Sweet Child O'Mine

I Promise

"Where are we going?" I asked brushing a tree branch out of my path. We were walking through the woods that he took me to; he had taken me to get pizza before we came here. It was sunny out but the breeze made me tighten my grip on my sweater. He reached for my hand and I looked at him puzzled.

"So you don't get lost when I lead you through the path," he said reading my mind. I nodded and walked on down a hill that was hard to see. Trees, bushes and branches blocked all sides of viewing and I trusted him. It looked like he knew where he was going and it was a surprise. Why? I couldn't answer that. Just the fact that he wanted to see me was enough to give me headache from all the thinking. He barely knew me and I'm surprised he remembered my name, or am I not giving him that much credit? He took the time to see me, buy me pizza, and bring me to a strange area I have no knowing about. I glanced at him, his eyes wandering about as he ran a hand through his black hair. Yes, I admit he was cute-okay good looking. My eyes snapped to a bridge that we reached, water traveling under it.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

He turned to face me and smiled, showing off his awfully perfect teeth. It made my stomach flip but I couldn't make it noticeable, it was enough that I blushed every time he looked and spoke to me. "We are going to be dare devils."

"Uh, I'm not sure what you mean."

He yanked my arm gently by the wrist and we began walking until we were a little before the middle of the bridge. I could hear the water from beneath me and I looked at him worried. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Are you sure this bridge is well in its foundation? I don't feel like dying," I chuckled lightly.

"To be honest, I really don't know. This has been here since I was a kid," He answered. He climbed onto the railing and began balancing as he walked a small distance.

"You are going to fall!" I whined.

"No, I'm not. I've been doing this for years." He smiled as he jumped off, making me swear that I felt the bridge shake. He looked at me and held his hand out. I looked at him expecting him to say something but he simply held out his hand and looked over at the railing.

"No-no-no-no," I repeated as I shook my head.

"Yes, you are. C'mon." He kept pushing.

I folded my arms and leaned over the railing just to see how far above I was. Turning around to face him, I shook my head again. "No, I can't and won't."

"What if I tell you that I'll hold on to you and won't let anything to happen to you?" He asked as he held out his hand waiting for mine.

I bit my lip and looked him in his eyes. They were bright and electrifying. I turned my head to the side, "Promise?"

He nodded and smiled. "I promise."

I took his hand and he tightened his grip. He helped me up the railing, holding my sides. My bruises ached a bit as he touched them but I didn't let my discomfort show. He didn't have to know and he wouldn't find out. I stood up, wobbly and almost losing my balance. He held his tight grip and his words seemed to soothe and calm me.

"It's okay, I got you and won't let you fall," I nodded in trust. "Now just take small steps and don't go to fast."

"Okay," I answered taking small steps. I slowly got the hang of it and I felt like I could do it on my on. With out telling him, I increased my speed. Before he could tell me to stop, I lost my footing and slipped. I screamed in fear. "Mike!" I was hanging off the side of the bridge holding onto the railing for dear life.

"I got you." He exclaimed as he reached for my inner arm. I felt myself slipping, causing me to panic but he began to reassure me.

"Don't worry," he began to pull me up and when my mid section was passed the railing, he wrapped his arms around my waist and fell on his back with me on top. I looked at him, straight in the eye, and he did the same. Neither of us said a word nor did we move. Breaking the silence, he smiled. "I promised, didn't I?"

I chuckled. "Yes, yes you did."

"Well, that wasn't how I pictured it but it was okay."

I laughed lightly and a comfortable silence fell on us. The gap between our faces seem to decrease but before anything could happen a sharp squeal of Mike's name echoed through the trees. I jumped off him and landed on my feet and so did he. A group of boys and girls our age started to walk towards us. I looked at the girl who seemed to be leading them all. She had soft brown hair and light brown eyes and that's when it hit me.

Is that who I think it is?

Yes...

What should I do?

RUN!!
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is! I know it took forever and i worked hard on it so enjoy! more soon

-K