Oh, But You're An Explosion

Out Of Our Misery.

Tap.

Tap, tap, tap.

Tap, tap, tap.

Click.

Click... click... click...

Click.

Sigh... sigh...

Sigh.


I sighed one more time for dramatic effect. Everyone else was doing it, why not me? There was a chorus of sighs, just waiting, lingering. I could practically hear eyes moving in their sockets, hear the faint beating of stopping hearts, thoughts racing through emptying heads. We were all ready hours ago, but the clocks decided to slow down.

"Christ," Mary hissed from next to me, continuing to tap her pencil on her desk. That was driving me crazy. That tap, tap, tap... tap, tap, tap... I was going to strangle her before the bell wrang.

Sighes echoed through the room again, followed my the loud screeching of the bell and loud shouts. It was as if the clock had decided to put us out of our misery; it was tired of listening to our sighs. We were boring it. I could understand that.

"Holy fuck, we're out of here!" someone shouted, running down the hallway like a maniac. I just rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag from next to me, throwing it over my shoulder and walking out of the room I definately wouldn't miss. I hated this place more than anything in the history of Earth.

My car seemed like it was running away from me. Everytime I got closer to it, it would run further away. My legs started to feel like they were jell-o and I was never going to get out of here. People kept stopping me, calling my name, talking to me. Didn't they understand that I didn't want to talk to them? If I did I would've said something a long time ago.

"H-Hey!" I heard someone shout from behind me. I continued to walk and they continued to yell. I nearly had goosebumps covering me I was so irritated. What was it about this place that got under my skin so bad? Was it the people? The atmosphere? Just everything? That's a possibility.

Let's just say I never found out who that person was.

The second I sat down in my car I turned the music up as loud as I could and backed out of the parking lot, letting my eyes flicker to the plane tickets every now and again. They were so haunting. I had been thinking about them all day. I tried to forget them, tried to think of something less un-nerving, but it seemed like I had a tattoo of them on the back of my eyelids. I was about ready to rip my hair out.

My mom's car was in the driveway, but I didn't see my step-dad's. I nearly fell to my knees and kissed the pavement when I stepped out of my old Chevy and onto the concrete. I wasn't up for dealing with his bullshit on my last two hours here; if I was lucky I'd get to leave without seeing him at all. That was probably pushing my luck, though.

"Mom, I'm home!" I shouted, slamming the front door. I could smell banana nut bread all the way from my car; I knew that's what she was making. It almost made my knees weak to think about it.

"Anna? Anna, I'm in here! Come on, hurry!" She didn't have to tell me twice. I was already on my way there and I definately wasn't about to pass up the best thing in the history of edible objects. It smelled like heaven.

My stomach started churning as I hopped up on the counter. Paul wasn't here; I could sit wherever the fuck I wanted to. That made me mentally smile to myself. He was so annoying.

"Yumm!" I hummed as I snatched the plate from my mom, shoveling it into my mouth. She just stood there and watched me, her hands on her hips and her head shaking back and forth. All she could do was laugh at me; she'd learned that after many years of telling me to slow down while I ate the infamous food, but it never got through my thick skull, I guess. What can I say? I'm like my father. Speaking of my dad... "Have you talked to dad, mom?"

She sighed and wrapped the towel she was cleaning her hands with around the oven handle. "Yeah. He called about an hour ago. He said that you're going to need a taxi because he has to go to work. Something 'popped up'." She nearly snorted at the age-old excuse. "Here's the address. I wrote it down for you. And... here's fifty bucks for the cab." She handed me a fifty and a piece of paper. I shoved them both in my pocket.

"Phanks mham." I spat, trying to not spit food at her. It didn't exactly work.

She swatted at me, laughing. "Anna, go get your stuff before Paul gets home! It's time to go."

I smile a big smiled and hopped off the counter, taking the steps two at a time until I got to my room. Everything was pretty much the same except for all the stuff I was taking with me was missing. I was suddenly feeling very agitated.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been playing Frogger non-stop since 8:00 last night. It's a killer. Who would've thought a PlayStation game would be so complicated?

Anyways, I originally didn't want to post this story until I finished the entire thing, but then I decided that doing shit that way isn't my style and I'd much rather post it now and save myself the wasted time of writing it all and then not liking this. Now I have a second opinion, which, I guess, is always a plus.

I'm trying to make this a good Oli Sykes story (even though I don't like him all that much) because those are pretty rare, so I hope you enjoy. (:

Oh, and I'm a big fan of comments.
Yeah. That was a hint.