Status: I'm a procrastinator. Please, bear with me. =]

Hate This Part

White Couches

I sighed, pulling my hair into a ponytail.

My arms ached from work and...previous events.

I groaned inwardly as the bell jingled above the door.

Great.More customers. I checked the clock.

11:43

Who in hell would want to come to this breakfast diner now?

I picked up the last of what looked like a good meal from the table I was cleaning, and put the tips in my pocket.

"Girl, you need to go home and rest. You ain't lookin' your best lately." Kyara retorted from behind the counter.

I swiped sweat from my forehead and chuckled.

"You have no idea." I responded to the dark skinned girl. Her wide chocolate eyes examined me. She gave me a disapproving look.

"Go and sit for a few, I'll take care of them boys in the back." I turned my head towards the noisy booth.

Ah. Kids from school. Liam and his football team. His crystal blue eyes flashed my way.

I felt my face go hot. Oh gosh.

It wasn't that I liked him. Actually, I wasn't interested in him at all. It's the fact that he'll think that I'm interested.

Well, that's what he believes with most girls he catches staring at him. Hopefully, he'll be smart and ignore me like most of everyone I know.

"Uhm. Yeah. I'm just going to go get a bottle of water, and I'll come back to the front."

The slender woman nodded. "Go on, girl." She shooed me off to the break room with a pencil.

I laughed shaking my head. I made my way behind the counter, walking into the back room.

The wall were painted Kyara's choice of a pearl blue. It was decorated with a dainty white couch donated by the very generous Mrs. Urie.

I shuddered. Although Mrs. Urie was a lovely woman, her son was a different story.

I grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator and twisted the cap. I plopped down onto the couch and rested my head back.

My head was throbbing, my back was aching. I needed sleep.

At least 6 days of it would suffice.

I sat there. On the white couch. Staring into the mirror on the opposite wall.

It was fascinating, in a totally non-cocky way.

I was staring at me, but I couldn't recognize myself.

My hair was caught into a struggled pony tail. Bags under my pale unhealthy looking skin.
I moved the collar of my shirt away from my neck.

Cuts. Bruises.

My green eyes looked pale and dead. My body fragile and tired.

I shut my eyes.

No more. I couldn't look anymore.

What had become of me?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Amy, dear!"

I woke with a start. The room was blurry and I found myself sprawled across the break room's white couch.

I must of dozed off.

I pulled myself up, groggily, rubbing eyes.

"Amy!" Kyara yelled from the front.

"I'm coming!" I yelled tiredly.

"Just grab your stuff. Your friend is here to pick you up!"

Ooops. Was it 2 o'clock already?

I rushed out of the break room and into the lockers, grabbing my bag.

I scurried off to the front of the diner. It was empty. And cleaned.

Thank God for Kyara.

"Girl, he's waitin' outside, now. You gone go at get some rest. I'll see you, tomorrow, dear." Kyara patted my sore shoulder.

I forced a smile to hide the cringe of pain.

"Thank you so much Kyara." I waved at her, making my way towards the door. "See you tomorrow."

She smiled and waved, moving towards the back room to get her stuff.

I opened the jingling doors of Kyara's Place, shuddering as the cool Vegas air hit my warm skin.

Once in view of Ryan's Oldsmobile, I hurried towards it.

I loved that car. It had history and personality. I never understood why Ryan ever complained about it.

I opened the door t the passenger's side, ready to get in.

To my surprise, there was already someone sitting there.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion and looked into the car.

"Ew. Ryan. Why'd you bring him?" I retorted scornfully, towards the driver.

Ryan gave me an exasperated look. "I have to drive him home, too. Just get in the car."

The dark haired boy stuck his tongue out at me. I smacked him upside the head.

I made my way into the backseat.

A pair of chocolate brown eyes glared at me.

"Ouch! That hurt."

"Shut the hell up."

"Why should I? You're not the boss of me."

"Someone might as well be."

"Well, I'd prefer it not be you."

"Then shut up."

"No."

"I'm tired."

"You're mean."

"Ryan!"

Ryan glared at Brendon. "Leave her alone, man."

"Fine, but drop me off first."

"Nuh-uh! Me first. My house is closer."

"No it's not! Mine is!" Brendon retorted.

"How do you even know? You can barely tie your damn shoes!"

"Shut the hell up, Amy."

"No."

He glared at me from the front seat.

I smirked.

"Bren, I'll drop Amy off first. I promised her."

I grinned. "I win."

I could see Brendon's glare from the side mirror.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's slow. And I'm terrible of introducing characters.

But, please, spare me.

Anyone else watching the World Cup?