Draco Malfoy's Famous Last Words

Run

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

"Leave," I order the men upon reaching the dungeons.

"And who are you to boss us around, little girl?" one of them ask.

"I'm the future Mrs. Draco Malfoy and holder of the Zabini fortune. Now leave."

They don't question me further. Every Death Eater knows of the Zabini name. But even more so, they know the name Malfoy. And you never get in the way of a Malfoy.

I look at the cell door for a second. Draco had told me the spell to unlock the dungeons when we were kids. Why hadn't I listened? This place seemed so more innocent then. Now it is haunting, cold and stone, horribly depressing.

I hear Wormtail scream in agony from inside the cell. For some reason, the sudden panic in me jarred my memory. I quickly say the spell and enter the cell.

"Evelyn!" Harry cries, running over to me and wrapping me in a hug. Ron follows his lead.

Once they let me go, I glance around the prison cell. There is Mr. Ollivander, the wand maker, some goblin from Gringotts, and Luna Lovegood.

"Luna? Haven't you been at school?" I ask.

"Oh yes," she answers, "Up until this last week. Then I was brought here."

I am furious now. Surely Draco doesn't know about any of this. He would have told me if he did, right?

"How did you all get here?" I inquire.

"We were all captured because we know too much about certain things," Ollivander replies.

I looked around the room in disbelief. Wormtail is lying dead on the floor. What in the world is happening? The Dark Lord is taking prisoners already? The war really is starting up. Before I can ask more, someone pops into the room.

"Dobby!" Harry shouts.

I turn around quickly to see Draco's former house elf staring up at us timidly. His eyes brighten when he sees Harry.

"Dobby was sent to help Mr. Harry Potter!" he exclaims.

There is a chorus of shrill screams above us. The torturing has begun.

"If you want to help, get all of these people out of here. Take them to Bill and Fleur's house. Can you do that for me?" Harry asks.

Dobby nods enthusiastically and quickly begins to apparate away with Mr. Ollivander, the goblin, and Luna.

"Evelyn," Harry orders, "I want you to go with Dobby when he gets back. We need to have you good and safe one our side of the war."

"Harry, I can't! My son is here, I can't leave him, or Draco for that matter," I protest.

"Wait, your son?"

"Blaise James Malfoy, yes. He's here. Draco got him back. It's a long story, but I'm not leaving!"

"Yes, you are!" he yells at me.

Before I can argue further, Dobby pops back in and latches on to my hand. He apparates me away to the edge of Bill and Fleur's property.

"Come, Ms. Evelyn!" Dobby instructs.

The Pureblood in me is disgusted. Under no circumstances would I take orders from a house elf. I refuse to move.

"Ms. Evelyn! You must come! You must be safe like Harry Potter says!" he insists.

More pops and snaps occur behind us. Ron and Hermione come running past us, followed by Harry. Bella is hot on their tail.

"Evelyn, come on!" Harry hollers, grabbing my arm and yanking me with him.

He is stronger than me. I don't know what to do. I struggle against his grasp, but he won't let me go. Why doesn't he get it? I belong on the Dark Side.

I then remember a thought I'd had after a delightful DADA class and a pleasant discussion with Neville Longbottom.

"Right. Sometimes I forget you have to pretend to be on the Dark side," Neville said.

I nodded and he left quickly with a small wave in my direction.

Right. I'm only pretending to be on the Dark side.

That's when it hit me. I could choose either side I wanted. I'd just chosen the Dark side so far on instinct, I mean, I was raised to be evil.

But if I wanted to, I could join Harry. I could be good.


I quit struggling against Harry and for once, do the right thing. I run with him. Hell, I run faster than him. It 's as if my feet know something my head didn't. They just carry me straight up towards the cottage and through Bill and Fleur's front door.

I collapse on the couch next to Ron and Hermione.

"For a second there," Hermione wheeze, "I didn't think you were going to come with us."

"Yeah," Ron pats me on the back, "I'm glad you made the right decision for once, Evie."

Harry joins us a moment later, looking rather somber.

"Bellatrix killed Dobby," he whispers.

"Oh no!" Hermione gasps.

"We'll give him a proper burial," Bill states.

When the coast is clear, we head out to bury the house elf. This is my second funeral in one day. It's all rather exhausting.

I allow my mind to wander and stare down the road I've just run so willingly down. I've left Draco, my son, my friends, and my entire life behind.

I don't know if I can ever go back. More than likely, I will be considered a traitor now, like my mother. I'l be exiled and forced to live in hiding like Harry and Delilah. Never again will I hold my son, never again will I be allowed to kiss Draco. I have just given up everything I've ever loved in the name of good, nobility, and honor.

Fuck, what was I thinking?