Disguised as a Lover

chapter 8

1 week later

My new home was coming along nice. Bam stopped coming over for about two days, but then got in another fight with Missy and started coming around again. I still wouldn't consider us friends, because we still argue in front of people, but I don't mind him coming over as much anymore. Sometimes I'll even wake up and find him sleeping downstairs, in front of the T.V. and I think him coming home at night couldn't possibly be helping much at home. All of which is why I have decided to stay away from the castle for awhile. Missy hates me enough, so if her and Bam are fighting and he's not coming home, she probably has a very detailed mental image of me and her wonderful fiance rolling around between the sheets.

Today I was going to get new furniture and paint. I'm dreading the painting part because not only are Novak and Bam helping, but all the boys are helping. Now Dico and Dunn are alright by themselves, but if you put Dico, Dunn, Raab, Bam and Novak together... well it's bound to be a disaster.

Grabbing my keys I walked to the car and drove down to the furniture store.

I paused after I was a few feet in the door and took a quick glance around the store. I didn't exactly know what I was looking for, I just needed new things, since most of the furniture from my old house in L.A. was Chase's.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" Came a silky male voice from my right. I turned slightly and met a pair of beautiful icy blue eyes and dirty blond hair, probably around my age, a little older maybe. I was so temporarily mesmerized, I forgot to answer and probably looked like a complete ass. I hesitantly took my gaze away from his strong one and turned to look around.

"I need furniture." I said with a sigh.

"Well you've come to the right place." He said with a soft chuckle. I smiled and nodded still kind of distracted when I looked at him.

"What kind of furniture?" He asked, looking around for a moment and then back at me.

"Living room. I need a new couch and maybe a chair, I only have one couch" I replied.

"Well then, follow me." He said gesturing for me to go to the right.

I followed behind him, innocently checking out his backside every few seconds, but pulling my eyes away before he caught me. My eyes involuntarily drifted downward again and he stopped abruptly making me almost run into his back.

"These are our living room sets." He said pointing to the area in front of him.

"Thanks." I said, giving him a polite smile.

"Anytime. Now if you need anymore help, just go up front and get me or ask for Adam Moore, which is me, and I'll come help you out." He said with an award winning smile.

"Okay thanks." I said smiling and watching him turn and walk away. God he is gorgeous.

I wandered around the living room sets, occasionally stopping to observe a certain set. Finally deciding on a tan sectional couch, I went off in my search for Adam. I got up to the front and Adam looked up from some paper work and smiled.

"Find something?" He asked with that captivating smile that makes you weak at the knees.

"Yeah I want the tan sectional couch." I said pointing to the specific set.

"Sure thing, just fill out these papers and we'll arrange a day to have it delivered to you." He said opening a drawer and getting some paperwork out of it. I took the paperwork and grabbed a pen out of the cup and started to fill in the empty spaces.

When I was done I handed him the papers which he took a quick look over and stopped at a certain spot.

"Shannon Novak. Like Bam's friend, Novak?" He asked looking over my features as if to find some sort of resemblance. I let out a quiet chuckle and nodded.

"I'm Novaks sister Shannon obviously, but call me Shane please, I can't stand my name." I said emphasizing on 'stand'.

"Will do. I see them a lot but I've never seen your before, and your buying furniture, so I'm assuming you just moved here?" He asked.

"I did, from L.A." I said nodding.

"That must have been cool. Always warm." He said.

"Actually I didn't live in the greatest part of L.A. So the weather was nice, but the neighborhood itself was a little rough. Not the worst, but not great either." I explained.

"I see. So why would you come from L.A. to Pennsylvania? West Chester at that." He asked. I didn't know exactly how to answer, so I went with the most vague answer I could give without lying completely or giving any information away.

"I just needed a change and my brother lives here." I said giving a weak smile.

"Are you the one that opened the dance studio down the street?" He asked.

"I am, I've danced my whole life." I said smiling proudly.

"Well maybe I'll throw on some nice tights and a tutu and give you visit." He said laughing almost harmonically.

"I think regular clothes would be just fine." I said grinning at the mental image.

"Well your furniture will be dropped off tomorrow between 12 and 2, if that's alright with you." He said typing something into the computer.

"Sure that's fine. I might be at the studio but I'm sure Bam will be there." I said grabbing my keys off the counter and getting ready to leave.

"Alright, I'll let them know that. I'm sorry this might be forward but can I take you out to dinner sometime?" He asked with hopeful look in his eyes.

I didn't know if I was ready for anything including guys and dating, but what could one harmless dinner date do? I think because of my silence he thought I was about to say no.

"I understand if you don't want to, I just thought i'd a..."

"Adam!" I said interrupting his rambling. He stopped and looked at me shocked.

"What?" He asked.

"I'd love to" I said and smiled.

"Okay, can I have your number?" He asked. So I gave him my number and started to leave.

"See you soon Shane!" Adam yelled after me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I had a snow day today and decided to update for all you lovely people.
It's an important chapter and we'll get to all that wonderful Bam action eventually.

There's quite a few readers and subscribers, so please comment. I'm not asking a whole lot, just want to know what everyone thinks.
So comments and subscriptions are amazing :]