Disguised as a Lover

Chapter 6

I woke up in the morning confused how I got onto the couch, when I remember falling asleep on my bed. Then remembered coming down stairs and sitting with Bam. It was a weird night and and it was almost as if we had made a silent agreement not to tell anyone about it.

I hoisted myself off the couch, going upstairs to find some clothes so I could take a shower and get ready for the day. I grabbed a pair of shorts and plain black tank top to wear for the day and headed to the downstairs bathroom for a shower. I turned on my iHome to The Early November, letting the songs drift through my ears and singing to the words.

"What was I to say I'm already all alone,
and there’s nothing here except a hole in the wall.
What was I to do and how should I know,
I was never good when times are changing."


I was too lost in the words of the song and relaxed by the steam of the shower to hear the front door open and close.

"One more chance
I'd never would react like this.
One more time
it'd be time enough to think about it.
And one last straw
could be strong enough to make this work
or throw away everything.

It's time that I go, I can sleep on the road,
it wont be soft but it will be on my own.
I'm sure that last time I couldn't have been wrong,
besides I’m not good with saying sorry."


I got out of the shower wrapping the warm towel around my torso and walking to the mirror, wiping the steam off it. I grabbed my tooth brush and paste, brushing my teeth and still singing along to the song. Needless to say, it didn't even sound close to the song. The song changed to The Jack Slap Cheer by The Matches and I started dancing and singing the words in my bathroom while trying to get my clothes on.

"C-C-Conversations with my bathroom mirror
are never the same
as when you're standing here
I'm chickenshit out on a brave frontier,
that teenage wasteland
so begins the Jack Slap Cheer..."


Successfully getting my clothes on with out falling over and breaking my neck, I opened the door to the letting the steam emerge from the bathroom, now singing into my hair bush that I was previously brushing my hair with. I opened my eyes to come face to face with none other than my brother and Bam, laughing their asses off.

"Why does everyone always come in my house with out knocking?!" I said, adverting my glare specifically to Bam, whose smile faltered for a second, but then continued with his obnoxious laughter.

I pushed past the two boys and went out into the kitchen to get some much needed food. Finally deciding on cereal I took out a bowl, spoon, the milk and grabbed the cocoa pebbles from the pantry. Bam and Novak came into the kitchen, both helping themselves to cereal and sitting down next to me. I'm definitely locking the doors and hiding all the keys.

"Yeah you guys, you can have some cereal, thanks for asking." I said, sarcasm dripping from every word.

"No problem. So Shane what're you doing today?" Novak asked with a mouthful of cereal.

I hadn't really thought about what I was doing today, all I knew was I needed a lot of stuff for the house including food and some new clothes wouldn't hurt either.

"Shopping." I said, looking up to meet the two most mischievous grins ever. Bad move Shane.

"Were coming." Bam and Novak said in sync.

"No, no, no, no. You are not going out in public with me, do I look that stupid?" I asked.

"Well..." Bam started but I cut him off.

"Don't even think about finishing that sentence." I said glaring at him. I seemed to do that a lot.

"You asked." He pointed out shrugging, and shoving another spoonful of cereal in his mouth.

"Your not getting out of this, so you might as well give up now." Novak said with a knowing smirk. He always knew I caved way too easily.

"Whatever you can come. But were taking my car, and if you act like five year old's the whole time, I'm leaving without you." I said with an extremely serious face and the attitude to match it.

"Deal." Novak agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This updates for CodyDawkins1211 because he's pretty awesome :]
Comments and subscriptions are nice of course.
Comments make me happy in the pants :P

Song credits:
-Good at Saying Sorry by The Early November
-Jack Slap Cheer by The Matches