Disguised as a Lover

chapter 9

Currently I was in the paint store with Novak getting some paint to redo my room and the living room. We were trying to decide between a maroon and a medium green color for the living room and lime green, dark puruple, or black for my room.

"Why don't you do the living room in maroon and your room in the purple." Novak suggested, putting the colors against each other. I was so fed up with standing here trying to decide colors so I just decided to take him up on his suggestion.

"Sounds good." I said, taking the color slips from him and bringing them to the front to get mixed.

"What can I do for you?" The older man, maybe 45-50 years old, at the front asked me, with a weird smirk.

"Uhm yeah, can I have this maroon, and this purple?" I said pointing to each color.

"Sure. Just a gallon each?" He asked.

"Actually can I have two gallons each?" I asked

"Anything for you doll." He said with a grin that screamed molester.

"Uhm thanks." I said, turning to walk away with Novak at my side.

As soon as I was out of earshot I whispered "Creeper" to Novak.

"He was so checking you out, you got old guys trying to make moves on you now." Novak said with a grin that said he was clearly making fun of me.

"That's not funny, its creepy" I said, lightly smacking Novak's chest.

"I'm sorry." He said looking sincere for about three seconds but broke out into a grin and continued with "But that was totally hilarious."

"It is not, I still have to go back up there and pick it up when were done!" I cried out.

"Sucks for you. Now lets go get some paint brushes." He said walking away from me quickly.

"Brandon slow down, he's gunna come for me!" I yelled, jogging to catch up with him.

Novak walked around repeating 'paint brushes' a few times, until he found the aisle.

"Paintbrushes!" Novak yelled with a bright smile on his face.

"You seriously just looked like a five year old on Christmas." I said laughing at him.

"That one went to the heart Shane. I hope that sits in your conscience all day." Novak said in a mock sad tone.

"Hmmm. Nope, I got nothing." I said shrugging and walking away from my brother and his dumbfounded look.

"There's another stab to the heart!" Novak yelled after me, speed walking to catch up with me.

"Don't be upset with me because I own at life and you don't Brandon, It's not my fault." I said flatly.

"You just really want me to go into some serious depression or something don't you?" He asked crossing his arms and huffing.

"And the five year old is back." I said quietly while reaching for a paint brush I needed.

"Yeah?! well your a big bitch! What now?!" He yelled jokingly causing a few people to look over in our direction.

I put my hand on his shoulder reassuringly. "You're adopted and mom and dad don't like you. But just remember, I still love you." I said squeezing his shoulder once more and walking away, with a grin on my face.

"I don't even know what to say to that." He said in a defeated tone.

"There's nothing to say. Now can we go get the paint from the creepy old guy and leave?" I asked.

"Sure." Novak said and we went along like our giant scene never happened back there.

We walked up front, where I could see my four paint cans sitting on the counter and the older man standing right next to them, watching Novak and I walk up. Novak wrapped an arm around my shoulder and rubbed my arm slightly.

"It's alright to date older men Shane. Don't worry about my approval. You got it and one hundred percent support." He said with a smirk in his voice. He squeezed me tighter and then released me. I looked up and glared at him.

"I cannot believe you just said that!" I whispered loudly since we were closer to the front check out.

"You could at least give him a run for his money." He whispered to me.

"Are you suggesting I flirt with...THAT." I asked, grimacing.

"Either him or Bam since we all know you want to jump his bones." He said nonchalantly, shrugging after. By that time we were at the counter, so I just glanced at him. I didn't glare, or deny it, because I didn't feel the need. I never once thought about Bam like that nor did I ever act like I was interested like that.

"Here's your paint pretty lady." The older man said breaking me out of my thoughts, as I put the paint brushes down.

"And this is all you need." He asked. I nodded still very distracted by what my brother has said.

He rung up everything."44.50 Is your total." He said with a lusty glint in his eyes while he looked down at my chest. I threw down two 20 dollar bills and a 5 dollar bill and muttered a "keep the change" before grabbing two of the gallons and the bag of paint brushes. Novak grabbed the other two, and we ran out of there.

"We are never coming here again." I said disgustedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wasn't going to update, but then I decided it wouldn't hurt. So here it is!

By the way this actually happened to me the other day, with me and my brother and the old guy at the paint store. Well I added a few extra things obviously. It was freakin' creepy, not gonna lie. I wanted to cry haha.

Soooo I have like no comments, and I know sometimes you just don't wanna comment, I get the same way, but pretty please comment. Im desperate to know what you people think of this story.

You can subscribe too if you'd like, I don't mind :p