Disguised as a Lover

Chapter 13

I walked straight to the back of the house where the party was going to be. I wasn't lying when I said small wasn't so small. Not only was there more people here than I could count, but there was a good size stage set up a little ways back. Then it clicked. A stage at Bams house meant a few good things. Glomb was here and either CKY or H.I.M. was playing. Glomb was one of the few friends I got along with really well. He was more like a brother than my brother most of the time. CKY meant Jess, Bams older brother was here and I always liked him 100 times more than Bam. H.I.M. meant Ville and the boys were here. Out of the few times I came to visit my brother, CKY or H.I.M. was here, and Glomb never strayed too far.

I was looking around when I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"So they weren't lying. I didn't believe them when they said you moved to good old West Chester."

I turned around to see one of the people I was dying to see. I smiled wide, running and jumping into his arms as his arms wrapped around my middle holding me tight so I didn't fall.

"Oh my god Glomb. I saw the stage and I was like GLOMB! In my head though." I said rambling on. He set my feet on the ground while wrapping an arms around my shoulder and walking around, dodging bodies every once and a while.

"So what brings you to West Chester?" He asked, oblivious to the way I willed away the tears at the question.

"Chase and I broke up." I said sending him a watery smile.

"Aw shit Shane, if I knew I wouldn't have brought it up." He said pulling me into a tight hug.

"It's okay, I'm moving on slow but sure."

"Yeah, yeah. It's just like you to keep a strong front, but I know it's killing you inside." He said, whispering the last part, giving me one more hug and walking away.

Like I said, he knew me better than my own brother sometimes.

A few moment later I heard, "Is that Shannon I see?"

I knew who it was before I even turned around. One person and one person only called me Shannon.

"Ville!" I yelled turning around and hugging him tight.

"What's up doll, haven't talked to you in a while." He smiled.

"Ya know, the usual." I said said lying. Nothing was usual this time for me in West Chester.

"mmhm sure. I hear the stories ya know?" My head shot up at that.

"Uhm wh-what stories exactly?" I asked nervously, wondering if he knew about Bam and I.

"You and Chase." He said sending me a sympathetic smile. I inwardly sighed of relief.

"It's no big deal. Anyway what are you guys doing here anyway, shouldn't you be out being rock stars or something?" I asked with a smile.

"Bam asked us to come for Missy's party and we were on a week break." He said shrugging.

Missy's party? They invited me to her birthday party? Are they stupid or something? They didn't even tell me it was hers. That's probably because they knew I wouldn't come.

"They didn't tell you that's what this is for, did they?" Ville asked hesitantly. I shook my head and looked around the party trying to find my brother.

I spotted my brother, said bye to Ville and stalked over to Novak. Grabbing his arm, I dragged him away from the people he was talking with, ignoring the comments of me being a bitch.

I smacked him in the head. "Ow, what the hell was that for?" he said while rubbing his head.

"Missy's birthday party. Are you stupid. Did you really think the outcome of this would end up good?" I whispered harshly so no outsiders could here our conversation.

"Shane, if you just behave nothing will go wrong. Bam and I wanted you to come, so you're here, get over it." he said shrugging.

"You guys are asshole's you know that." I said walking off, faintly hearing Novak say he would rather be an asshole than a whole ass. Smartass

I walked to the coolers grabbing a beer popping it open and turned around to come face to face with the she devil.

"What the hell are you doing here, I don't recall you being invited." she instantly started getting in my face.

"My brother invited me, alright calm down, I'm not here to crash your party or anything, I'm just gonna go sit in that corner over there and mind my own business." I said trying to walk away, but she wouldn't have any of that. I sighed knowing I wouldn't get away with this and probably get blamed for starting all of it also.

"Oh no, you aren't sitting anywhere." She yelled. Bam came over stepping in between us.

"Ladies, what's the problem." He said looking between me and missy.

"I don't know, all I did was come over here and get a beer. She started this one." I said calmly, taking another sip of my beer. I was trying to stay calm for my brother, but her getting in my face was making the task that much harder.

"Missy what's your problem, she didn't do shit." Bam said also calmly, probably not wanting another fight to start. I stood there zoning out of what they were saying, watching HI.M. play on stage until I heard Missy spit out some of the most nerve touching comments to me.

"Bam are you taking her side or something. I want your fucking coke addicted, slutty ass off my property now." She spat at me like I was trash.

I snapped my head up to look her dead in the eye, rage coursing through every vein in my body. My face was sure to be turning red from the anger I was feeling. Every part of me wanted to charge her right then, rip her up limb for limb. Even Bam looked scared and he had every right to. Once again I held back, knowing one more comment would push it way past any line of limits I had ever made in my mind. My finger twitched from anger, fingers clenched into fists causing my knuckles to turn white.

"You heard me, you're nothing but trash. No wonder that fiance of yours dumped you. You probably slept around with all your druggie friends and dealers just to get your fix." She said lowly, but with so much distain it would make you sick.

In my mind I just ran past the line labeled limits. I charged Missy fast, hard and with more meaning for it than I had ever had in my life. I heard Bam mutter an 'Oh shit' before trying to stop me, but that wasn't happening. Not this time. I pushed him out of the way and tackled Missy through a table with some food on it. The feeling of my fist colliding with her face was far better than anything I had ever felt up until that moment. Her vital sign wasn't relevant to me and I could barely hear anything else going on around me. Tears of anger, hurt, and frustration flowed from my eyes, my ears ringing from the adrenaline rushing through my body. I faintly felt someone pick me up and hold me tight to their chest, whispering comforting words in my ears, rocking me back and forth. My legs were threatening to give out on me. I looked up through blurred vision to see that Bam was the one holding me so close. I wouldn't care who was holding me right now, I just needed this. I needed comfort.

I faintly heard someone yell 'get some ice and paper towels' and the coolers opening and closing with the scraping of ice being shuffled around. It soon clicked that Bam was tending to me and not his fiance that I just pummeled into the ground like my life had depended on it, but I didn't care.

Bam carried me into the house ignoring the scream of his name from his fiance. He laid me down on the couch and draped a blanket over my body.

"Are you gonna be alright for a few minutes while I go see what's going on." He asked kneeling down in front of me, running his hand through my hair while the other wiped away the stray tears. I managed to nod suddenly feeling extremely drowsy. He pressed his lips together in a thin line, eyebrows furrowed together, concern written on his face before he nodded back before kissing the top of my head and walking back outside.

The last thought that crossed my mind before I fell back asleep was what the hell just happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so. I said I would update again tonight. It would have been earlier, but some friends came over and I got distracted. Oops.

So comments, subscriptions.

And is 4 stars good for 13 chapters because I have no idea.

PS. Like I said I have nothing against Missy, it just has to be this way for the story to flow, which isn't flowing too good cuz I'm having some brain farts. But i'm working on that.

PSS. I want to write a new story, I just don't know who to make it about. Sooooo any suggestions?