Oh, But You're An Explosion

Breakfast With Oli and the Stink Eye.

I'd only been asleep for fourty-seven minutes when my phone started vibrating against my pillow. I tried to just ignore it and roll over, but as it continued to vibrate it followed me down my pillow until my head hit the hard wood floor of Adam's living room.

Finally I groaned and grabbed it, not even checking the number. "What?"

"Oh, love, you can't be asleep still. It's already five thirty!" Oli yelled from wherever he was.

I scoffed into the floor. "I haven't been asleep that long, thanks, and... wait. How the fuck did you get my number?" I was suddenly more awake than I was before.

"Adam."

"I am so going to kill him." I cursed, sitting up and rubbing my head. I had a massive headache. I just wanted to go back to bed, but I had a feeling that Oli would call me and wake me up again, so that was definately out of the question.

"I think you should come out and eat breakfast with me." he said smoothly.

I laughed. "Yeah. Right. I'm going back to bed, Oli. G'night." I hung up quickly and threw my phone across the room. I heard it hit the wall dangerously close to the window and bounce off, but I didn't care. I just fell back into my pillow and closed my eyes peacefully.

Then a car horn sent me out of my amazing sleep and I jumped up off the floor, trying to be quiet and not wake anybody. The car horn kept going. I cursed and made my way over to the window, dodging everyone scattered on the floor. I quickly pulled the curtains aside, ready to yell at some ignorant neighbor that didn't understand that people sleep at this hour, but found Oli smiling, leaning against his old black muscle car. I squinted at him as my phone started vibrating at my feet, thumping against my ankle. I groaned and picked it up, flipping it open.

Come on. I'm not leaving.

[--]

"You seriously like your pancakes, don't you?" Oli asked, laughing as I scarfed down my second pancake.

"Mph." I commented, trying to agree. I do, in fact, like my pancakes.

"Why is that waitress looking at you funny?" I looked over, trying to decided which one he was talking about distinctly. They were all looking at me funny, really, but I guess you could say she was pretty much giving me the stink eye. She was the one that served us when I was known as the "Notorious Clutzerella" and I wanted my pancakes so dearly.

I tried to hide my laughter. "No idea. Maybe she thinks you're cute and that I'm your girlfriend." I felt uneasy. "These pancakes are probably poisoned..."

He laughed. "I doubt that's the reason. You sure you don't know her?"

I smiled. "Yep. Pretty positive." Oh, I'm such a bad liar.

[--]

He walked me up the driveway when we got back to Adam's house. The sun had come up and the city was awake. I was awake, which was complete bullshit. I wanted to sleep. Damnit.

"So you don't think I'm too horrible, do you? I mean, I did just buy you breakfast for no apparent reason." he said, smiling that smile.

I held myself back. "For no apparent reason. There's something there. I'm not that dense."

"Sure." he laughed. "I'll see you later, then."

And he walked away, leaving me standing at the doorstep. I gawked slightly as his figured disappeared into his car and when his car turned around the corner I took a deep breath and stepped inside, hoping that everyone was alseep. I tip-toed over to my blanket and pillow, thanking God that everyone was, in fact, asleep.

But as I layed down quietly and put my head on my pillow Erin's eyes popped open and she smiled. "I saw that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. I'm in need of a character for future use and I've had this amazing idea of a banner contest. Aren't I just amazing? I just am. Haha.

CONTEST INFORMATION!
I need a character to be Adam's sister, who comes into the picture eventually. I thought it'd be cool to have one of my amazing commenters/readers to be that person... and I thought it would be a cool way to interact with you guys (I don't know; I'm always thinking of this shit). So, pretty much, whoever makes the most amazing banner (if there's a picture of Anna you can use either the picture I have posted in the summary or your own idea of her) and messages to me gets to be said character!
That doesn't sound very hard, does it?

DEADLINE: 01/04/08 @ 3:00 PM.

That's only one day, so make sure to send me something if you want to try out for the part.

And thank you guys for all of the comments. I really, really appreciate it. The feedback is amazing and I really couldn't ask for any better readers. You're all amazing!