Draco Malfoy's Famous Last Words

Mess

DRACO'S P.O.V.

"Bloody hell!" I gasp, as Bella, Blaise, Monty and I enter the main sitting room.

"You got that right," Monty jokes.

Bella smacks him upside the head, making Monty's neck pop loudly. Monty curses under his breath and rubs the back of his neck.

"It was good that you sent the girls away," Bella states, "They wouldn't have handled this too well."

We all stare dumbly at the scene before us. Monty's joke may have been inappropriate, but bloody really is good word choice on my part. Rebecca, well her body, is lying in the middle of the floor, torn to shreds. Pieces of her flesh are scattered throughout the room, bubbles of pus blistering and smoking on the scarred skin. There is blood everywhere.

Bella walks over to the corpse, well the largest identifiable piece, and picks up Rebecca's wand. She examines it with a spell, and determines that the last spell Rebecca had done was a Dark one. Apparently, the spell was designed to cut whatever it was directed at into 666 pieces. Monty begins to count, only to receive another smack.

Tears begin to leak out of Blaise's eyes, as he struggles to maintain his composure. He shouldn't be here. He should be up with the girls, spilling his grief to Marissa and Evelyn. This is way to much for him. He is officially an orphan.

"What are we going to do with this?" I ask Bella, stepping in front of Blaise to partially conceal his view.

"Well, I'll use the counter spell to reassemble the body. Then, we'll have to arrange a funeral, of course," she flicks her wand and the pieces begin to reform their normal shape. They wiggle and squirm from one end of the room to the other, sealing themselves together with wet, smacking noises.

It is the most morbid, awkward sight I've ever seen.

"You guys clean up the blood, some simple charms should do the trick," she sighs, "I'll take this up to the Dark Lord. He'll want to know about Rebecca and Steven, and the fact that Blaise is home. I suppose we'll throw in a memorial for Steven with Rebecca's funeral. It should all work out."

I nod. At least one of us is thinking clearly. That's the only good thing I can say about my aunt. She's smart, and she always stays calm in crisis. That's because she has no heart, but still, it's an admirable trait in her line of work. Well, our line of work.

We do as instructed, and clean up the mess. Luckily, it's a rather easy task, but Blaise still nearly faints three different times. His entire body is trembling, and he is cursing insanely under his breath. For lack of more original words, he's a wreck.

After the room is clean of blood, we decide it would be best to go tell Evelyn and the girls what happened. They are surely going mental with curiosity by now.

When we enter the nursery, James is asleep in his crib and Evelyn, Sophie, Marissa, and Narcissa are sitting on the couch, in deep conversation. They quit whispering and look up at us when we come in.

Evelyn studies my face for a second, trying to figure out what is happening. I avoid her gaze at all costs. Considering me a lost cause, she moves to Blaise. The moment her eyes meet with his, she bolts up from the couch and runs into his arms. Blaise holds her close, letting her cry on his shoulder.

"Rebecca's dead," Monty whispers, "She killed herself. Bella went to tell the Dark Lord already."

Narcissa begins sobbing uncontrollably. Rebecca had been her closest friend. I sit down next to her on the couch and take her in my arms. It is in that moment that I realize just how fragile my mother really is. Father should be around more often to care for her. She doesn't deserve to live this lifestyle.

Marissa and Sophie are crying too. They knew Rebecca well enough from all the times they'd stayed over at Evelyn's house. This is going to be hard on everyone. Monty and I are the only ones who are able to stay composed. But then again, I've never seen Monty cry in my life, and I have to be strong for everyone else.

After everyone has calmed down, Bella comes back. She enters the room with a solemn look on her face.

"The Dark Lord says that the funeral is to take place in three days. He also thinks that you four should go back to Hogwarts. He says to tell Severus of the circumstances, and he'll take care of everything."

"I don't want to leave!" Sophie whines. "We just got here."

"Tell him that," Bella spits. Sophie looks down at her feet and doesn't speak again.

Evelyn leaves Blaise's side and walks over to James' crib. She kisses him goodbye on the forehead. She is still crying, but the tears are more of a silent leaking from her eyes now. I can tell she is suffering. It absolutely kills me to see her like this.

"Come here, love," I whisper.

Evelyn walks over and wraps her arms around me. I pull her body close to mine and run my fingers through her hair.

"Don't worry. Everything is going to be fine," I say.

"Draco? Can't I just go get the potion? Can't I bring Mum back?" she asks me, voice cracking. She wants to use the revival potion I gave to her on Rebecca, but that just can't be done.

"No, love. This is what your mum wanted. She killed herself, she wanted to be with your father."

Evelyn nods, burying her head in my chest. I kiss the top of her head and allow her to cling to me, despite impatient looks from Bella.

"It's going to be all right," I murmur against her hair, "Steven and Rebecca are in a better place. But for right now, the Dark Lord's right. You need to go back to Hogwarts, just for a few days. Then you can come home for the funeral, okay?"

She nods again, but she doesn't move an inch.

"Let's get going," Monty says, "We need to get back before people get suspicious. It'll be morning soon, and we have Double Potions first thing."

Evelyn reluctantly pulls away from me. I tilt her chin up and place a soft kiss on her lips. Her lips are rosy and swollen, and I can't help but suck her bottom lip in between my teeth and give her a little bite. If it weren't for the current circumstances, I wouldn't have been able to resist taking things further.

I reluctantly pull away, telling her once again that everything will be fine.

"But Draco, I'm an orphan," she chokes, "This business is too dangerous. This war is killing people already, and it's barely even started. I don't want James to be an orphan too."

"Evelyn, I swear to you that we're going to make it through this war," I kiss her again, this time harder and more passionately. "We're going to win this war, and then we're going to live out our lives."

Evelyn looks up at me, tears shining in her emerald eyes, "You don't know that for sure."

"Yes I do," I state, returning her stare evenly, "We're going to get married, watch our son grow up, and be together forever. I promise."

She accepts this promise with a nod. I give her one last kiss, savoring every second of it. After a quick exchange of I love yous, Evelyn saunters over to the fireplace. Then she links her arms with Marissa, and they both vanish in green flames.

After everyone has left, I stand there thinking, running my fingers through my platinum blonde hair. Evelyn trusts me. She believed every word I had just said. She has complete and total faith in me.

I only wish I had that kind of faith in myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?