Draco Malfoy's Famous Last Words

Breakfast

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

We get back to Hogwarts around dawn. Classes will be starting about an hour. That leaves us with just enough time to get dressed, report to Severus, and grab a bite to eat.

I'm doing a relatively decent job of keeping my composure. Noticing my facade, Monty volunteers to tell Snape for me, so that I won't have to relive the night. I thank him, and he leaves Sophie, Marissa, and I to walk down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

We are almost to the Slytherin table when Luna Lovegood steps in front of our path.

"Can we help you Loony?" Marissa spits, stepping forward protectively, her lovely Slytherin attitude in full force.

"Actually, I was hoping to speak with Evelyn for a moment," Luna replies in her sing-song voice.

Sophie and Marissa look from Luna to me, bewildered. I shoot them a glare, and they continue towards the Great Hall, knowing I will explain myself later.

"What's up Luna?" I ask, when they are out of earshot.

"Neville wanted me to talk to you. We have quite a few of the DA members wanting to train with you again. He was hoping we could begin this weekend."

I consider this proposal for a moment. Rebecca's funeral is in three days. That would make it on Saturday.

"The only time I could do anything this weekend is Friday night," I reply, a slight edge to my voice.

"That would be grand!" Luna chirps excitedly, completely ignoring my tone. "I can't wait! I'll alert the other members. What time shall we meet?"

"Oy vey," I groan, "Let's say eight o'clock in the Room of Requirement."

"Great! We'll be there!"

Luna skips off cheerily, her robes swaying back in forth to the rhythym of her movement. Merlin, that girl is too happy. How can anyone have that much energy in the morning?

"What was all that about?" Monty inquires.

He has concluded his visit with Snape and now stands at my side, watching Luna skip off.

"Beats me," I lie.

He chuckles and rolls his eyes, "Nice. Well, come on. Let's grab a bit of breakfast before Potions."

"Ugh, Slughorn," I whine, linking arms with Monty.

"What's wrong with him? He's like the easiest teacher ever."

"He's too much of a morning person," I complain. "Besides, he's a complete idiot. Way too obsessed with politics and power, though he hold absolutely none for himself."

Monty laughs, "What? Is someone feeling like a Slytherin today?"

I roll my eyes, "If you mean a total bitch, then yes, I am."

We join Sophie and Marissa at the Slytherin table. I grab a few pieces of toast and scoop a few scrambled eggs onto my plate.

"What was all that about with Luna?" Sophie asks.

I take a swig of pumpkin juice and let it linger in my throat too long as I consider my response.

"Oh, nothing. The DA members just want me to teach them again," I reply, hoping they won't freak out.

"What?!" Monty nearly yells, "You said it was nothing!"

"Well it is nothing," I state, taking a bite of toast, "I'll just teach them little things that they'll take as amazing magic."

"Evelyn, you shouldn't even associate with them at all," Marissa warns, glancing around to make sure no one is eavesdropping on our conversation.

"I can't blow my cover, you guys! They think I'm a loyal member of the Order. Remember?"

"She's right," Monty reasons, "She can't look suspicious. Just don't do anything stupid, Evie."

I want to snap at him for assuming the worst of me, and for that matter, acting like my father. But then again, I don't have a father to chastise me anymore. I should be grateful of the protective males I have left.

"I won't," I promise.

With that, we all drain our glasses and pick up our books.

Time for another exhausting day at Hogwarts.