The Perfect Smile

Dead

After much deciding The Joker figured that the best place to look for Matt would be his father's mansion, which is probably still his home. Once collecting the address from one of his goons he ordered another one to drive to the location. He had mixed emotions going into this. He not only wanted to kill him because a part of him hated the fact that he had once been with Maddy, but he knew that he wanted to get his revenge for taking Jimmy out. He picked up a steel bar that he had in the van once they arrived and stepped out of van. He watched as his goons walked around the house for anyone on the outside. Once he saw the sign from them that it was clear two of them kicked down the front door and they walked in. The Joker followed in last prepared for anything.

Matt looked up from his punching bag and smiled. He had heard the front door open which was exactly what he wanted to happen. With one more last punch from his bloody knuckles he walked out of the room and stood on the stairs and watched as goons spread out through the mansion. He looked down and saw the man who he wanted dead at the opening of the door. Looking in his hand he saw some sort of steel bar. Smiling Matt looked down and then cleared his throat catching the attention of The Joker and also two or three of his goons.

Matt: I think.. I'm the one you're looking for.

The Joker smirked looking up at Matt. He noticed his knuckles had white tape around them but they were stained with a blood. He was wearing a black white beater and some ripped up jeans that sagged a bit. The last time he had saw the boy he didn't look nearly as ripped as now. He assumed he was training for this very moment. With just a wave of the hand three goons took off up towards the stairs after Matt. Matt quickly turned his attention to them and fought each one as they came. He tossed one over the balcony so he landed right on a glass table while he kicked the other two back down the stairs. The Joker let off his evil howl of laughter and stepped over the now bloody corpse that had hit the glass table and started walking up the stairs repeating himself.

" If you want something done, you always gotta do it yourself. "

He nearly reached the top stair when he noticed Matt kick up his leg, being much smarter than the boy he grabbed his foot in near kick and held it there so he wobbled on one leg. Matt then done something that even The Joker wasn't expecting. Jumping Matt raised his other foot and managed to kick The Joker straight in the face, his right cheek to be exact. Matt managed to get himself back on his feet straight and looked up at the painted face.

Joker: Now now.. If I came home with a bruise I think my old lady would be very upset with you.
Matt: What woman would want a man like you.
Joker: Only one... but let me assure you.. She's the only one I want.. I think you know her though. Madeline ring a bell?

He ask causing Matt's eyes to widen as he charged after The Joker causing both of them to fall down the stairs switching punches as they each hit the steps. Two goons came out of nowhere and pulled Matt off The Joker and held him as The Joker walked over and picked up his steel bar and rammed it across his cheek. Matt didn't move though, he was standing his ground. His trainers had told him not to show his enemy pain or discomfort of any kind. He then pounded the bar against Matt's face only to receive the same look of blankness in his face. He didn't know what was going on and how a man could be that dry to the pain that had to be in his body. He grabbed him by the collar and rammed him up against the wall and brought a blade up to his face.

Joker: What's wrong? Mind off in a better place?
Matt: I'm just waiting for you to actually do something that might hurt.
Joker: Oh, I will.

He said pressed the blade deep in Matt's shoulder causing him to only smile back at the Joker. Even though on the inside Matt was weakening fast he wouldn't show how scared he was, knowing that it was what the clown craved. Managing to raise his unoccupied hand up he punched The Joker hard in the face causing him to stumble backwards a bit. He then picked up a large vase that was in the corner and broke it over his head. Proceeded by kicks to the stomach. The Joker was knocked out for a few seconds from the large vase being crashed over his head, and when he came to himself he felt pain in his stomach. Looking up he saw the anger built inside Matt as he kicked him, he just let out a laughter.

Every time he would try to bring himself back up Matt would kick him even harder to the ground and then proceeded with kicks to the face. Getting fed up with the boy he raised his knife up to him and jabbed him in the knee deeply. Matt fell back in pain as The Joker raised up to his feet and licked his bottom lip tasting blood. Walking over he towered over Matt who now seemed defeated by just a small stab to the knee. Reaching down he pulled the blade out of his knee and held it to his throat.

Once the blade penetrated Matt's knee he was brought back to how weak he once was, reminding him of high school and the injury he had got during school. He knew that hardly anyone knew that was his weakness, but he knew one person that did and wondered about her. Would she really put his life in danger? Or maybe The Joker just hit the knee thinking it would bring him down.. Maybe Maddy didn't reveal it.

Matt: She'll never love you.

He managed to gasp out knowing that he probably wouldn't survive. He knew he had not only failed himself, but his father and also Maddy in an aspect. The Joker smiled and leaned towards Matt's ear. His goons all managed to pick themselves up, and even the ones returned from different parts of the mansion from their searching to watch the last minutes of Matt's life.

Joker: She must love me pretty damn much if her and I are going to bring a child into this world together. Plus, she told me your weakness didn't she? Now you tell me who does she love.

He said as he ran the blade across Matt's mouth causing him to cry out in agony for the first time. Then he placed the blade to the other side and repeated himself. Matt raised his hands up and cupped his now bloody and disfigured face as The Joker ran the blade across his throat causing him to gasp for air before falling over. Watching him take his last and final breathe The Joker raised to his feet, even though he had was sore and hurt himself. He knew he wouldn't show weakness, not in front of his men. He was impressed that Matt was able to do that much damage to him.

Goon: Boss, we took care of a Asian man we found in the guest house. I think he was a trainer.
Joker: Dead?
Goon: Dead.
Joker: Good. Let's go.

He smiled and gave Matt's dead body one last kick as he made an exit for the dead. Each one of the steps he took sent pain shooting through his body. He knew that Matt's constant kicking had done some damage to him but he didn't know what. He'd have to examine it more when he arrived home. He let one of his men drive as he watched out the window. Glad that he had taken down one more person of the mob, probably the most important at this point. He looked up noticing that the van had came to a halt and got out of the van and limped inside.

Maddy looked up from the book she was reading and saw Jack limping in. She also noticed his face was bruising under the make-up and his lip was busted. Dropping the book to the ground she rushed over to his side.

Joker: I'm fine, Princess.

He said trying to sooth her worries. Although it didn't help he could tell by her eyes that she was terrified. He placed his hand on her shoulder and hunched forward and up the stairs. Each and every step up he took causing pain to shoot through his ribs. Maddy followed slowly behind him and then followed them into their room and shut the door, and locked it. He hunched over and took a seat on the bed while she walked inside the bathroom and gathered up some of the first aid supplies she placed them all on the bed.

Maddy: What happened?
Joker: He's dead.
Maddy: Matt?
Joker: Yeah. He hired a trainer. That's how he was so strong towards Jimmy.

Maddy wasn't even phased by him telling her that Matt was dead. She honestly could care less at this point. She was more concerned with him and how he was feeling.

Maddy: You better be glad I know how to fix you up.

She said as she removed his trench coat and then went for his vest and tie placing them in the floor with his jacket. She then unbuttoned the buttons on his shirt and removed it revealing a very bruised stomach. She ran her finger over his ribcage and watched him jump back with pain. She pushed on it a little further and figured that it wasn't broken, probably just bruised really bad.

Maddy: They're not broken, only bruised really bad.
Joker: So you decide to push in on them? Caring, princess.
Maddy: I was checking to see if they was broken, Jack!

She said as she raised a wet cloth up to his face and washed the make-up and blood off his face. She then cleaned up his lip and the few gashes that was on his cheek. She really couldn't believe that Matt had done this. She never thought that he had it in him. Once she was done fixing Jack up she stepped back and looked down on him, then placed a kiss on his forehead.

Joker: Am I all fixed up?
Maddy: Yep.

He stood up and stretched his sore body before looking over into a mirror. He was really surprised by the actual visible damage done by Matt, but then he smiled realizing that before his death he had done more mental damage to him than he had ever dreamed of. His eyes changed hearing that she was pregnant with The Joker's child, he saw how much he was hurt by the news and loved every second of it.

Carol sit at the dinner table with Joe and enjoyed her salad. Even though her husband was dead and she had a huge mansion to herself she just didn't want to leave Joe's side. She was seeing the man she had fell in love with all those years ago. She knew that her leaving him had done something to him, maybe it made him more cautious with his time. After dinner both Carol and Joe walked into the living room and took a seat down on the plush couch and Joe turned on the news and shook his head.

" Another murder has been reported, and it's once again linked to The Joker. Matthew Jefferson's body was found dead in his late father's home today. He received quite a beating. The investigation is still under procedure."

Joe looked at the screen as a picture of Matt's face flashed on the screen. He couldn't believe that he was dead. He hadn't heard from him in awhile, but the last thing he knew was that he wanted revenge on the Joker for Eddie's death. It looked as if The Joker was the one who done all of the revenge though.

Carol: When will that mad man stop? Our poor daughter, I really hope she's safe.
Joe: Madeline's a strong woman, I'm sure she's fine.

Penny woke up in with Bruce's arms wrapped around her. She smiled remembering back to the night that they spent together. She truly did love this man with every piece of her. He had skipped going out as Batman last night so he could stay with her, and she had to admit she loved spending the time with him. Although knowing that if he didn't stop The Joker soon that her time from him would soon be over. She knew that her and Maddy's friendship was now strained, and possibly over due to both of them being with men from two different worlds. Bruce being from the high class wanting to protect world, while The Joker being from a place where all he wants to do is watch the world burn. But she still couldn't help but question if Bruce meant more to her than Maddy.