Save Me In The Rain

Won't You Take Me By The Hand, Take Me Somewhere N

I crawled slowly from the warm, slightly damp sheets and began to collect my things. Shivering I picked up my backpack and grabbled some clean clothes out of it. I only had three changes of clothes so I always had to be careful to maintain them in good-ish condition. I stripped off my t-shirt that had been my older sisters so it was big and worn already. I slipped out of my pants and underwear and changed those to somewhat cleaner ones. Satisfied I collected my dirty clothes and stuffed them into my pack, put on my converses that were in rough shape, and got ready to leave. Looking around the bedroom I found an old receipt for cereal and quickly wrote, Thanks, on it before climbing out the window.
I estimated how high the window was from the ground as I hung from the ledge. About ten feet, I guessed. Taking a breath I let go and fell fast towards the dewy grass.
“And she sticks it!” I laughed holding my arms up like a gymnast. Since I didn’t know exactly where I was I would just have to walk and make my own way till I found a place to eat and crash out, at least for a few days.
***
“Billie!” Adrienne called from upstairs. I rushed up because she had sounded worried. I thought something was wrong with one of my boys.
“What? What is it?” I panted having just sprinted up our stairs.
“Billie, she’s gone.” She answered with wide eyes.
“What do you mean? She couldn’t have left, we would have seen her.” I babbled.
“She climbed out the window.” Adie gestured towards the open window.
“No way! She would’ve killed herself it’s at least a twenty foot drop!” I exclaimed walking over to the window and looking down to examine the ground, searching for signs of Smile or her having hurt herself.
“She must be extremely resilient. Either that or she’s a cat with eight lives left.” Adrienne said with a look of disbelief still plastered on her face.