minute and began to wonder what she was thinking. Maddy and Penny were always open with each other and knew when mother nature hit the other. Penny knew that her period was right on time, and was confused when Maddy ask that she was early.

Penny: Early? I'm actually three days late, Mads.
Maddy: What?

Maddy's heart dropped into the pit of her stomach a bit. Realizing that Penny was on her period, and actually late. Now normally, this wouldn't affect a girl.. But Maddy always had her period a week before Penny, and the last period she remembered was when she was at Penny's house, and that was defiantly over a month ago. She felt her eyes began to swell with tears, Penny could sense something was wrong.

Penny: Mads.. what's wrong? What's wrong, Maddy?
Maddy: I haven't gotten my period yet.

Penny's eyes widened a bit realizing what could possible be going on.

Penny: You don't think you're.. pregnant do you?
Maddy: It would make sense wouldn't it? I mean, I've had morning sickness for the last week and now I'm over a week late on my period.

she buried her face into her hands and sighed. She honestly didn't know what to do or say. How could she possibly be pregnant at a time like this? What would she do if she was?

Penny: It could just be stress, Mads..

Maddy looked up at her best friend and nodded, although something deep inside told her that it wasn't stress. Maddy couldn't help but let one small tear creep out of her eye. It wasn't that she was disappointed that she may be pregnant, that didn't bother her. It was the fact of timing, and what condition she was in. Oh no, if timing was different and she wasn't in the circumstances that she was in she would love to be a mother. She didn't get time to continue her thoughts Jack came busting through the door with a pleased smile upon his face.

Penny: I take it you had a good day.

She said noticing his cheerful attitude he only smiled and took a seat beside Maddy on the bed and looked at her and raised an eyebrow a bit noticing the a damp place on her cheek, signifying that she had been crying. Penny looked at Maddy and gave her a small smile and got up and hugged her. Maddy only nodded towards her, knowing that it was best if she left. She just didn't know if she should tell him or not. Should she wait until she for sure finds out or should she tell him that it's a possibility?

Joker: Why was you crying?

She just looked up at him and closed her eyes not knowing how to tell him. His heart stung with sadness seeing her like this. The first thought that entered his mind was that he had done something wrong, he had caused her pain. He just didn't understand how he could possibly do that if he was trying his damnest to protect her.

Joker: Tell me, why was you crying?

He ask more in a demanding tone right now. She opened her eyes and looked into his dark brown ones and sighed. She still didn't know what to tell him.

Maddy: I don't know, Jack.
Joker: Bullshit you know why you was crying, now tell me.
Maddy: Can I tell you later?
Joker: No. Tell me now.
Maddy: Please, I promise I'll tell you later.

He didn't like the fact that she wasn't telling him this. He just didn't know why she wouldn't want to tell him something like this right now. He hated the fact that she was keeping something from him. He got up off the bed and removed his jacket leaving himself in his vest and hexagon shirt. He walked into the bathroom and removed his tie and tossed it to the bedroom floor and ran the water so he could remove his make-up. He looked in the mirror and thought to himself 'Well, if she isn't going to tell me, I'll just give her the cold shoulder'.

Once he removed his make-up he began taking off his clothes and he got in the shower letting the hot water run over his tense scarred torso and down his scarred legs. He had numerous bullet hole wounds, blade scratches over each and every body part. His arms (from elbow down) were probably the least scarred of his entire body. His body was a masterpiece of destruction. Stepping out of the shower he tried himself off and slipped on a clean pair of boxers. Walking back into the room he saw her sitting there still on the edge of the bed looking at the white wall in front of her. He knew something was wrong with her, but if she didn't talk to him then how could he help?

As he crawled under the covers Maddy turned around and looked at him. She knew what he was doing. He wasn't going to talk to her until she told him. But how could she tell him that she might possibly be pregnant? She didn't know how he would react to it, especially after knowing what had happened between him and Jeannie. Sighing she crawled under the sheets with him, and noticed as soon as she did he turned so his back was facing her. She hated him acting like this, but she really couldn't blame him. She looked at his back and counted the scars, Eleven. He had Eleven different scars scattered across his back, some being bullet wounds others being caused by knives or other sharp objects. She knew she couldn't do this any more, she just couldn't stand him giving her the cold shoulder.

Maddy: Jack, please roll over here.
Joker: Are you going to talk?
Maddy: Yes.

He rolled over and looked deep into her eyes and could tell that his cold shoulder had worked. Happy that it did though, since he didn't know if he'd be able to sleep at all without her being wrapped up under his arm, that was the only way he knew she was safe.

Joker: What's wrong, Mads?
Maddy: There's just a possibility that I'm..(pause)
Joker: You're what? Sick? Ill? Bored?
Maddy: Pregnant.