Draco Malfoy's Famous Last Words

Debate and Debacle

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

"Bastard," I growl, staring at him in disbelief. What in the world is his problem? We have plenty of time to get married. Why now?

Draco isn't going to budge. I'm out of protests. Logically, everything is accounted for. It just doesn't feel right. This isn't the right time for a wedding.

"Draco, I don't feel good about getting married the day of my mother's funeral. It's just not the right day. What about in a week when I come home for Christmas holiday?" I plead.

My attempt at compromise is immediately shot down. He simply shakes his head.

"I'm not kidding, Evelyn. Either you marry me today or never at all."

He is desperate now and using the full force of his gorgeous blue eyes against me. I can't help but stare back at him. His eyes are searching my soul, begging me to agree. There is some sort of inexplicable urgency and desire burning inside of them. The intensity is monumental. I have two cards left to play, I can call his bluff or pull the whole 'if you love me' game, but I'm too weak.

"God damnit," I spit, turning my head downwards, eyes burning a hole in the bed.

Draco still has his hands cupped around my face, but he lets them fall with my gaze. He places one hand over my left hand, and he uses the other to tilt my chin upwards so I have to face him again.

"Don't you want to marry me?" he asks.

"Of course, just not today. But I will, if that's what you really want," I say.

He shakes his head.

"You really don't want to, so we won't," he states, before getting up and pacing the floor.

"Draco, let's not do this," I say, feeling another argument brewing.

"I'm not mad," he says as he paces, "I just don't know what I have to do to get you to marry me. We only have so much time, Evelyn. I want to marry you now because I don't know what will happen tomorrow. This is a war, and a bloody one at that. There's no telling how much longer we'll be together."

Hot tears begin stinging the corners of my eyes.

"Please, Evelyn," Draco pleads, sitting back down next to me on the bed, "I need this."

I give in. What else can I do? Here is the infamous Draco Malfoy, begging me to marry him.

"I'll marry you today, on one condition," I say, slowly.

"Anything," he swears instantly, trembling with excitement.

"You let me go to the Yule Ball with Neville Longbottom, without any guilt or bitching."

I had him there. No way in hell will he agree to that. Draco's face falters, but only for a second, before breaking into one of his glorious smirks.

"Deal," he answers.

"Are you serious?" I ask, incredulously.

"Yes, I am."

A series of pops echo upwards from downstairs.

"Everyone must be back from the funeral," I whisper.

"Good! Let's go tell them the news so they can get everything set up for tonight," Draco says excitedly.

He takes my hand and pulls me off the bed. With slight reluctance, I followe him through the halls and down all the staircases.

Draco determines that the apparation pops had come from the dining room. When we reach the dining room door, he pauses for a brief second.

"Are you sure this is what you really want?" he inquires.

"I'm positive," I state, his enthusiam beginning to infect me.

He smiles, a true, genuine smile and kisses me sweetly.

"Okay, ready?" he asks, breaking the kiss.

I nod in reply. Draco opens the door to the dining room.

"STUPEFY!"

Horrified, I watch the sight before me. Ron, Hermione, and some ugly guy are laying on the ground, stunned. Lucius, Narcissa, Bella, Wormtail, Fenrir Greyback, and a few other men I don't know by name are standing across from them.

"What's going on?" Draco demands.

"It seems we have some visitors," Bella growls, her lips curling into a snarl.

"Is this really, Harry Potter?" Lucius asks Draco and I, gesturing to the ugly guy.

I squint and closely examined his face. One look into his emerald green eyes tells me everything I need to know.

"I don't think so, Lucius," I reply.

Draco looks at me in disbelief. I glare back at him, and he warily speaks.

"Evelyn's right, Father. I don't think this is him," he agrees.

Lucius grunts, lifting the stunning curse from the three 'guests.'

"Fine, take them down to the dungeons with the other captives, Wormtail. But leave the Mudblood girl, I think we should ask her a few questions," he grins sadistically.

Ron and Harry, who shoots me a look of gratitude, put up a fight. However, with much help from Greyback's henchmen, their attempts are useless.

"Evelyn, dear," Narcissa croons, "Why don't you go upstairs and check on James? I put him in the nursery, but the Mudblood girl might wake him up."

They want me out of there, and I am more than happy to oblige. I don't want to see Hermione be tortured into insanity by Bella and Lucius. Though, I don't head to the nursery.

Instead, I sprint towards the dungeons.