The Perfect Smile

J A C K N A P I E R

Maddy looked up at the clock and sighed in panic as she released he was over an hour late. She didn't want to think the worse but she couldn't help but to. He told her this morning that he was going for a very dangerous job, and if he hadn't came back at a certain time for her to leave. He gave her the address and even the security code to get into the mansion. Everything was packed up and loaded into the van. She walked into the living room and took a seat on the couch and watched the news hoping that instead of seeing him on the television she would see him walk through the door.

Instead though after 20 minutes of watching the television his face appeared with breaking news beside it along with the headline "JOKER CAUGHT". She felt tears slipping down her face as she raised her hand to cover them, she just couldn't believe he had been caught. She had ask him so many times this morning not to go, but he told her she needed to. Crying she turned off the television and walked out to the van, fumbling with the keys and knowing exactly what she needed to do. She was suppose to have already been on her way, but waited hoping that this didn't happen.

He smiled as they escorted him into the police station. He didn't intend to get caught, but he had a plan just encase it happened. He just hoped Maddy had followed his instructions and was on her way to the mansion. He was inside the cells sitting with his hands dropped between his legs as he heard some of the police officers talking. He knew soon that his plan would need to go into affect. If Gotham only knew that this was the last time they'd ever see the Joker.

With tears still streaming down her face she reached the gate. She got out and managed to walk over to the key pad and pressed in the code that he had gave her earlier.

J A C K N A P I E R

The gates opened as she returned back to the van and climbed inside the driver's seat, and drove up the long drive way. Stepping out she looked up at the house that she would've never thought she'd return to, but now she was going to raise a child inside.. just hopefully not alone she thought as she found the key right where he said it was. She opened the door and walked inside. It was just as she remembered it so many months ago. Everywhere she looked though had a memory of him and the two weeks they had shared there. She walked down the hallway and into his bedroom and flipped on the computer's. She watched the one that had a camera pointing towards the gate, hoping that he would soon come show up. Feeling defeated she walked over and got inside the bed where she cried herself into sleep.

Most of the officers had left, because a shift switch was getting ready to happen and he felt as if it was the perfect opportunity. He stood up and backed himself against a wall as he reached down and pressed in on the second button on his shirt. His mouth dropped not seeing it do nothing. He tossed his head back, not believing that it wasn't working.

BOOM.

Papers we're flying and people were crying in agony as a smile raised on his face. He was glad that part of his cell had been blew out so in the madness he just slipped right out. Officers were running around trying to figure out who or how the explosion happened.

"CHECK THE JOKER"

Jim Gordon yelled throughout the chaos of the building, but once his men arrived at his cell they was stunned to find him gone. He had once again done it. He had planted a bomb on another one of his men, and someone he had set it off while being in jail. Jim Gordon just shook his head as he pulled out his phone and dialed 911 while still trying to keep the rest of his prisoners under control.

Jack walked down the dark alleys, when he finally came to a car parked in front of a house. He rushed over and jumped inside thanking god it was unlocked and hot wired it. He reached over finding a sweat shirt and smeared his make-up off and tossed it to the floor. The last thing he needed was to be pulled over because he had clown make-up on. He smiled pulling out on the road, knowing that he would soon arrive there and see her smiling face.

Getting out he typed the code into the keypad and watched as the gate opened. He got back inside just as the rain started, and drove up the drive way. Smiling when he stepped out seeing the van on the outside of the house. He got out and walked up to the front door and opened it, and tip toed down the hallways since it was already late. He just assumed she would be in bed. He first checked the room he had gave her when they was here; she wasn't there. Making his way two more rooms down he smiled as he walked in and saw her laying there under the sheets. She had make-up run down her face, which signified she had been crying and her eyes were puffy.

He walked over and leaned his hand down and ran it over her cheek. She stirred a bit and then opened her eyes feeling someone touch her face. She looked up and smiled wide as she saw him, tossing the covers off her legs she jumped up and hugged him. He stood there just holding her for the longest time before he pulled away and looked down at her. She was smiling up at him.

Joker: Now, there's that perfect smile that I love.

She just smiled even wider if possible and then reached up and let her lips rest on his. She was happy that he was finally here and she no longer had to worry about being safe. He had spent the week taking care of everyone who had ever threatened her life. The Joker was dead. They were happy, and would soon have another addition to their family. Could life get any better for them?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys. This is the ending of The Perfect Smile, I really hope everyone enjoyed it. I'll be having a new Joker story out really soon (probably tomorrow) so please give it a chance! Thanks to everyone who read and left me comments.