Disguised as a Lover

chapter 19

I was in my studio after a long, tedious class full of screeching, whiny, crying, stuck up ten year olds. Who knew there was so many ten year olds in West Chester that I could just strangle.

I changed into my own dancing clothes and put on a pair of ballet flats before plugging in my iPod and putting it to the playlist named 'dance,' turning it up almost all the way. A instrumental piece came on and I went to the center of the floor, stretching a little before shifting on one foot to the other and beginning my random dance routine. The music flowed through my veins like blood. My body followed the rhythm, as I drifted across the polished wood floors. The music echoed in my ears, ricocheting of my skull and down to the ends of my every limb.

The song ended and I came to slow stop with it. I walked over to the iPod, turning it off and picking my water up from the floor, gulping down half the bottle. I turned around and came face to face with my receptionist Lizzy.

"Shane. Bam Margera is definitely up front asking for you." She said looking like a shocked 10 year old instead of a 19 year old.

"What could he possibly want." I said shaking my head.

"Wait. So let me get this straight." She paused looking confused, "You know Bam Margera and you never freakin' told me?"

"Yes Liz, I know Bam Margera. My name is Shane Novak. As in Bam's best friends sister. Funny how that works out." I said laughing and shaking my head at her shocked state.

"Oh my god. Can I meet them?" She asked excitedly.

"You wanna meet Bam?" I asked turning to face her again.

"Hell yeah I wanna meet Bam. Maybe your brother too, he's kinda hot."

"I didn't need to know you thought that, and my brother is a whore. Do you really want to meet a whore?" I asked laughing.

"Yes!" She shouted.

"Kay, gosh. Calm down." I said shaking my head and walking towards the door that led to the front. I pushed through the doors to look at an anxious Bam pacing back and forth. I watched him for a few minutes before I burst out laughing. He turned to me surprised before composing himself and putting his hands in his pockets to stop the fidgeting.

"Hey Bam." I said slowly.

"Hi." he said breathlessly. I looked at him curiously before I remembered Liz wanted to officially meet him.

"Oh yeah! Bam this is Liz, Liz this is Bam. you already know that. soo yeah..." I trailed off.

"Hey." he said shortly, waving slightly.

"Hi. I love Jackass and Viva La Bam and everything else you've been in. Oh god, I'm rambling. It's just nice to meet you." She ended shyly before blushing and looking down.

"It's nice to meet you too." He said before turning his attention back to me, "Shane I really need to talk to you." He said looking desperate, which told me what he had to talk about was most likely important.

"Okay." I nodded. He nodded back looking at Liz shortly.

"Oh like alone! sorry i'll be cleaning the floors." She said before rushing back through the doorway and into back. I watched her leave before turning back to a oddly nervous Bam.

"So.. you wanted to talk." I said breaking the silence.

"Right uhm. I don't even know how to say this." He said wringing his hands in front of him.

"Bam just say it." I demanded.

"I like you." Bam spit out, with an extremely worried look on his face.

Like? I was shocked to say the least. I didn't expect that. I mean he kissed me before, but that could be for so many different reasons. He chose his fiance over me that one time, but maybe she was fine? Maybe he felt sympathy for me, but liked me? That's not possible.

"Please say something." Bam pleaded looking pulling me out of my daze.

"You..like me? How do you like me Bam, we just recently started to tolerate each other and now you like me?" I said raising my voice.

"I know it sounds stupid shane, but it's true. I don't know why I do, and I don't know what made me realize it, but I do and I needed you to know." He explained.

I looked him in the eyes to find any sign that he was lying and that he was gunna pull and April fools kind of thing, but all I found was sincerity and desperation.

"Bam I don't know..I don't know how you expect me to believe you. I mean, you've hated me ever since I met you, for god only knows what reason. you call me out on my faults every other day. You have a fiance for gods sake and now you decide to like me?" I said exasperated. I was confused. Part of me wanted to believe him. Part of me wanted him to actually like me. Part of me thought it was just another sick joke of him.

"Me and Missy broke up. Shane you have to trust me on this one. Please don't think i'm lying." He said desperately.

"Bam you hardly even know me." I whispered, trying to pull up any reason I could think of to prove my theory of his feigned adoration.

"I do Shannon." He said. I was going to reply but he cut me off and I just stood biting my lip waiting for him to explain.

"I know so much about you and I love it all. I love the way you sing in the shower. And how when you dance, it's almost like you know nothing else is going on around you. And how you bite the right side of your lip when your nervous, like you are right now." He pointed out, making me stop before continuing.

"And how if your really listening to someone, you never break eye contact. When your mad you flare your nostrils. And most of all I love how strong you are. You don't give yourself enough credit, but most people are envious of your strength. Half the people I know wouldn't survive what you've been through and I admire you so much for it." He explained, his voice getting quieter at the end. I felt the blush creep up my neck and looked at the ground.

He put his fingers under my chin and pushed my face up so I could look him in the eyes.

"I don't know how this happened or when this happened, but it did, and I'm falling for you fast and hard. I want to make something out of this. So if you tell me right now that you want nothing to do with me, I'll leave and never bring this up again. But if you feel something, anything, and you want to forget about the past and try this out, I would be the happiest person alive." He said giving me the choice.

I knew I liked Bam, but I never really wanted to advance on it. I never found a reason to try. Now though, he was standing in front of my face, pouring his feeling out in front of me, giving me the option to make or break him. I had a reason to make something of my feeling. I could forget the past right now and move on with my life, with him in it.

"Okay." I whispered.

"Okay what?" He said and you could hear his hopes rise.

"I'll give this a chance." I said smiling. Next thing I knew I was in one of the tightest hugs of my life.

"Bam..can't breathe." I managed to choke out.

"Oh shit sorry." He said before grabbing my hands and looking me in the eyes, "You won't regret this Shane. I promise." He said sincerely.

"I know." He grinned and came closer, letting go of my hands and bringing his up to cup my face.

He kissed me with so much force and passion that if he weren't holding me so close, I would have fallen.

I wouldn't regret this
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.