Save Me In The Rain

A Place To Call Home

I stared at my rescuer, analyzing his every feature. Black spiky hair, bright green eyes lined only on the lower lid with dark eye liner, tattoos; depicting many things. Where had I seen him? Then it hit me.
“You’re Billie Joe from Green Day aren’t you?” I stated aloud once I was pretty much certain it was him.
“Yeah so you’ve heard of me. Well are you a fan?” he asked smugly. I could practically see his head swelling.
“Eh, not really. I heard a couple of your songs and they were okay, but not really my style.” I answered casually. His face instantly fell. “No offence,” I added.
“None taken. Well I guess that’s okay, it’s just a little different that’s all. Usually it seems like every person I meet is a fan, it gets a little old, you know?” he started the car and began to drive.
“Where are you going?” I asked nervously.
“Home.” He replied not taking his eyes off the flooded streets.
“But I’m here. Whoa! You’re not going to like rape me or something are you?” I backed away slightly in my seat watching Billie Joe’s reaction.
“What?! No, I’m just letting you have a place to stay the night till I can find your parents…wait I look like a pedophile?!” he turned his head to give me a funny look.
“What are you going to do if I say yes?” I smiled mischievously.
“Well Smiley, I guess I’ll have to change my whole look.” He said returning the grin.
“Then no, you don’t.” I laughed.
“Oh good!” I liked his laugh; it wasn't filled with hate or malice...