Draco Malfoy's Famous Last Words

Vision

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

Even though they are no longer the familiar blue shade that I have always loved, I get lost in his eyes. It is all too easy. Though, more importantly, it is all too irresponsible.

I tear my eyes away from Draco at the sound of Voldemort screaming in anguish. Neville Longbottom has just beheaded his precious Nagini.

Okay, apparently I need to be a bit more attentive.

"Apparently, you do," Draco whispers.

"That’s going to get really fucking annoying," I snap.

"I know, Love, but I need to keep you safe, and staying in your head is the best way to do that," he replies, grasping my hand tightly in his own.

Voldemort lets out another yell; one which sounds terrified and furious at the same time. The sound amplifies, until it washes over the grounds like a siren. I jump, startled by the outburst and press myself as close to Draco as I can manage to get. He puts a hand over my exposed ear and keeps holding my hand with his other.

When the shrill cry echoes off the stone walls of the castle for the last time, the fighting resumes, as if everyone has awoken from a trance. More violent and brutal than the last time, good and evil wizards alike shout numerous curses at one another.

I look towards Hagrid who had been carrying Harry. Draco and Voldemort follow my gaze. Seeing that Harry has mysteriously disappeared, Voldemort screams in rage again.

"BELLATRIX!" he hollers.

Bella immediately runs to his side, after finishing off a wizard I don't recognize.

"Kill the Weasley girl! If I can't kill Potter I want him to suffer!"

"Yes, my Lord," she smiles menacingly and runs off towards the castle.

"DRACO!" Voldemort shouts.

"Yes?"

"Apparate Evelyn to safety this instant," he commands.

"NO!" I protest, before Draco can respond. "I'm the Dark Queen! You have no right to order me around like some helpless child!"

"We can't have her killed," Voldemort reasons, ignoring me completely and addressing Draco. "Her death would be the end of you."

Draco nods, "Evelyn, don't you want to go see James?"

"Yes, very much. But don't use our son as a bribe. I'm not leaving you!" I declare.

Draco pulls me into a bone-crunching hug. I try push against him with all of my strength, but his powers are still stronger than mine. There is no escape.

"This is for your own good," his voice rings in my head.

I feel the squeezing sensation of apparation tug at my body. Hurdling through the blackness, I attempt once more to free myself from Draco's clutches. My efforts fail once again.

When I feel the whirring stop, I open my eyes to find myself in James' nursery at the Manor.

"I'll come back for you the moment it's safe," Draco promises.

"Sure," I groan, rolling my eyes.

"I can't have you killed," Draco reasons, "If you die, I don't know what would happen to me. You're my world, Evelyn. Every ounce of power I have comes from you."

I nod and gaze into his beautiful, crimson eyes. Draco puts his hand on my jaw line and rubs my cheek with his thumb. I feel tears of fright beginning to well up in my eyes.

"I'll come back to you, Evelyn. I swear," Draco vows, pulling my lips to meet his.

He kisses me for only a moment. It is short and sweet, but I can feel an underlying pressure within it. The way his lips crush mine embed a nervous energy within my gut. Then, as quickly as the kiss began, it ends. Draco apparates back to the battle, leaving me behind.

Quietly, I walk over to James' crib, only to find him sleeping peacefully inside of it, wrapped tightly in blankets. I reach down and pick him up, cradling him in my arms.

"Hello beautiful boy," I coo, "Mommy's home now, to stay."

I hug him closer to my chest and place a kiss on his forehead. He stirs only for a few seconds, then settled back down into a dreamy slumber. Crossing the room slowly, as not to disturb him further, I sit down in the rocking chair across from the crib.

"What was I thinking, ever leaving you? How ridiculous," I laugh, "I could never leave you, Baby boy, I love you far too much."

"It's quite insane how deep a mother's love is, isn't it?" a voice chimes in front of me.

I tear my eyes away from James to see my mother, Delilah leaning against his crib. Her jet black hair is combed neatly into curls, much like my own, and she looks much more composed than when I'd seen her at her flat.

"What are you doing here?" I ask frantically, "It isn't safe."

"You're eyes are blue now, Darling," she comments, "You've taken your rightful place as the Dark Queen, I expect?"

I nod, wondering what is so important that she would risk her life to speak to me about.

"There are some things you should know, Sweetie. About me," Delilah states.

"Okay, Mum," I say cautiously, "Tell me then."

"Well you know that Voldemort tortured me when he found out that I'd betrayed him, right?"

"Yes," I answer.

"And you know that he was more than outraged by my pregnancy with you, correct?" she asks.

"Yes," I state yet again.

"But do you know why?"

I reply that I do not.

"Voldemort and I were arranged to be wed by my father when I turned twenty-one. Thomas Marvolo Riddle admired me dearly and had made quite a good impression on the Pureblood world. My father thought we would be a delightful match," she pauses.

I search her face in wonder. My mother, engaged to Voldemort? It is all too overwhelming.

"Okay," she sighs, taking a deep breath, "We were engaged. He couldn't have been happier, I couldn't have been more miserable. That's when I met James, your biological father, as you know. I fell in love with him and became pregnant with you. I wanted to join the good side, as I'd never agreed with Tom's ideas, or any Pureblood philosophies for that matter."

"This is when Voldemort got angry and tortured you, right? When you tried to leave?" I ask.

"Exactly," Delilah responds, "Well long story short, he took you from me and had the Zabini's raise you. Though right before that, he became the Dark Lord officially. As you know, the woman the Dark Lord loves the most automatically becomes the Dark Queen. She has no choice in the matter."

I gasp, waking James in the process. He begins to cry, and I quickly start to rock him, praying he'll settle down. He quiets nearly instantly, and I look at my mother.

"You were the Dark Queen before me?"

"Yes, Sweetie."

"That's why you've come?" I inquire.

"Yes, when Draco was made the Dark Lord, Voldemort transferred some of his powers to him. I felt this change because most of my powers left me and went to you. Though there are still a few left in me that you're going to need," Delilah says wisely.

"Why would you say that?"

"You'll see soon enough, put James up and give me your hand," she orders.

I do as she says, placing James back in his crib. I walk to the middle of the room, where my mother stands and join hands with her.

"This might sting," she warns.

It doesn’t sting. It burns. I feel as if a fire is burning in my hands, up through my arms, down my entire body, and into my feet. I can hardly stand it, the pain is terrible. The entire room is spinning. My head is throbbing, and it feels as if it will explode. My heart is beating so rapidly in my chest, I wonder if it will leap up into my throat and out of my body.

Then the pain ceases, and the room stands still.

"You have it all now," Delilah whispers, "You can cause explosions, become invisible, read any mind you wish, influence those around you as if you are a walking Imperious curse, torture anyone with a glance, kill someone with a flick of your finger, even see into the future."

I smirk, feeling fully charged, feeling invincible.

"Is that all?" I grin maliciously, an evil sensation coursing through my veins.

Delilah shakes her head.

"Sweetie, your powers are limitless, even stronger than Draco's," she states, a hint of warning in your voice.

"How so?" I ask, highly intrigued.

"All you have to do is think of something and it will happen. There are no boundaries to what you can do. You have as much power as your imagination can conjure."

"So why exactly do I need all of this? What did you mean when you said I'll see soon enough?" I question her.

As soon as the question leaves my lips, I see the answer. A whooshing sound surrounds my head and pulls my vision out to the lawn of the Manor, across the English landscape, and to Hogwarts castle with a blur.

Draco is there, locked in an intense duel.

Someone is sneaking up behind him.

He can’t see them.

They fire a curse.

He falls to the ground, lifeless.

With another whoosh, I am back in James' nursery with my mother.

"Go to him," she whispers, "The Dark Lord needs you."

"Thank you, for everything," I gasp. With that, I apparate to Hogwarts, to stop the future.

To save the man I love.