Oh, But You're An Explosion

Promises.

I didn’t want to cry. I wasn’t the crying type, but a few tears did manage to escape that morning as I watched the boys haul all of their stuff into the tour bus. One by one every bag that sat next to me was disappearing and I was slowly unraveling.

“Babe, don’t look so sad,” Oli groaned as he sat down, “you’re going to make me feel bad for leaving.”

I gave him a dirty look and hugged my warm cup of coffee closer to me. “Good,” I snarled, “That’s what you get for making me fall in love with you and then leaving the next day. I hope you feel bad for the next three months!”

Shut up, Anna, you sound like a lunatic, my mind whispered, but I ignored it, huffing to myself.

This is just ridiculous.

Oli merely laughed. “Anna, babe, I’m going to be back soon—it’s going to feel like it was over just like that,” he said simply, snapping his fingers.

I sighed. “You promise?”

He nodded. “Promise.”

“And you promise you’re not going to change your mind while you’re gone?” I mumbled; he nodded. “Pinky swear?”
“Pinky swear,” he laughed, wrapping his pinky around my own.

I sighed, “Oli, I’m going to miss you.”

“I know, Anna, I’m going to miss you, too,” he mumbled, grabbing my hand and giving it a tight squeeze. “I’ll see you soon, though. I promise. You won’t miss me for long.”

I laughed. “I doubt that, Oli. I’ll miss you until you get back.”

He laughed as someone shouted for him to hurry up. He gave them the finger and quickly turned back to me. “I have to go, Anna…”

I sighed. “I know.”

“I’ll see you when I get back?”

“Why does that sound like a question?” I laughed out nervously.

Oli shook his head. “Shut up and stop twisting my words around,” he laughed, pulling me tight to him, “And take care of yourself, okay?”

“Okay.”

“Promise?” he smiled.

“Maybe,” I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck and giving him a long, passionate kiss that made my face tingle and my knees nearly go weak.

“I love you, Anna,” he whispered against my lips softly, sighing afterwards.

“I know, Oli, and I love you, too. But you have to go. I’ll see you when you get back,” I sighed out, regretting saying it. On the inside I was hoping that they’d forget him and just leave him with me, but I knew that would be too good to be true.

“Okay,” he mumbled, “Don’t leave me for Christian!” he laughed, backing into the bus with a smile on his face.

I laughed. “I’ll try not to, Oli. But that sounds so tempting.” I rolled my eyes, waving one last wave of hopelessness.

He blew me one last kiss before the door closed behind him and the bus pulled away, leaving me standing out front of the hotel with my cup of coffee, watching as the bus pulled Oli’s car behind it—the car that I had spent so much time in these past two weeks.

My heart sank and I sighed, flipping my phone open.

Remember: You won’t miss me for too long. appeared on my phone and I laughed.

Keep telling yourself that, dollface. I texted back, closing my phone and sitting back down on the curb I had spent the last two and a half hours on, thinking to myself—thinking about what it’ll be like when Oli gets back.

I just never thought that he’d be right.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that the update's late!
I got a new computahh! (:

The contest winner is... BMTH!
Congrats. I'll message you about what's goin' down.

This is the end, my friends.
I hope you like it.
Subscribe to the sequel! (: