Oh, But You're An Explosion

The World Wouldn't Have Light Without It.

"Alright. Well, this is one of our older songs. You should all know it. If you don't; get the fuck outta' here!" Oli screamed in his thick accent as the music began to play. He started singing:

"And I've been dragging the lake for dead kids,
While you were sleeping,
Crossing away the calendar,
Rotting away, into the ground,

Where you belong.
Where you belong,
Where you belong,
Where you belong,

Die..."


Truthfully, I couldn't understand a damn thing he was saying, but this over-excited kid next to me was screaming the words and that's the only way I would've ever guessed what those sounds coming out of his mouth were. I was completely clueless when it came to music like this and how people understood it.

I wasn't complaining. I didn't mind it... I was just more of a classic rock, punk rock, acid trip rock kind of person. I'm over here listening to The Doors and Erin's over here listening to Bring Me The Horizon and Iwrestledabearonce. And I thought we had no differences. Yeah. Right...

"Erin, Adam, Connor, Taylor and Anna, come on up!" Oli screamed into the mic.

I nearly shit my pants right there. "W-Wha...?"

"Oh, come on, Anna. I see you. Shut up and come on." Oli laughed into the mic, smiling right at me. My brain reduced to fuzz and I somehow magically weaved my way through the crowd and got lifted onto the stage my a few grab-assers. He smiled at them and gave him a thumbs-up. I wanted to hire Chuck Norris to come round-house kick him, but then I remembered that I praised his smile and the world wouldn't have light without it, so that would be an issue...

"What are you doing?" I hissed, narrowing my eyes at him.

He simply shrugged. "I thought I'd just had some fun with you, that's all, love." Then he turned to the mic. "Everybody! I want you to meet my girlfriend, Anna!" He smiled wryly at me. "Say hi to everyone, Anna..."

I gulped and looked out at he crowd. The girls looked like they wanted to rip my head off and Taylor was standing there, trying to make her way to the stage, her mouth hanging open. "Hi?"

"I'm sure they are, Anna. Stop asking them questions and say hello." he whispered in my ear, making me laugh. Yeah, that was actually slightly funny. One fucking point for Oli; way to go.

I cleared my throat. "Hi. Oh, and I'm not his girlfriend." I gave a small wave and tried to disappear behind him.

Some of those girls looked like they wanted to eat me.

[--]

"You're dating Oli?" Taylor asked as we walked out of the venue. "I thought you'd never met them."

I shoved my hands in my hoodie pocket, suddenly extremely annoyed with my little sister. "No." I mumbled through clenched teeth. "He was just being an asshole. We're not dating."

"Oh. Well, I think he likes you. He was asking me about you earlier." she said innocently.

"What did he ask?" I wanted to send her head through a wall.

"Just if you have a boyfriend, what kind of music you listen to, if you're a goody-goody; stuff like that." she said, hopping into the car. After that we sat in silence, waiting for Adam and Erin to get back with Connor from the merch booth they had set up by the door.

[--]

By the time they walked out I was leaning against the car, smoking a cigarette that I had pocketed from Oli. He didn't seem to care and I needed one like my life depended on it.

"Hey. When did you start smoking?" Erin asked, walking up. Connor quickly jumped in the backseat with Taylor and slammed the door behind him. Adam was nowhere to be seen.

I took another puff. "When Oli stole me and offered me one earlier, I guess."

"Oh." she said, smiling. "So... do you like him?"

I nearly pissed myself laughing. "Erin, he's a complete jerkoff! He's egotistical, he thinks he can get whatever he wants at the drop of a hat, and he's just so fucking cocky. I don't think so."

"Oh, come on, love. I hope you're not talking about me." Oli voice wrang through my ears.

My head quickly snapped up from my shoes to see Oli and Adam walking out of the venue, smiling. "Of course not." I mumbled through my teeth. "I'd never talk about my amazing boyfriend like that." I sneered. At that Erin and Adam hopped in the car. I rolled my eyes. "I can't believe you did that!" I yelled, poking him in the chest with my finger. "I don't even fucking know you... or like you... and your little fangirls are already out to kill me! Way to fucking go!"

He laughed. "I thought you'd like being my girlfriend, love. We seem to get along so well."

"Yeah. Whatever." I mumbled, stepping on my cigarette and walking to the back door of the car, swinging the door open. I was hoping that it would hit him, but he had already left. I could still see that cocky smirk on his face, though. It haunted me the entire ride home.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song was Re: They Have No Reflections. I love that song.

Sorry it took me so long to update. I've been at my grandparent's house for a while and I can't update there because all of my shit's here at home... and I was a little busy catching up with this really, really cute kid I grew up with. Wink, Wink.
Hah.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it!
I'll try and update again tonight. (: