The Perfect Smile

Five weeks

Maddy placed her final touch of lip gloss on and looked in the mirror, making sure that she looked presentable enough. Walking out of the bathroom she placed her silver belt through the loops of her jeans and slipped on her shoes. Jack was placing a jacket on when she walked out. He looked over at her and smiled knowing that today they was going to find just how far along she is.

Joker: Are you ready?
Maddy: Mhm.

The two of them walked down the stairs and out the front door. Jimmy was joining them while Jared stayed back in charge of the rest. They all climbed inside the car. Jimmy got in the back while Maddy climbed in the passenger and Jack drove. He looked down at the directions that Maddy has scribbled down on a piece of paper and followed them. Maddy looked out at Gotham as they passed it. She hadn't saw the outside in awhile and she was trying to take in the surroundings not knowing when she would see them again. Jimmy and Jared had pretty much figured out that there was more going on between Maddy and Jack rather than him just protecting her because she'll be linked to him. Jimmy knew for sure it wasn't when they pulled up in front of a health department.

Joker: You can hang out around here. We shouldn't be long, Jim.

Jimmy nodded his head walking over to a park that was next to the health department. Jack walked over to Maddy who had just began getting nervous about the whole ordeal. She placed her hand in his and the two of them walked into the health department together. She smiled as she took her seat and filled out a few papers. Jack took a seat beside her and looked over at a small child not over 2 or 3 sitting on his mother's lap. The woman was probably 8 or 9 months pregnant smiling down at her son. He looked over and grabbed onto Maddy's hand as she finished the last bit of her paperwork. This was something he never thought he would do. He never pictured himself sitting in a waiting room, waiting to see how far along a woman was.

The doctor told Maddy that he would need a urine sample. She done as he wished and he left her and Jack in the room alone as they waited for their results. The doctor came back in soon and gave her a small examination and then nodded as he left the room again. Jack sit there in a chair with his head dropped and his hands dropped between his legs.

Maddy: You're making me nervous!

He looked up and she could tell he was happy and excited all at the same time.

Joker: Sorry. I'm just really wanting to know.
Maddy: We'll find out soon, Babe.

He just half smiled at her and tossed his head back waiting for the doctor to come back in. Soon the door knob turned and he felt his heart leap from his chest after seeing the doctor. The doctor had a very pleased smile upon his face.

Doctor: Madeline Hudson. You're test came back positive. You're 5 weeks pregnant.

She smiled instantly with so many emotions flooding through her. Jack smiled too, hearing it from a doctor made it positive. It made everything real, and to know exactly how far along she was made everything just that much better.

Doctor: Your child is actually due on February 12th.

The doctor congratulated the couple and made an exit out of the door. Maddy jumped up as Jack stood up and pulled her into a hug. He placed a kiss upon her lips and then ran raised his hand to her stomach, rubbing it gently. She looked up at him and smiled a bit and brushed her lips against his.

Joker: So what now?
Maddy: We go home.

He laughed a bit when she said the word home and he just shook his head, realizing that their home was a run down hideout that was a target for the mob at the moment. Hearing that she was actually 5 weeks pregnant hit home a bit. He knew that a child was going to be here in less than 8 months.

Maddy: What's wrong?
Joker: Come on, we better get out of here before the doc charges us extra.

He took her hand and opened the door leading her out of the room and down the hallway. She payed the front lady for the visit and scheduled one a month from now for a check up. She and Jack then walked out of the health department seeing Jimmy walking towards the car at that time.

Joker: Jimmy, I'm dropping you off at the hideout. I want you to round up all the guys and get them ready.

Jimmy told him ok as they traveled further into Gotham. Maddy honestly didn't know what was going on in Jack's mind. It seemed like since the doctors room and her mentioning she wanted to go home something was stirring in him. Once arriving back at the hideout Jimmy got out of the car and made his way up to the hideout.

Maddy: What are you doing, Jack?
Joker: I'm taking you to Penny's. I'm going to stay out tonight and look for more mob members.
Maddy: Jack, not tonight.. please?
Joker: No, I'm getting them. I'm going to the Maroni Mansion.
Maddy: Jack!
Joker: Don't start, I'm doing it.

She sulked back down in the seat as he made his way over to Penny's. She was very happy about this decision but deep down she knew it was something he wanted to do. She just didn't want to leave him, not after having such an amazing day with him. Arriving at Penny's he looked at over her and noticed that she had a frown upon her lips. Reaching over he placed his hand on her chin and made her look at him in the eyes.

Joker: I love you, Princess.
Maddy: Then please come back and get me soon.
Joker: I'll come back as soon as possible.

Noticing someone in her yard Penny came out onto the porch and looked at her company. Seeing it was Maddy in the car she gave a small smile, knowing that Jack was probably going after more people and needed all of his men. He placed a small kiss on Maddy's lips before she got out of the car and walked up to the porch, pulling Penny into a hug as Jack pulled out of the drive way.

Penny: So? How far along?
Maddy: Five weeks.
Penny: I'm so happy for you!
Maddy: I am too.

The two girls walked inside and Penny offered Maddy something to drink as they took a seat down on the couch and began talking about the things that was going on.

The Joker walked into the house and noticed Jimmy had all of his men ready. He told them he'd be down in a minute and walked upstairs and got into his gear and war paint. After hearing that she was 5 weeks pregnant something in him kicked in. An adrenaline rush. He wanted each and everyone of the mob members dead; and as soon as possible so he and Maddy could have no worries. He had thought long and hard about what he was going to do on his way back to Gotham and he was aware of what his decision was. All he had to do now was try to work it out and make sure that his plan can work in the next few months.