Status: Back up.

Thank God It's Not Monday!

6

As soon as I left the rehearsal room I went to the kitchen. I did get a bit lost, my mind going blank as I tried to think of the layout of the building. Kitchen…floor one, I knew that much. Was it near the entrance foyer?

Slowly, things began reappearing to me. So I made my way from the rear of Ebony’s mansion, to the door at the front of the beautiful house. Then, the two corridors leading off to each side fazed me slightly. The right one led to the lounges and the stairs to the mentors’ quarters. So the left must be to the kitchens and dining hall. I walked through the left corridor, with the same décor as the foyer, a Georgian-style furnishing.

I eventually found a gold sign pressed into the smooth black wall, saying, ‘To dining-room and kitchens,’ and followed its directions, and the enticing scent of fruits and soup, amongst other things, entered my system. I smiled to myself and walked on into the large room.

There were seventeen tables; the exact number of bands participating in the contest, and no one at my band’s chosen table. I grabbed a small carton of orange juice out of the juice cabinet and strolled back to the table, taking a seat, and sipped the liquid whilst mulling over my thoughts.

There were a few good singers in our midst, Gerard had a nice voice, unusual, I’d never heard anything like it before, but nice. His friends Frank and…Ray? Yes, that was his name. They could sing to an extent too. Hannah from the Geeksquad was fair at it, and I liked Mari’s voice, but I always had done.

“Hey, Alice right?” a voice asked suddenly, yanking me out of my daydream. I nearly choked on my straw.

“Shit, Hannah, you scared me there,” I said, shaking my head. She giggled at my admission.

“Dude! Ha. Sorry. Anyway, just wanted to see how you were after yesterday? Y’know, with Sassy calling you all those things,” she asked me. So that was The Whore’s name. Fitting much?

“Yeah. I mean, I’ve had worse. No biggie,” I answered. “Well, I was gonna go back to the suite. You wanna come with?” I offered. She accepted, nodding her head, and we walked out of the hall.

When we got to the entrance foyer, we took the staircase two steps at a time, getting up it much faster than normal. Turning the corner, I gasped as I collided withThe Whore Sassy. She glared viciously and shoved me back.

“Look, you sex-obsessed bitch, if you don’t move out of my way now, I’ll stand on you like the dirt you really are.” She waited for me to move but I didn’t budge; no way was I going to let this crazy win. “Go suck face with one of your loser friends!” she screamed in my face.

“Okay! I’ll go ‘suck face’ with the next fuckin’ person who comes round that fuckin’ corner!” I shrieked back at her, pointing sharply in the direction of the end of the corridor. She raised an eyebrow and smirked at me.

“I’ll believe that when I see it,” she laughed disbelievingly. Hannah just rolled her eyes at the whole thing.

“Then see it you shall,” I replied. As soon as I heard footsteps coming, I went to the end of the corridor and, placing my hands on his face, I kissed Gerard. I pressed my lips to his and kissed him. He kissed back, I assumed he’d picked up on why I was doing it; not because I liked him, though God help me I found him attractive, but because ofThe Whore Sassy.

Hannah gasped and Sassy ‘humph’ed before storming off. Neither of us had the restraint to pull away, but eventually managed when we heard more sets of footsteps coming up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, rate, subscribe!
Love<3
Cassie