Draco Malfoy's Famous Last Words

King

DRACO'S P.O.V.

I spent nearly one month trudging through the frozen tundra of Siberia before I found the giants' village. It is located in a valley in between three large mountains. I haven't seen a trace of Steven and Blaise throughout my journey. This leads me to three conclusions. First, they are in the village, still negotiating terms with the stubborn beasts. Second, they are stumbling and slipping over patches of ice somewhere in this wasteland. Or three, they are dead.

Personally, I'm rooting for the first one.

Carefully, I trek down the snowy slope to the village. After a few close calls with rather large icy boulders, I successfully reach level ground. I am greeted by a pair of giants, both probably thirty feet tall, and over ten times my size. They stand as still and straight as totem poles, ice statues guarding the entrance to their home land. Each holds a large, spiked club over their left shoulder. My cause suddenly seems hopeless.

"Hee, ho! Gurm choo voo doo kee coy!" the giant on the right grunts at me.

I glance around nervously. I can't speak giant. I can speak over a dozen human languages, but none of them related to that of magical creatures.

"Sorry, I don't speak giant," I shout up at them. I feel a bit ridiculous for shouting, but I'm not sure if they can hear me all the way down here.

"You no speak giant?" the giant on the left asks me, his knuckles tightening around his club.

"I speak English," I inform them.

They nod, and the one on the right speaks again, "What you do here?"

"I'm looking for some friends of mine, Steven and Blaise Zabini. They came here on behalf of Lord Voldemort to speak of peace."

"King Blaise?" one of the gigantic creatures asks.

"Sure," I say, smirking slightly at the thought of Blaise in a tiara.

One of them turns and stomps into the village, motioning for me to follow. I obey, and he leads me to an ice hut in the very center. He converses in their language with another set of guards before allowing me to enter the hut behind him.

The hut is enormous, nearly the size of the Manor. It is decorated in various animal skins and rough paintings of animals and people, or giants, I suppose. There are three separate bonfires burning for heat, far away from the ice walls, and large fur rugs adorned the floor. On the back wall, on a tremendous throne, sits Blaise.

When he sees me, a wave of relief washes over his features.

"Draco!" he yells, "Bloody hell! What are you doing here?"

He looks rather ridiculous situated on such a humongous throne. I can't help but smirk again. He's like a fly ruling a community of tarantulas.

"I was sent to rescue you, oh mighty King Blaise," I joke.

"Hey, shut the hell up! You have no idea what's been going on here!"

"Merlin, no need to be so touchy. Come on, let's go, Your Highness," I laugh.

"I can't leave!" he whispers, so that giants cannot hear, "Their king killed my dad. He squashed him in between his hands like a mosquito, for no reason. When I killed him for doing that, they made me king. They won't let me leave."

"Does the Dark Lord at least have their allegiance?" I ask.

"Yes, of course," Blaise answers, looking somewhat offended, "I completed my mission. These miserable creatures do everything I say."

"Good, then we're leaving," I state.

"Draco, we can't."

"Blaise," I groan, "Are there any anti-apparation spells on this village, or this country, for that matter?"

"Well, no..." he stutters.

I grab his arm forcefully, before muttering under my breath, "Evelyn just lost her father. She's not losing you, too. And unless you want to share Steven's fate, I suggest you come with me immediately."

"But if I abandon them, I won't be their leader anymore. If I'm not their king, I don't have their allegiance. Without that, I have failed my mission, and my dad will have died in vain."

"Are you really that dense?" I whisper, before clearing my throat and sending my voice booming through the icy cavern. "Giants! I am Draco, the God of War!"

I could have laughed as their jaws dropped in awe and they bowed before me.

"I am taking your king to be the noblest knight in my army! One day, the Lord of Darkness, Voldemort will return here to ask your allegiance in the greatest battle of our time. Know this, anyone who denies him shall deny King Blaise, and therefore, betray me. And those who dare betray me face an eternity in a lake of fire!"

The giants shake in fear at my words. I give my wand a slight swish, and emerald green flames ignite throughout the ice hut, melting it to the ground. By the time the giants realize Blaise and I are gone, I have I disapparated the both of us back to the Manor.

---

"Stupid beasts," I mutter upon our return. "Mum! Rebecca! Bella! We're back!"

The three women come rushing into the entrance hall. Bella is carrying James in her arms. I quickly run to meet her, snatching him up and cradling him in the process. Being separated from my son for so long is torture. Not only have I missed him, but judging by how much he's grown, I've missed out on a month of his childhood I'll never get back.

"Sweetheart!" Rebecca squeals, hugging Blaise tightly, "I'm so glad you're all right!"

I've never seen Rebecca Zabini be affectionate, or even nice for that matter. It's rather odd to watch.

"Where's your father?" Bella asks him.

Blaise hangs his head and replies, "He didn't make it."

Tears instantly flood Rebecca's eyes. She begins sobbing hard into Blaise's chest. He wraps his arms around her, as they grieve together.

"At least you're okay," she whispers.

I can't handle all the emotion.

"Mum, take James for me," I say.

Narcissa does what I ask, taking him from me and over to Blaise.

"Meet your nephew," I tell Blaise, patting him on the back, "Blaise James Malfoy."

Blaise gently pushes Rebecca back, and scoops up James in his arms.

"Wow," is all he manages to say.

"I'm going to get Evelyn and everyone from Hogwarts," I inform Bella, as she is the authority figure in the room at this time, "I'll be back shortly."

She nods and I use the fireplace to Floo to the Slytherin common room.
♠ ♠ ♠
There is one group of you that never fail to comment, and I want you to know how much I appreciate that. So, thank you.

If only more of my subscribers would follow your lead...hint hint.

XoXo Kate