Draco Malfoy's Famous Last Words

Back to School

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

As midnight approached, we decided to put little Blaise down for the evening. He was tired, and my arms were growing weak from holding him for so long. He curled up in his crib in the nursery across the hall, content to sleep forever.

I should have gone back to school after that. It would have been much better that way. At least then I wouldn't risk someone thinking I'd gone missing. There was also the sleep factor to consider. I had class early the next morning. A smart girl would have gone back to Hogwarts to catch some shut eye. An intelligent girl would have pried herself away from Draco and her son and left the Manor.

I've never claimed to be intelligent.

No, I spent the night at Malfoy Manor. And didn't sleep a wink.

Morning has come, and I know that I have to go back to Hogwarts. This is the last thing I want to do at this point. It doesn't take a Ravenclaw to figure out why.

"Evelyn, love, you have to go back," Draco whispers.

I am standing in Draco's room, clutching Blaise close to my chest. I don't want to leave. The Manor is my home. My son is here, Draco is here. How can those reasons not be enough to make me stay?

"I don't want to go back, Drake!" I whine, "I want to stay with Blaise. Besides, don't you have to go off to Siberia and look for my brother anyway? I should stay here and take of care of Blaise while you are gone looking for..."

"Looking for Blaise?" he interrupts, "That's going to be confusing."

"Merlin," I groan, "From now on, why don't we call Blaise by his middle name instead? We don't know anyone named James to confuse him with."

Draco laughs, "Okay. And yes, I have to go look for Blaise and get the giants to come over to our side. It'll be fine though. I'll be back before you know it with Blaise and Steven. Then when we're all back, I'll come and get you so you can see your brother. Fair enough?"

I reluctantly agree, knowing that he'll convince me one way or another.

There is a faint knock on the door, and Bella enters the room to take James from me.

"Don't worry, Evelyn. I'll take good care of him for you," she says sweetly.

I've never seen Bella act so out of character. It's comforting to know that she has at least a fraction of motherly instinct within her.

"Thanks, Bella," I reply, as I pass James to her.

I give him a kiss on the forehead, and Bella takes him back to the nursery.

"I'll see you soon, love," Draco says, once we're alone.

"Is that a promise?" I ask.

Draco smirks and takes me in his arms, giving me a short, but sweet, kiss.

"Nope," he answers, "It's a guarantee."

I smile and manage to get one more kiss out of him before he makes me leave.

My heart brakes as Draco's figure disappears from my sight in the green flames. Going back to Hogwarts will be torture. Being away from him again will surely kill me.

---

Sophie, Marissa, and Monty are all standing in front of the fireplace in the common room, awaiting my arrival. They have their arms folded across their chests, and look very angry with me.

"Where were you?" Monty demands, the second I step out of the fireplace.

"At the Manor, Monty. Merlin. What's up your arse?" I spit.

"We were worried sick about you!" Marissa hollers.

"You can't just run off like that!" Sophie adds
.
"Okay, guys. I'm sorry. Calm down. I had to leave because Draco showed up and wanted to take me back to the Manor to meet my son. Is that so horrible?"

Their faces soften instantly.

"He really did get your son back?" Sophie asks.

"Yes, and he's so adorable too. He's the spitting image of his father."

"Any word on Blaise?" Marissa asks hopefully.

"Not yet. But Draco's going off to look for him today," I answers.

Marissa's face falls a little.

"And speaking of Blaise," I add quickly, "We named our son after him. Blaise James Malfoy. After both his uncles and his biological grandfather."

"Awh, that's so cute!" Sophie squeals.

"Can we go meet him?" Marissa chimes in, trying to put her worries aside.

"Unfortunately, no, not until Draco gets back. He said he'd send for me when he got home with Steven and Blaise."

"Hey, Princess," Monty pipes up, "You probably should go get changed. DADA starts in half an hour, and you're no where near ready."

I nod and go up to the girls' dormitories to change. Today is going to be a long day.

Before I rejoin Monty, Sophie, and Marissa in the common room, I remember the velvet bag around my neck. I take it off and tuck it safely away in my trunk. I don't figure I will be needing it for awhile. After all, I'm stuck in Hogwarts.

What's the worst that could happen?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

XoXo Kate