Oh, But You're An Explosion

Haha, I Said Anal.

When we got home that night I was praying that Oli wouldn't try to contact me, but he managed to make my disbelief in God even more reasonable when my phone started vibrating. I groaned and tried to ignore it, but it received another message and vibrated over to my leg, so I popped it open.

Hey, love.

I rolled my eyes and bit my lip. I'm not your love. My fingers felt so tingly saying that; bad-mouthing someone who seemed to only make girls swoon and daze into his bed. I felt like a woman, but I knew this game could only last so long before something happened... that's just how things work out.

It vibrated. I think you might need some sleep, love.

I rolled my eyes and typed away; You really need to get a life and continue your tour.

Maybe he was going to leave soon. He couldn't be in Portland forever, now could he? I don't think so. He's from over seas, anyways. He's way far, faaar from home. And his band needs him back there... and for the band. Once again, I don't think they could find someone that screams like that. There's just no way.

We've got a week break before our next gig, love. I'm here ALL WEEK. Get used to it. I want to see you some time tonight. You up for sneaking out again? I read it over and over again; I was hoping I was just imagining that was some sick joke by my subconcious to make me pass out and finally get a good night sleep.

Then I sighed, thanking my sister for being in the ninth grade. Can't. I have to be awake early tomorrow because I'm driving my sister to school tomorrow, then I have to go to work. Looks like you're on your own, Sykes.

I need to make a shirt that says: I LOVE TAYLOR... because, let's face it, without her I'd probably be back in California right now, driving around in my busted up car and wasting very expensive gas money to avoid any confrontation with my very anal step-dad.

Haha, I said anal.

Oh, shut up. You can't spend ten minutes with me on your front lawn? ...Or somewhere else, perhaps? Come on, I have an AMAZING idea! You're only 18 once, Anna. Let's go, let's go! I read it, taking a deep breath and typing something back. I was so going to regret this later.

[--]

"So, where are you from, anyways?" I asked, looking at Oli from the side.

He smiled. "Sheffield. Doubt you know where it is."

I laughed. "Nope!" Then I took a breath and thought, "Wait! Are the Arctic Monkeys from there?" I remembered randomly reading that from somewhere; ironic, I know.

"Yeah. They are... but that's a whole different type of music than our's, isn't it? I've never listened to them, actually. Live right down the street from them, but don't know them." he sighed out, looking back up at the stars from the hood of his beat-up muscle car.

I smiled. "You need to be more versatile, you know."

I could see him arch his eyebrow out of the corner of my eye. "Do I?"

"You do." I laughed, "Just because they don't have a vagina and boobs doesn't mean they're not interesting people. I mean... you know... you had to meet your bandmates somehow. I doubt you thought their bodies were nice. You need to be more like that instead of trying to concur the world one skank at a time."

He laughed. "Did you just call yourself a skank?"

I shook my head. "Nope. I haven't slept with you yet, kid."

"Yet?" he asked, leaning onto his elbow and raising his eyebrows at me. "Does that mean that there's...?"

"A chance?" I finished. He nodded his head, making me laugh. "No. Are you kidding me? You're totally not my type."

He smiled. "You need to be more versatile, Anna. Take your own advice; give me a chance."

"That's totally not the same thing!" I laughed, sitting up on the hood. "I was telling you to expand your horizons; to talk to some guys and not just girls... to be less hormonal all of the time."

Oli sat up next to me and threw his arm around my shoulders. "You know, I think you should broaden your horizons to you being under my sheets."

I took in a deep breath. "Okay, Oli. I think you should take me home." I looked at him, a small smile on my lips; he knew I was serious. So, instead of countering with something completely idiotic, he just hopped off his hood and climbed in his car. I sighed and followed.

[--]

"Is that a prostitute?" I asked, baffled. I had never seen one of those before.

Oli laughed. "Yeah. I'm pretty sure it is."

"Holy shit! She's coming this way; go, go!" I shouted, smacking Oli in the arm, but when I looked up I noticed that the light was still red and I groaned. Were we currently at the longest red light on Earth? Perfect. I hate my life.

She had an odd swagger to her; it was probably the six-inch heels that were causing blisters on every inch of her foot... or maybe it was the dress that was so tight it didn't allow her to spread her legs enough to take a normal step. Her smiled broadened when she saw Oli and I swear her eyes lit on fire.

"Hey baby! You want some of this?" she asked, leaning into his window, flashing her cleavage to the both of us.

He laughed. "Eh, sorry. I'm kind of with my girlfriend..." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously and looked at me out of the corner of his eye. This is, honestly, the first time I was happy to hear Oli call me his girlfriend. No way in hell was I about to reject with a hooker half-hanging in the car and half-holding herself up. She looked completely trashed. Maybe it was the thick, smeared-on lipstick that made my brain think that.

"Oh. Okay. Well, another time, then?" she asked hopefully.

He smiled. "Yeah. What's your name?"

She smiled and gave him a wink. "Caity."

"Okay, Caity. I'll see you another time." he spoke, revving the engine and taking off as the light finally turned green.

I groaned and smeared my face against the window. "My God I hate this place..."
♠ ♠ ♠
"Caity" the prostitute is Caitlin; oh.shesVicious
She's one of the few winners for my banner contest and she'll actually be popping up a lot in here.
The other two girls are still being worked into the story, so wait around and they'll be here shortly.
Sorry it's taken me so long to update today; I had a really, really busy day and A LOT OF HOMEWORK. Bitches.

I hope you all had a nice day.
Tell me about your nice days. (: