Pocky Killed My Reputation In The Long Run But I Love It Anyways

Part five

<fifteen minutes later>
I heard a little crash from the living room area, and went out there to check. “Blackie, what ARE you doing up there?” I said, looking at the top of the bookcase. Of course, Tom followed, and he looked up at Blackie too, obviously wondering the same thing as me.

“How did he get up there?” Tom asked.

“Jeez, I dunno... I guess it could have something to do with the TV stand being easy for him to get up on, and then the bookcase is a little more than two feet away.”

“That could do it, then.” Blackie’s up there a lot, whenever the little lamp is on, and so my mom put a pillow up there for him to lay on. It’s still weird to have a cat about seven feet up, looking at you. But that was really off-topic.

Then Tom kissed me.

It was on the cheek though, and I really didn’t know how to react at all, so I just kissed his cheek back. He smiled, and let me tell you- his smile is just so... cute. From there, I knew that night was going to be really strange, and probably awkward for us the next day.

When we got back in my room, he kissed my cheek again. I was wondering the whole time why, and then I thought, “I don’t care. I like the guy.”

“So... pardon my asking, but what-”

He kissed me again- this time on the lips. Completely amazing. I knew for sure my day couldn’t get any better- then I was proved wrong... we started making out. I mean seriously. It was even better than the first time I made out with someone. That was my previous girlfriend Christina, and no offence to her, but he was amazing. He was just... whoa.

“Hypothetically, what would you say if I asked you out?” he said.

“Um, I was kissing you back That, and I asked you out maybe two weeks ago. So, I’d say yeah.”

“Well, nonhypothetically... Is that a word?”

“No, it’s not. But you were saying?”

“Nonhypothetically- I don’t really care if it’s not a word, it gets the point across- what would you say if I asked you out?”

“Needless to say- Um, yeah.”

We made out again, frenching and all. I opened my eyes about halfway through- Yes, I know, I’m not supposed to- and I saw the eyeshadow he was wearing. I’m always going to have that picture in my mind, because it was beautiful. Wonderful. The second best night of my life.

Although I felt a little violated when he did something that reminded me of the dirty dancing scene that “Dirty Dancing” is named for. I made sure to tell him that- both things, the violation (kind of a joke and we both knew it, because this was nice) and the Dirty Dancing scene.

“I’ve never seen Dirty Dancing. Not the original or Havana Nights,” he said.

“You HAVEN’T?! Are you serious? You have got to see it! It’s my favourite movie!”

“Yeah, well, we can watch it on Thursday when I come over,” he replied to my insane reaction. We had a plan for him and Mike and Jess all to come over to my house on Thursday, but only Tom could make it. I smiled.

“Well, I guess we just might have to.” We made out some more, and then just sat on my bed for a while. I sat with my arm around him, and he said,”You’re pretty much the guy in the relationship right now.”

“Well, you’re girlier than me.”

“Good point. I guess, since I’m the one wearing eyeshadow,” he said, indicating his eyes, “I guess I am girlier. However, you’re the one wearing a shirt that looks like a corset .”

“Yeah, there is that. You’re wearing girls’ pants, though, so ha. And I know this is really off topic, but you have really pretty eyes.” And they were- and still are- gorgeous.

“Here, let me see yours.” He looked, and said, “Yours are really pretty too.”

“Everyone says that!”

He kissed me again, saying, “That could be because it’s true.”

We were silent for about a minute.

“Promise you won’t tell Savannah?” he asked.

”Um, okay...” I replied. “I won’t, but why?”

“Because I’m going out with her. I’m going to break up with her tomorrow, though,” he said, looking at my expression. It was a mix between being confused, mad, sad, and guilty. I didn’t know any of this was going on. I had heard rumours, but after years of having rumours spread about me and my friends, I’ve learned not to believe them. Big mistake, apparently. Never again, unless it’s just way too unbelievable... But this was. I had thought Savannah was lesbian!

Then, my mom came in the house at about 9:15. (I still wonder: Where did all the time go...?) Tom ran out my unlocked window (remember- we live partially underground) and mom heard it close. “Why do I hear a cupboard closing?” she asked, apparently because she thought I was in the kitchen. I walked out of my bedroom, and mom got this funny look on her face. It was the one she usually got when she was proven wrong.

I went back into my room, and looked to my right. His shoes were still there, along with his coat and eyeshadow compact. “Now, how am I going to get those back to him?” I wondered.