Oh, But You're An Explosion

Make a Prostitute Blush.

"No, mom. Nothing happened. We just-"

"Did he kiss you?" my mom interjected excitedly.

I groaned, trying to get my shirt on over my head and talk to her at the same time. "Yeah, but it wasn't anything special or whatever. I don't see- ouch!" I shouted, falling over on my butt.

"What? What did you just say?" my mom shouted.

"He kissed me." I whispered as I layed on the floor. I shook my head, reaching for a shoe, slipping it on quickly and then the other. I pulled my hair back into a quick ponytail and set off down the stairs. "Mom, listen, I gotta' go. I'm going to be late to work and Erin's going to kill me." I rushed out, trying to pour myself a cup of coffee.

She sighed. "Alright, but I want to hear more about this Oliver boy."

I laughed. "Yeah, okay, mom. Bye. Love you."

"Love you too." she said, quickly hanging up.

I shoved my phone in my bag and ran through the front door, climbing into my shitty old pick-up truck and sitting there, trying to catch myself. I started the car and looked in the rear-view mirror, quickly glancing at where Oli's car was parked last night... and the spot he kissed me in.

My stomach fluttered as I slammed my foot on the gas and I groaned. I'm such a girl.

[--]

"Sorry I'm late!" I yelled, running through the front door.

"It's okay, babe." Oli replied from behind the desk, causing me to stop in my tracks. I looked at him quickly, grunting choice words to myself under my breath. "What?" he teased, "Not happy to see me?"

I put my coffee on the counter, tightened my ponytail, and sighed all at the same time. "No, not really, Oli. I could've actually gone a day without you."

His grin faltered. "Someone's crabby in the morning."

"No shit." I mumbled, disappearing into the back room. I reappeared with a crate in my hands, glaring at Oli, "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be... waking up next to some random hooker or something?"

He laughed. "That was actually yesterday, love. Today I'm filling in for Erin because... well, because she had some issues she needed to deal with."

I rose an eyebrow. "Oh."

"So, how do you work this thing?" Oli asked dumbly, tapping at the cash register with his middle finger. "I had somebody in here earlier and they wanted to buy a CD, but I couldn't get the damned thing to open." he cursed, staring at it through the slits he made with his eyelids. "Demon register."

I laughed, dropping the crate on the floor next to the 'F's. "Erin asked you to fill in and you don't even know how to use a cash register? Oh, I swear she's an idiot sometimes."

"No kididng," he laughed, "I've known that for the longest time." He hopped up on the counter, kicking the 'Demon Register' and smiling at me. "She said she wanted us to get along, so she was sticking us in the same room together."

I straightened up, a serious look on my face. "I think I'm sick. Looks like I need to go home. Darn."

"Ha-ha. You're not getting out of this, miss. You're stuck with me all... damn... day." he said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes and turned to the door. The mail-woman was standing there, sorting through her mail. I tried to stifle a laugh, but it slipped.

"Hey. Here's your mai-" she started towards me, but noticed Oli sitting on the counter and blushed. "Here. I'll... Uh... Yeah..." She handed me the mail and quickly backed out of the room, nearly knocking her head off against the door.

That door has a thing against humans, I swear.

I turned to Oli, laughing. "So I'm guessing you didn't wake up next to some random hooker this morning because she wasn't a random hooker, huh?"

"Precisely," he laughed, kicking his legs back and forth joyously.

I rose an eyebrow. "Why are you so happy?"

"Because," he started, "It's not every day you make a prostitute blush."

I laughed inwardly; he had a point there.

[--]

For lunch we closed the store down and ventured off towards a bright yellow building with a green roof. It looked pretty inviting and Mexican food sounded greater than anything at the moment.

"Are you and your brother close?" I asked as we sat down with our food.

He smirked. "Closer than close. We're nearly inseperable until I go on tour."

"You're not twins, are you?" I groaned out, dredding the idea of Oli Sykes having a twin brother - especially if they acted the same way.

He just laughed. "No. He's my younger brother, actually."

"Oh. Okay. I just didn't want to have to deal with another one of you." I laughed, taking a bite out of my taco.

And, yeah, you heard me right. His brother, Tom, is coming her when they come back off of tour, which is two weeks after they leave to finish their tour. Two weeks without him and then I get another one of him... that doesn't seem exactly fair.

"Do you have any siblings? Other than Taylor?" he asked, which surprised me. I didn't think he even remembered Taylor.

I swallowed my bite. "Yeah. I have two step-siblings from my dad, one from my mom, and a half-sibling from my mom. I don't really talk to any of them."

"Oh. That's a big family." he commented awkwardly, taking a bite out of his burrito.

I just shrugged. For once I didn't know what to say back to him.

[--]

"Hey, do you think you might... want to go out on a date tonight?" Oli asked as we locked up the front door to the record store.

I have to say, I was caught off guard.

"I, uh... I don't know." I hesitated, biting at my lip. What do I say?, I thought. Shit, shit, shit, Anna! Think, think!

Nothing. I had nothing.

"C'mon, Anna. It's just dinner. I won't try anything, I swear." he said earnestly, stopping me in the middle of the sidewalk. People muttered things about his as they walked by, but he didn't care. He was busy trying to convince me.

I took a deep breath. "Alright. I'll go."

"Woo!" Oli shouted, jumping onto my back and demanding me I give him a piggyback ride. I just dropped him, stuck my tongue out at him, and walked to my car. He only laughed and got off the ground, dusting off his butt. "You'll regret that, Anna. Oh, you will."

I laughed. "I'm sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
Prostitute/Mail-girl is, once again, oh.shesVicious

(: