Some People Have It and Other People Don't

Chapter Eight

*Two weeks later*

‘Amy please listen! It’s been two damn weeks and you still refuse to speak to me?’

‘Tahli, fuck off.’

‘Why? Because I hugged your lover-boy?’

‘Shut the hell up Tahli.’

‘Fine! Don’t listen. Guess what Amy? He has a girlfriend!’

‘Bullshit. Who is she? You?’

‘No, don’t be ridiculous. If you’d just listen!’

This was the conversation that unfolded almost two weeks after THAT incident with Bill. Amy had been completely hostile to both me and the rest of Cedar up until now and it was easy to say that the boys had to endure hell when they were out with her, playing shows and meeting fans. I decided that this had gone on long enough.

‘Oh so am I to understand that you still like that guy Michael AND you are messing around with William? Oh, you know what that makes you? A WHORE.’ Amy said barely moving her eyes from the computer screen in front of her.

I stiffened.

‘Who said I liked Michael?’ I asked, trying to keep my voice even.

‘Oh come on, you think I’m blind obviously you do.’ Amy quipped moving her laptop to a side.

‘Whatever. That isn’t even what we are talking about.’ I dismissed her comment.

‘Fine. I’m sick of us not talking. What do you have to say?’ Amy finally relented.

I sat down in front of her, at the table in the kitchen area.

‘Ok well, that day, when you saw us hugging it was actually nothing.’

Amy rolled her eyes.

‘No seriously. William came to tell me that he was concerned that you liked him and that he was already taken and he didn’t want you to be let down by that.’

‘So why did you hug?’

‘Long story short- William wanted me to break it to you about him and his girlfriend because he thought it’d be a lot less awkward that way. I guess he got excited and hugged me.’ I shrugged.

‘Am I really expected to believe that?’

‘Well, yeah.’

‘Ok. Fine. If you want me to believe this you have to tell me- do you like Michael?’

I smiled.

‘Yeah I guess I do.’

‘Well, since we are all being honest and all, I thought I’d let you know- I don’t think you’d be good together.’

My heart sank to the floor.

‘Oh really?’ I asked, confused,.

‘Yeah, I dunno, you don’t seem right to be with him. Plus, a few other people have mentioned it to me too. Please don’t be mad, it’s just in your best interest.’ She said with no hint of apology in her voice.

It sunk in. I was shattered.

‘Oh cool. Well yeah, I mean whatever. I didn’t like him that much anyway.’ I lied trying to stop my eyes from stinging.

‘Well if that’s it I say were friends again, yeah?’ Amy held out her arms.

‘Yeah. Sure.’ I said too crushed to care.

I walked around to the other side of the table and hugged her numbly.

‘Hey what are you doing on the TAI LJ?’ I asked curiously.

I felt Amy tense up in our hug. I let go and turned properly towards the screen.

‘Oh what? Oh yeah, that’s nothing. I was having a look at our LJ Fan club and I thought I’d check out TAI’s as well...’ Amy answered flustered.

‘Oh can I see?’ I asked curious about Amy’s odd behaviour.

She quickly closed the window that had the LJ on it.

‘Um do you mind looking at it later? I have to go now.’ She rushed.

‘Ok...where are you going?’

‘Um, out. I’ll be back soon. Bye.’ She said as she walked out of the tour bus.

‘But it’s like 9.30...’ I let her go. I could have stopped her and asked her to explain her odd behaviour but I had too much on my plate to handle as it was.

Were Chiz and I really not meant to be? I guess he was too good for me in everyone’s eyes. That’s believable. I mean, who am I to him? No one. I guess people realised that.

***

Since the boys were hanging out with TAI, I decided now would be a good chance to speak to both Bill and tell the boys that Amy was back to (relative) normality. I just hoped that Chiz wouldn’t be there.

I walked to the TAI tour bus and found Bill just about to walk in.

‘Hey Bill!’ I called.

He turned around and waved.

‘Guess what?’ I called as we walked towards each other.

‘What?’ He called.

‘Well after two damn weeks, Amy and I have finally sorted ourselves out. I told her about you and your girlfriend and, though she is angry and upset, it’s all good now.’ I recalled to Bill.

‘That’s great!’ His face lighting up, ‘I owe you one, Tahli.’

‘That’s fine, seriously.’

‘No really if you need anything, tell me.’

I thought back to Amy’s comment about me and Chiz.

‘Um Bill, can I ask you something?’

‘Sure. Anything.’

‘Well, um can I trust you to not say anything to this person?’

‘Um, sure Tahli. What is it?’

‘Well I kinda think I like Michael.’ I rushed looking down at my bare feet.

‘I know.’ He smiled.

‘Wha-how?’ I asked confused.

‘I guessed.’ He winked.

‘Damn, is it that obvious?’

‘No, definitely not.’ He shook his head vigorously making his hair fall into his face.

‘Well, do you think we’d be um ok together?’ I asked my face changing colour rapidly.

‘Yeah, you two would be adorable.’

‘Well the thing is, someone told me that we wouldn’t be good together and that apparently other people thought so too.’ I said not wanting to give Amy away.

‘Well I disagree. I think you would work well with Chiz. Just I’m not really sure if he is even in a relationship right now.’ Bill murmured as he face became clouded with thoughts.

‘Thanks Bill’ I smiled still slightly unconvinced.

We both walked onto the TAI bus where I saw Adam in a fierce battle with Josh in some video game with everyone cheering behind them. By the look on Josh’s face, he was losing. Badly.

On the plus side, there was no Chiz in sight.

I decided this was a good time to break the news to the guys.

‘Hey Josh, Logan, Matt.’

‘What?’ Came the reply from all three.

‘I spoke to Amy, just then. All is well again.’ I said usuing a really weird Yoda-like voice.

‘Seriously?’ Asked Josh no taking his eyes from the game, ‘Cause if you’re joking- you’re a bitch.’

‘Nope. Completely serious.’ I laughed.

‘Soo...where is she?’ Asked Matt.

‘I dunno.’ I frowned, ‘She said she was going somewhere? Whatever. She’ll be fine. She has a phone.’

I was in no mood to go seek her out so we all shrugged it off and I joined the boys playing games.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my. I seem to be letting down my (miniscule amonut but largely important) readers!
I am going to update at least twice more in the next week so stay tuned. I know I have a lot of emply promises but you will have to believe, or better yet, don't believe so that when an update comes, it can be a big suprise. :XD

-xx