Draco Malfoy's Famous Last Words

Eye for an Eye

DRACO'S P.O.V.

Hector Higgins is one of those wizards who thinks he's invincible. Well he's young, about 20. Don't all guys around his age think they're invincible? I would, if Blaise hadn't killed me a while back.

Physically, Hector does appear invincible. He's a little over six feet tall, with very a muscular build. He's also not lacking much in the brains department. However, he made one crucial mistake; pissing me off.

The Slytherin inside of me was rapidly reunited with the rest of my body when I received the bad news. And he was livid. It's about damn time he showed up too. I can only stand being nice for so long.

Right now, Hector's eating supper. Alone. At least the poor bloke doesn't have a family. Then again, I wish he did. Maybe then, he would understand what he did to me when he took away the love of my life and my child.

I glance at my surroundings. It is broad daylight, not exactly prime murdering conditions. Yet, I've come well prepared. I'm already dawning the effects of a rather vile tasting polyjuice potion.

Perfectly disguised as one of Hector's colleagues, I make for his door. I have to knock nearly a dozen times before he decides to answer my call.

"Yes? Ah, Chad, what's up mate? Can I get you anything? A firewhiskey?" he asks, making his way into the kitchen.

"Yeah, firewhiskey sounds good," I answer, shutting and locking his front door.

I follow him into the kitchen and sit down at the wobbly, fold up, dining room table he has. Obviously this guy doesn't get visitors very often. The place is a pig sty. I can feel his filthy mudblood germs infecting me already.

"So, what brings you by?"

"Well actually, I wanted to talk to you about that girl from Hogwarts you arrested in May. Remember her?"

"Oh, um, Emily Zabini, wasn't it? Good looking little thing. Such a shame she was a bad egg," he says nonchalantly.

I clench my fists, trying my hardest not to kill him right then and there. He doesn't even remember Evelyn's name. And how dare he lay his filthy eyes on her! She's mine! Doesn't he know that? Doesn't everyone know that?

"Yeah, that's the girl," I reply, trying to sound casual.

"What about her?" he inquires.

"Did you hear that the Ministry was convinced by Harry Potter to let her go?"

"Oh really? So she was good after all? Maybe I'll look her up, she was pregnant you know, so obviously she puts out," he jokes, licking his lips lightly.

I feel a fire in me ignite when he says that. This is too much; too aggravating. But I have to stay calm. I have to stay in character for just a few moments longer.

"Do you know who the father was?" I continue with my interrogation.

I want to lull him into a false sense of security. I want him to think about what he's done a while.

"Nope. I bet she didn't know either. Girls her age get pregnant for a reason you know, filthy little whores. They're only good for one thing." He'd pushed all my buttons. That was the last straw.

"CONFRINGO!" I yell.

At my command, Hector is blasted back against the wall. While he's defenseless, I utter a few spells to hold him there, so that he can't move or speak. A few minutes later, the polyjuice potion wears off. I now stand before Hector as Draco Malfoy.

His eyes grow large in alarm. He knows exactly who I am. He also knows exactly what I am capable of, or so he thinks. But I'll never admit to not killing Dumbledore, and Severus will never admit to being his murderer. Not even Saint Potter can get people to believe the truth.

"So? Do you recognize me better this way?" I smirk at him. "My name is Draco Malfoy, Hector. And I have a bit of a problem with you. You see, you took my fiancee Evelyn, not Emily, away to Azkaban. And before you did that, you killed my son. Then, when I come here to give you mercy and make amends, you say horrible things about my beloved Evelyn," I drawl, feigning shock. "So what do you propose I do, Hector?"

His eyes are wide with fear. I have him defeated now. I raise my wand, prepared to strike.

For a single moment, I hesitate. I am by no means a murderer. Honestly, I don't want to ever be a murderer. But I have my mission, the end is before me. If I don't complete it, the Dark Lord will surely exterminate me.

But I'm not a killer.

I begin to lower my wand carefully, as a picture flashes into my head. It is of a little boy, with platinum blonde hair and emerald green eyes. A boy who never got a chance at life.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" I holler, all hesitation gone.

Hector's lifeless body slumps down to the floor. He'd taken the most precious thing in the world from me; I'd taken his most precious possession.

A life for a life, fair enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

XoXo Kate