Baby It's Cold Outside

Baby why don't you stay?

I really can't stay - Baby it's cold outside
I've got to go away - Baby it's cold outside
This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice


The two boys stood at the footstep of Tom’s front door, huddling beneath what little roof stood above them. It had been a wonderful evening, and both had truly enjoyed themselves, but it was getting late, and it was time for Bill to say goodnight.

Tom frowned as Bill turn away, his beautiful long locks of hair spilling out from his knitted cap, dusted with light flakes of snow from the wintery storm. It was bad out and Bill really shouldn’t be leaving, not in this weather, and aside from that, Tom didn’t want him to go.

“Baby, it’s cold outside, why don’t you stay?” Tom said, rushing to catch up with Bill.

Bill smiled, his pink little nose scrunching up, and his white little bunny teeth sticking out adorably. “I can’t stay, you know that,” he said with a giggle.

“But it’s so cold out,” Tom protested. He grabbed hold of Bill’s mitten covered hands and held them tight, “and your hands are like ice.”

Bill’s smile grew and he pulled himself away from Tom’s hold just a bit. “This evening has been so nice, but I really must go.”

“But how will you get home?” Tom asked, looking over his shoulder at the snow-covered road. “There are no cabs to be had out here, and you’ll freeze if you walk home.”

“But if I stay, then my mother will start to worry, and my father will be pacing the floor, both wondering why in the world I haven’t come home yet. So I really think should go now before it’s too late.”

My mother will start to worry - Beautiful, what's your hurry
My father will be pacing the floor - Listen to the fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry - Beautiful, what’s your hurry
well Maybe just a half a drink more - Put some music on while I pour


Tom side stepped Bill and stopped him at the end of the icy sidewalk. “Beautiful what’s your hurry? It’s so nice and warm inside, we already have a fire going. Why don’t you just stay for a little while, ‘til the storm dies down, have another drink.”

Bill put his finger to his lips, “Well that does sound rather nice….” Tom lit up for a moment until Bill spoke again, “Oh but what about the neighbors? If they see, they might think: what’s in that drink?”

The neighbors might think - Baby, it's bad out there
Say, what's in this drink - No cabs to be had out there
I wish I knew how - Your eyes are like starlight now
To break this spell - I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell


“Forget the neighbors,” Tom said, giving Bill a little tug toward the house. “You can put some music on while I pour.”

“I ought to say no,” Bill said, and Tom smirked and pulled him in close, their icy noses touching at the tips. Bill giggled and snuggled into Tom’s warm embrace. “But at least I’m going to say that I tried.”

I ought to say no, no, no, sir - Mind if I move a little closer
At least I'm gonna say that I tried - What's the sense in hurting my pride
I really can't stay - Baby don't hold out
Ahh, but it's cold outside


“Come on now,” Tom smiled, taking Bill by the hand and leading him away to the house, “what sense is there in hurting my pride?”

Stopping dead in his tracks Bill shook his head, “I… I really need to go.”

“But it’s cold out,” Tom pouted. He gave Bill’s hands a squeeze.

It was true, it was very cold out, and the storm was probably the worst they’d ever seen, but that didn’t change the fact that Bill needed to get home. “The answer is no,” Bill said, pulling himself away from Tom. He turned around again and started down the iced over path.

I simply must go - Baby, it's cold outside
The answer is no - Ooh baby, it's cold outside
This welcome has been - I'm lucky that you dropped in
So nice and warm -- Look out the window at that storm


“Please Billa don’t go,” Tom pleaded once more, “it’s dangerous out here. What if you caught the pneumonia and died? Think of my life’s sorrow because of it.”

Bill spun around, a look of surprise gracing his delicate features. “Are you trying to guilt me into staying Thomas Trumper?”

“But it is up to your knees out here,” Tom spoke truthfully. He frowned and toed at the ground a bit. “Worst storm we’ve seen this year….”

My sister will be suspicious - Man, your lips look so delicious
My brother will be there at the door - Waves upon a tropical shore
My maiden aunt's mind is vicious - Gosh your lips are delicious
Well maybe just a cigarette more - Never such a blizzard before


Strolling up to Tom with a little swagger, Bill smiled.

“You know your eyes are like starlight now,” Tom said, “sparkling beautifully under the moon?”

Bill’s cheeks flushed a bright pink, glowing a new hue beneath the chill of the night. “Flattery will get you nowhere,” he said with a tiny giggle, “and besides, if I stay there’s bound to be talk tomorrow – or at least there will be plenty implied.”

“Then let them talk,” Tom said, looping an arm around Bill’s, “and let us go inside and warm ourselves up.”

I've got to go home - Oh, baby, you'll freeze out there
Say, lend me your comb - It's up to your knees out there
You've really been grand - Your eyes are like starlight now
But don't you see - How can you do this thing to me


“I really shouldn’t I mean I-”

“Please? I’ll make it worth your while.”

Bill smiled; he could no longer handle to pitiful look on Tom’s face. “Well,” he said, peering into the front window at the large fireplace that danced lively with flames. “Okay.”

There's bound to be talk tomorrow - Making my life long sorrow
At least there will be plenty implied - If you caught pneumonia and died
I really can't stay - Get over that old out
Ahh, but it's cold outside


They walked inside the cozy little house arm-in-arm, Bill’s head resting lightly on Tom’s shoulder as they passed the threshold. Outside the wintery storm picked up as they threw off their coats and cuddled beneath the large throw that lay on the couch.

When they had warmed themselves up down to the tips of their toes, and when Bill’s nose and cheeks where no longer pink, Tom went off to the kitchen to grab a bottle of wine as promised.

“Told you I would make it worth your while,” Tom said, clinking his glass with Bill’s.

“And so you have.” Bill leaned in and kissed Tom gingerly on the lips, the taste of wine seeping in with it. “You know you’re right,” Bill said, gazing outside at the blizzard as he snuggled closer to Tom’s warmth, “it is cold outside.”

Baby it's cold outside
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little songfic ;)

Oh and anyone know how to do the italics? I can't figure it out. :/