Oh, But You're An Explosion

"Dance With Me!"

I sat outside with a cigarette in my hand, Oli at my side.

We hadn't said a word since we had walked out into the chilly air; I just stole a cig from his pocket and he just leaned against the porch banister, clasping his hands together and sighing. I took that as a 'I don't want to interact' signal and decided that this was my one time for silence.

But my one time for silence was interrupted as Erin slid open the glass door and closed it behind her, rubbing her hands together and shivering.

"It's fuckin' cold out here!" she announced as if we didn't know, walking over to my side and snatching my cigarette from between my fingers, taking a puff and placing it back. "What are you two doing out here?" she asked, smoking flowing from her mouth as she spoke.

I shrugged. "It's crowded in there."

"Like that's stopped you before," she laughed, leaning against the banister, "come inside with me!"

Oli and I both shook our heads. "Maybe later," I sighed out.

She looked between the two of us and shrugged, pushing herself up and walking inside. "Adam, get me a bee-" she started, but was muffled by the door closing.

I laughed and stubbed out my cigarette, sliding down on the railings and taking a seat at Oli's feet. He quickly followed, pulling his hoodie over his mess of hair and sighing. I yawned, rubbing my hands together, but before I could place them back in my hoodie pocket Oli's crept over and them in his own.

"I'm sorry, you know," he said quietly.

I nearly laughed. "No you're not. You just want in my pants. I understand that. You're just one of those guys," I said as if it didn't irk me a little, but it did. Oh, it did.

"That's not it!" he yelled, throwing his arm in the air, yanking mine along with it. "I actually do like you; I just don't know what to do to get you to like me! I've hinted from day one that I have a thing for you and you've all but shoved my face in dog shit."

"Maybe you're doing it wrong, then?" I suggested as if it was obvious.

He shook his head, laying our hands in my lap. "Then what do I do?"

"You stop trying so hard. You just let things happen - don't try and impress me with your music and your band and you're ability to get any girl that you want into your bed. I don't care for any of that shit. Just let what happens happen, and if nothing happens, then we're both out of luck, now aren't we?"

I turned my head to smile at him and found him smiling at me. It was a cute smile, his face nearly covered by his hood, but the way his hair was falling in his face and that smile was so irrisistable I could feel myself being pulled in. It was like gravity was tired of my nonexistent love life.

The second his lips touched mine his smile spread to my lips, making my entire body nearly jolt with energy and exitement. His lips moved against mine sensually - slowly. It was a slow, passionate kiss, full of meaning and sweet contentment.

When his lips tore from mine I followed, making him laugh.

"I've wanted to do that since I met you," he whispered, giving me another peck on the cheek.

I giggled, "Promise me something, Oli."

"Anything," he whispered, a serious look taking over his face.

"Promise that you won't use me or treat me like another one of your tally marks," I whispered back, my lips quivering in the nice, warm heat of his breath.

He smiled again, "Promise," and presented me with his pinky.

I connected mine with his and smiled, giving him a kiss. This was something we both wanted.

[--]

We disappeared into the crowd of people ten minutes later, having finished a nice little make-out session and deciding to liven up the party. We were ready for a hell of a night, our hands laced together, both of us already holding a beer.

"Dance with me!" Oli ordered, a smile on his face.

I shook my head. "Not yet! I need some more beer before I get my rythm," I laughed, shaking my body stupidly. I had absolutely no rythm when I was sober, sadly. It's the whole hippie-lover thing I have going on; the music my mom listened to didn't have rythm.

"Anna," he whined, jutting out his upper lip and giving me sad eyes.

I started shaking my head, but was interrupted mid shake, my eyes going wide and an ecstatic smile spreading across my face. My arm isntantly shot out and grabbed Oli, "Dance with me!" I dragged him out onto the dance floor, Taper Jean Girl by Kings of Leon blasting through the speakers.

Others were dancing because they were so wasted they'd dance to anything; I was dancing because I absolutely love this song.

"What the hell is this?" Oli laughed, wrapping his arms around me and giving me a long, hard kiss.

"Shut up and dance with me!" I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck.

I was already starting to get gone when somebody passed me a blunt towards the end of the song. I quickly took a large puff, then exhaled, a smile spread across my lips, "Ahh. That's good."

Oli took a puff, then passed it to the next couple dancing, a glazed look in his eyes. He smiled, kissing me, then wrapping his arms tightly around my hips, pulling me tightly to him and grinding up against me. My head lulled back and I laughed.

When I looked back at him I had to bite my lip. He had that look in his eyes. The one I knew so well. And, surprisingly, I did, too.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was listening to Taper Jean Girl when I was writing this and I was like OHHH MYYY GOOOODDDD! PERFECT!
So here it is.
They're finally together.
Bet you didn't think that was going to happen.
[=

There's going to be a baby. Caitlin's convinced me.
Erin and Adam are going to have a baby. Tah-daaah!

<3