Draco Malfoy's Famous Last Words

Not Past Six

DRACO'S P.O.V.

If you think the squeezing sensations of apparation is bad, you should be hugged by my mother. Bloody hell. The woman put me in a death grip the moment I popped into the entrance hall.

"Draco, honey! I've missed you so much!" Mum won't let me go, and I can tell she is balling her eyes out. The shoulder of my shirt is soaked already.

"Now, Narcissa. Draco must meet with the Dark Lord immediately. There will be plenty of time for catching up later," my father drones imperiously.

In the few seconds since I arrived, I hadn't even had a chance to notice him standing there. His lips are pursed and his hands are clamped firmly behind his back. He doesn't look very happy to see me. In fact, he looks positively repulsed by my presence.

"Father," I acknowledge him, as customary, while Mum finally releases me.

"Draconium," he replies curtly.

With that glorious heart-to-heart moment over, I proceed to the drawing room. I know Voldemort will be there, as that's where he has always held his business meetings. I walk in cautiously, closing the large, oak doors behind me. The Dark Lord is leaning against the desk with his arms folded across his chest. He has an amused smirk plastered across his face.

"I must say, Draco," he begins. "I am most proud of you. I didn't think you would have the guts to pull it off. Therefore, I have a reward for you. One I think you will greatly enjoy."

"Thank you, my Lord. It was an outstanding privilege to serve you. Your gratitude is enough payment; I do not need a reward," I reply, silently kicking myself for the brown nosing.

"Oh I insist," the Dark Lord drawls, "Besides, it's nothing special. I am simply going to let you have what you want. I am allowing you to be joined in matrimony with Evelyn Zabini."

It takes all my strength not to break into a grin. I am able to suppress it; however, and place my infamous smirk on my lips instead.

"Thank you, my Lord. That is most generous," I say sincerely.

"Yes, well, those who serve me properly are greatly rewarded. Now, for the bad news. I must inform you of the events that happened after you completed your mission. First off, Evelyn was taken to Azkaban on charges for conspiring to kill Dumbledore and loyalty to me."

Upon hearing those words, my fists clench, my throat tightend, and my entire body goes rigid.

"Yes, I knew you'd be upset," Voldemort continues, "Secondly, the Ministry official who took her away used a newly developed spell on her. A form of magical abortion, you could say."

I can't hold in my anger any longer. I'm shaking from rage now, and I punch the thing nearest to me. It just so happened to be the wall. I heard a crunching sound, and know instantly that I've broken my knuckles.

"Shit!" I pull out my wand and quickly repair my hand. My bones snap back into place with an angry cracking sound.

"Hmm..." Voldemort muses, "I didn't know you'd be so angry at the fact that my son was killed."

"Oh," I stutter, attempting to regain my composure.

I'd forgotten that he, and the rest of the world, think that Evelyn's baby belonged to him. I quickly put that thought out of my head, praying that he hasn't picked up on it. The fact that I'm still alive shows that I must be successful, and I silently thank Merlin that the Dark Lord isn't practicing Legimens today.

"I just hate how much Evelyn must have suffered from that," I blurt out, only half lying.

"Right, well, I am sure your love must be great. Love is a dangerous, trivial thing, Draco. As you know, my advice would be to do without it. But, I'm not going to interfere with your plans with Evelyn. I simply ask you to take caution." I nod in understanding, and he continues.

"Right, so Draco, now that you know what happened to Evelyn, I have a new mission for you. Well, two actually. First, I want you to exterminate Hector Higgins. He's the official that killed my son and locked up your fiancee."

"Consider it done," I state with conviction. The Dark Lord's lips form a malicious smirk.

"Excellent. And secondly, once you are finished with him, I need you to track down your fiancee and bring her back to her rightful place amongst the Death Eaters."

"My Lord, isn't she in Azkaban?" I question.

"Harry Potter rescued her through petitions and other means of proving her innocence. All lies of course, but the Ministry might have let her free with a little motivation from me," he grins sadistically. "Now that the Ministry is under my control, members of the Order are to be gotten rid of. You are to lead a group of Ministry officials to the Burrow very shortly. Then, if Evelyn is there, bring her back. If she is not, well be creative."

I nod, "I'll leave right away, my Lord."

"Very good, Draco. I always knew you'd turn out well." I smirk at him, then bow one last time and abruptly leave the room.

On my way out, I gaze up at the large, grandfather clock at the end of the hallway. It reads 5:13 PM.

There is no way Hector Higgins will live past six o'clock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be much appreciated! :)