Disguised as a Lover

Chapter 5

I pushed the door to the cafe open behind Bam, glaring at the back of his head the whole time. The whole way to the cafe he would drive really fast, then slow down to a snails pace with me behind him. Every time I tried to pass him he would drive faster so I couldn't catch up, then I'd stop trying to pass and he'd drive slower.

The result: Me pissed off at him. We found my brother and the other boys seated at a table in a corner away from everyone. After hugging each of the boys, I sat down in the available chair next to my brother, still glaring at Bam, which was conveniently seated in front of me.

I felt Novak nudge me in the side, silently telling me to cut my shit out.

"He's being an asshole, I didn't even start anything with him! He just came over, to my house without me knowing, and started shit." I whispered to my older brother.

"Him and Missy got in a huge argument the two days ago and he's been pretty much avoiding the Castle at all costs. They've been fighting a lot, so he's been going anywhere that's not home when he can. Bars, peoples houses, now yours. Just let him hang around. I know you guys don't get along, but have some sympathy Shane." He explained, obviously looking out for his best friend.

I didn't like Missy and never did. She always had this idea in her head that I was going to steal Bam away. I've only been around her three times since her and Bam got together and we only ever expressed hate and annoyance for each other. I always tried to be civil with her, but that clearly wasn't going to happen.

I wondered when they started fighting. They always seemed pretty close when I was around, but last time I had come to West Chester was almost a year ago. Things obviously had changed since then.

If she ever found out Bam was coming around my house, It would probably start World War 3. I didn't want to move away from drama to come to a place with just as much. Drama made me stress. Stress is something I can't say I handle too well.

"Why have they been fighting?" I asked Novak keeping it quiet so no one else would hear.

"I don't know. some relationships just don't stay the way you imagine them. They haven't been the same for a while. She starts argument over every little thing, although he never really does anything." He explained making Missy sound like the biggest bitch ever.

"He doesn't show it, but it's taking a toll on him, physically and emotionally." Novak Continued. The waitress came over giving us our food previously ordered.

I looked over at Bam studying him. He was talking with the guys, smiling and laughing like usual, but the smile didn't quite reach his eyes. He was a little bit less wild and more quiet than usual. They were little things that you wouldn't really notice if you weren't trying. He had light purple rings under his eyes from lack of sleep and tired eyes. He didn't carry himself the same as when I last seen him. He looked over at me catching my eye for a few seconds, wearing a confused face. I just looked down to my food, ignoring the feeling of him staring at me.

Like I said, they were subtle details, but not unnoticeable, and for once I felt bad for him. I had the sympathy my brother told me I should. There was an actual man, under all the childish immature actions, with actual feelings that I never gave much thought to before. Bam was always just my brothers asshole of a friend, but never once did I consider who he truly was, and now I could see it, as clear as day.

++++

Dinner went well after the conversation between Novak and I. We ate and talked, enjoying catching up on everything, the guys being the jackass's they were.

Currently I was in my upstairs bathroom removing my make up and washing my face, thinking about Bam and Missy's relationship spiraling downhill. It was a horrible thing to experience first hand and I really felt bad for him. I'm sure he didn't want pity so I decided he could come around, and I would let him be his usual asshole, unless he went too far, and I wouldn't bring up anything. It was his personal life and were suppose to hate each other anyway, so why should he tell me anything.

With that I made my way to my bed, shutting off the bedside lamp and going into a dreamless sleep.

Hours later at 3 a.m. I woke up for reasons unknown and decided to go get something to drink downstairs. At the top of the stairs and heard the T.V. on which only meant one thing. Bam was here.

I made it down the stairs and to the kitchen unnoticed, grabbing two drinks and making my way to the living room. I sat down next to him, seeming to take him out of deep though and held the drink to him. He took one sip and held it on his lap, both hands cupped around it, feet propped on the coffee table, legs crossed at the ankles, staring blankly at the T.V.

That's exactly what we did, sat there and watched some late night sitcom not saying a word, him lost in his thoughts, me thinking about the thoughts he could be lost in. It was kind of nice to just sit here, together and not fight for once. To not have any immature remarks or looks passed between each other, just silence.

I felt my eyes become heavy and my head get harder and harder to hold up. I leaned my head against the back of the couch and felt myself slowly drift into temporary unconsciousness. I wasn't completely asleep when I felt two arms warp around me, forcing me to lay out flat on the couch. A light amount of weight was added to my body as a blanket covered my small body and a small pillow slid underneath my head. Too tired to really care what was going on and the last thing I heard before I went to sleep was the front door open and close then I was out for the count.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 5
So I have readers and subscribers, but I'm lacking comments :/
If you guys could just tell me what you think it would be greatly appreciated.

Happy New Years!!