Oh, But You're An Explosion

Everybody Had Matching Towels.

I sat at work, bored out of my mind. It was an extremely boring day in the record store - and all through downtown Portland. It was the city equivalent to a ghost town. It was intense.

Erin was sitting on the floor, sorting through papers, when she asked: "So... did you and Oli do it?"

I felt like I was twelve again, whispering with all of my girl friends about how some naughty eighth grader actually had sex and how we'd wait until we were married... blah, blah, blah. It was an extreme flashback of something that changed the second we hit seventh grade and started getting to know the cute eighth graders that wanted to get into our pants. That, most definitely, changed everything.

"No," I laughed, flipping through papers, "We didn't do it."

"Oh."

She almost sounded depressed as she muttered the "oh" - like she wanted us to have sex.
I was starting to think that there had been a plan all along or something. Something I wasn't exactly figuring out, but that's just my sensitive imagination cooking up anything it can think of.

"What?" I laughed, finally closing the folder of invoices and throwing them into the filing cabinet. I had been sorting them all day, trying to get them into alphabetical order, and had just finished.

The clock read 3:37 PM and I was already counting down the twenty-three minutes until I got to go home and get some sleep before someone bothered me like they always seemed to be doing these days.

"Nothing, nothing. I was just wondering," she said politely. Almost too politely.

I was starting to get suspicious.

"What? What aren't you telling me? I wanna' know!" I whined, stomping my feet tiredly.

She laughed. "I was just hoping that you two had worked everything out and shagged to make the decision final," she said, smirking.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. "You've been hanging out with Trisha and Craig too much, love. 'Shag'? Really?"
I laughed, standing up, "and nothing's final. I might chance my mind - he might change his mind. I thought you figured out that between the two of us nothing was ever going to be extremely normal... especially since he's going on tour in four days."
Sighing, I looked around, running a hand through my hair. "Damn, what was I going to say...?"

"Uh, I don't know..." Erin muttered, shrugging. "You love me?"

I laughed, smacking my forehead dumbly. "Oh, yeah! Do you mind if I go home and get a few hours of sleep before someone decides to call me and tell me that they need me for some stupid reason that I don't really care about? Because that seems to be happening a lot lately and I'm tired as fuck."

I said it as blunt as possible.

She just laughed, shuffling through the stacks of papers. "Yeah. Sure. I'll see you later, 'key?"

"Okay. Bye!" I yelled, grabbing my bag and running out the door.
She can clock me out when she leaves.

[-Oli-]

I decided that I was done waiting.

10:30 is late enough. She can't be sleeping or anything, I thought, trying to assure myself as the phone rang.

I didn't want to wake her up and give her a reason to hate me like I had done so, so many times before. I was a different person now - we were together now. And everybody knows that the girl wears the pants in the relationship... I wouldn't get any if I pissed her off.

"Hello?" she mumbled tiredly into the phone.

I smacked my forehead. "Were you sleeping?"

"Yeah," she mumbled into her pillow, "I was."

"I- I can go, you know... I can call you back later..." I stuttered out, not really sure what to say. I thought calling this late would be safe, considering Erin said that she went home to nap seven hours ago.

"Mhm," she mumbled, "I'll call you when I wake up. Bye."

I waited until I heard the dial tone before I pressed the 'end' button and set my phone down on the night stand by the bed I was in. I couldn't really think straight; my mind was off in odd places.

I have to admit: that scared me.
I had never been like that before. I was always so together and emotionally in check. I hadn't freaked about a girl before. That just wasn't me.

I was becoming a girl. Shit.

[--]

We were at the beach
Everybody had matching towels
Something went under a rock-


I rolled over, trying to shut up the annoying noise, but slapping my phone didn't do anything.

-It's wasn't a rock
It was a rock lobster
Rock lobster!
Rock lobster!
Rock lob-


"What?" I groaned, hanging off the side of my bed.

"Hey. I decided to call you and tell you that I need you for some stupid reason that you don't really care about," Erin laughed into the phone, obviously enjoying herself.

I groaned. "What time is it?"

"Eleven thirty-seven," she said happily.

"I hate you," I grumbled, rolling back into my bed, "and I want to go back to sleep."

"No. You cannot do any of this sleeping stuff you speak of!" she yelled, banging her hand on... something. "I demand you come to a movie with us!"

"I can't," I lied dumbly, "I broke my foot on the way home from work an-"

"And your crutches can be a bitch when you walk down the rows? Well, too bad. You're coming with us," she laughed.

I sneered. "You're evil."

"I'm a genius."

"Yeah. Okay." I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"You have four minutes to be outside," she said quickly.

I rolled my eyes. "Why not five?"

"Three minutes and fifty-six... fifty-five... fifty-fou-"

"Okay, okay! I'm coming!" I yelled, slamming my phone down onto my mattress and hopping up out of my bed, scurrying around my room for clothes. I couldn't find anything and it seemed like somebody had just taken my closet and emptied it out, but then I remembered that half of my clothes were at Adam's and sighed, deciding on some skinny jeans and a random band hoodie.

I sighed, walking out of the front door and under a street light, finally looking down at what I was wearing.

A Bring Me The Horizon hoodie from the show. Great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song's Rock Lobster by The B52s.
Quite an amazing song to have as your ring tone.

...especially when your phone goes off in class and you're on lsd.
coughDIEGOcough. :D