Draco Malfoy's Famous Last Words

Plans

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

Harry tells me every detail of their mission. He explains what a horcrux is, as well as how you destroy it. He tells me where all of them that they know of are, and of their plans to get them. He gives me play by play information on their mission to date. He drills me for all the important facts about the Dark Lord I may know. He tells me he is proud of me for choosing the right side. He says that he knows it will be hard, but that in the end, it is better this way.

I really hope that he's right. The Dark Mark on my arm keeps burning and turning pitch black. Fleur put some herbs on it to dull the pain, but they only last so long. The Dark Lord is calling me home. The life I have so rashly left behind is insisting that I come back.

Do I want to go back?

I do, for Draco and James. I do, for my friends and Blaise.

Though at the same time, I don't. The good side is safer, more reliable. Their numbers are greater, I can be protected here. I will be loved here for who I really am. I won't be expected to sacrifice myself under the harsh rule of a cruel lord.

All logic declares that I must stay; and for once, I have every intention to listen.

We all sit at the table, drinking tea from Fleur's good china tea cups. I don't partake in any of the small talk. I only vaguely listen as Harry, Ron, and Hermione speak of their mission. I've heard it all before. I don't want to be reminded of the other side. However, when Draco becomes a topic of conversation, I can't help but listen intently.

"This is his wand, you know," Harry brags, twirling the wand in his fingers, "I took it from him before I left, since they took mine and all."

"Serves the bloody git right," Ron adds, stuffing his face with a blueberry muffin.

"Do you think it will work properly for you, Harry?" Hermione chimes in.

"Of course it will!" Ron boasts, "He's a million times the wizard Malfoy will ever be! I bet you the wand loves him!"

At this, the Dark Mark on my arm burns white hot. It takes every ounce of my strength not to retort to Ron's idiotic, uneducated comment. I'm a Slytherin amongst Gryffindors. This isn't natural in the slightest. Therefore, it's going to be a little hard for me to change my ways of thinking.

"Seriously, Malfoy isn't a real wizard at all. Damn his Pure blood reputation, he can't jinx to save his life," Ron continues.

Harry nods in agreement, looking at Hermione defiantly. She simply shrugs and casts a sympathetic look my way. At least she is smart enough to realize that I may have been offended by Ron's comments.

"Are you guys going to let me go back to Hogwarts?" I ask, pointedly changing the topic. Bill refills my tea cup.

"I don't know if it's a good idea, Sis," Harry begins, "You're going to be a wanted person now, like me. I don't want anything to happen to you."

I expected as much.

"Why would you even want to go back?" Ron asks.

"Well, I was training the DA again. I thought I should go back, you know, to help them out. It couldn't hurt to have someone on the inside there. The Dark Lord is planning on having the war end at Hogwarts, where it all began."

They seem to ponder what I say for some time. Occasionally, they sip their tea and Ron eats another muffin.

"I think Evelyn should go back to school," Hermione says, "Just for a while."

"Okay," Harry groans, knowing that Hermione is probably right, as usual, "But on a few conditions."

"Like what?" I ask warily.

"As little association with Slytherins as possible, as much association with the DA as possible. You must fly completely under the radar, and you're spending Christmas at the Burrow."

Nervously, I consider all of this. Maybe I should just stay at Bill and Fleur's. How can I avoid my friends?

I take a habitual glance at the grandfather clock that stands in the hallway outside the kitchen door. It reads nine o'clock pm. I should be celebrating becoming Mrs. Draco Malfoy right now, not making plans on how best to avoid everyone I've ever loved. But I've made my bed.

"Okay," I sigh, "I think I can manage that."

"Great," Harry replies.

"So it's settled then," Ron states, "You'll spend Christmas with my family, as they'll love to have you, and officially declare you're alliance to the good side. It's about damn time you came over for good."

"This is so exciting!" Hermione adds.

All I can do is sit there and let them direct my life. First my parents. Then the Dark Lord. Then Draco. And now them.

Will I ever be in control?