Status: Back up.

Thank God It's Not Monday!

10

I joined the group in our suite's lounge after using the bathroom.

I sat down next to Frank but kept my eyes on Mari.

"Have you got everything?" she asked me. I lifted up the carrier bag, tipped it upside down and spilled the contents out.

"Ground up aspirin?"

"Check." I picked each item out as she asked for them, stroking them off the small notepad.

"Out-of-date coffee?"

"Check."

"Letter?"

"Check."

"Drinks' bottles?"

"Check." I shooed the empty bottles of vodka we'd had last night at our small picnic by the poolside.

"Okay. Ready then?! Sian asked, brushing back her hair. Personally, I was only friends with these three girls because of Alice, but I didn't mind too much.

"I don't think we should be doing this," Ray said guiltily.

"Raymond Toro-Ortiz, you are officially branded a coward," Alice declared.

"Bitch," he answered back.

"Scaredy-cat," she retorted, complete with an evil, triumphant grin.

"Come on guys!" Brailey burst in. I caught Bob staring at her - not like he liked her that way, just strangely, like he was trying to undress her brain and figure her out.

I tidied everything back into the bag, before going into the bedroom I had to share with Brailey and Marissa. I opened up the drawer under the bed and removed my guitar from it, pushing it shut again, then took the instrument to the livingroom. Unzipped it, took it out, all very robotic, predictable things, and propped it against a couch.

Frank's guitar was out too, that stupid electric thing plugged into the amp, with the word "Pansy" scrawled right across the bridge. The whole idea was to sabotage the Sexpots' suite, their music, their belongings, everything, then come back and play music and whatnot like nothing had happened.

When Alice stood up, everyone just took it as a sign of leadership, and copied the action, then I walked out straight after her, followed by Gerard.

"Brailey and Bob, stand guard out here, 'kay?" she questioned them.

"Play cards or something...but don't argue," I offered, trying to help out.

Gerard opened the door to the Sexpots' suite, allowing Cassie and I to enter first, bag in hand, and closed the door.

I went straight for the cupboards, searching for the salt container. I smirked constantly to myself while I poured the table salt into a small money bag and sealed it, setting it in my pocket. I then proceeded to empty the ground-down aspirin into the container- it wasn't enough to be a danger to anyone, just enough for people to realize there was something up with it. Replacing the lid, I put it back in the cupboard, and joined Alice and Gerard in one of the bedrooms.

"We placed the bottles under the pillows and the beds," Alice told me, "so it'll be clear to the cleaner that they've been up to no good." This day worked out well for us; the cleaner was due this afternoon, the pool hadn't been booked, and Sassi's band had put dibs on a rehearsal.

She chuckled at herself, and I put my hand out in mid-air, resulting in a brief high-five before we continued sabotaging everything. We placed the letter, forged by Sian to match Sassi's handwriting, on her boyfriend, Randy's bed.

We also took the most expensive-looking underwear from Sassi's suitcase, loaded it into the carrier bag. Gerard found sheets of the Sexpots' music and folded them into his pockets.

From there, we went downstairs to the back of the mansion, and outside into the swimming pool area. Alice and I each took handfuls of her underwear, creams and pinks and even slutty reds, satin or silk, lace, threw it all into the light blue water of the pool. Even a corset.

Gerard passed us out their music but stayed inside the building on look-out; just in case.

I pinned the sheets one by one to walls of the building, or the beams supporting the roof, then let three others fly into the water, floating around as they soaked through and smudged the ink, making it entirely unreadable.

I giggled, then grasped Alice's hand and pulled her inside the mansion and back up to our own suite, Gerard following right behind us.

Sian and Marissa played Mikey at cards around the coffee table in the lounge, no doubt winning, while Brailey and Bob discussed with each other their personal drumming techniques, and Frank, Ray and I struck chords on the guitars. I began to play Regina Spektor's Fidelity, singing and making sure I hit the right notes. Alice sang at choruses, because that was all she was completely familiar with in the song, and Frank and Ray improvised notes, bringing a different side to the song, but managed to keep up with me.

"I never loved nobody fully;
Always one foot on the ground;
And by protecting my heart truly;
I got lost in the sounds;
I hear in my mind;
All these voices;
I hear in my mind all these words;
I hear in my mind all this music.

"And it breaks my heart;
And it breaks my heart;
And it breaks my heart;
It breaks my heart.

"And suppose I never met you;
Suppose we never fell in love;
Suppose I never ever let you kiss me so sweet and so soft;
Suppose I never ever saw you;
Suppose we never ever called;
Suppose I kept on singing love songs just to break my own fall;
Just to break my fall;
Just to break my fall;
Break my fall;
Break my fall.

"All my friends say that of course its gonna get better;
Gonna get better;
Better better better better;
Better better better.

"I never loved nobody fully;
Always one foot on the ground;
And by protecting by heart truly;
I got lost;
In the sounds;
I hear in my mind;
All these voices;
I hear in my mind all these words;
I hear in my mind;
All this music;
And it breaks my heart;
It breaks my heart;
Breaks my;
Heart;
Breaks my heart."

There were screams and yelling in the hallway before the door of our suite crashed open and an angry group of people stormed in, shouting at us and going bright red.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment! We'd love it. And the next chapter will be dedicated to those who do.
But as for now, thanks to everyone who has commented:
SHYLAO1;
radio with guts.;
Angelus.;
Tequila Shots;
Janis Ian.;
Mychemance;
Techno Penguin;
HannahTheeSpannah;
Dude!;
Love you all!