Draco Malfoy's Famous Last Words

Going Back

EVELYN'S P.O.V.

Bill and Fleur's wedding was extremely different than all the Pureblood weddings I'd ever been to. First off, the couple chose to be together. The bride wasn't crying, the groom wasn't cussing, and the people in the audience didn't look disgusted to be there. Second, it was so casual. Everyone was laughing and dancing and having a great time. I'd never seen such a thing. It was so refreshing.

Living in the Pureblood world can take a toll on you. It's always so serious and proper. Your life is always planned out before you have a chance to live it. Literally, 99% of the time, you're in an arranged marriage from the time you're conceived. Your damned before you have the chance to live.

But the Weasley wedding is great. The only person who isn't enjoying himself was Ron.

"Bloody git," he mumbles under his breath.

I sit at a table alone with Ron, and drinking a butterbeer. He has his arms folded across his chest, and is muttering insults about Viktor Krum that his mother most definitely wouldn't approve of.

"Now, Ronald," I say, mocking Hermione, "That's a very rude thing to say."

"Oh shut it, Evelyn. Viktor shouldn't even be here, let alone dancing with Hermione. He's no good for her. Guys like him only want one thing," he spits, crinkling his nose in disgust.

"Come on, Ron. Hermione doesn't like Viktor that way. She's just having some fun."

"How do you know she doesn't like Viktor?" he asks, I'd obviously peaked his interest.

"Just trust me, she doesn't. She likes someone else," I state confidently.

"Did she tell you that?" His eyes were practically overflowing with hope and longing.

"Yes, she did. Now don't worry about her and Viktor. Why don't you ask her to dance next song?"

He scoffs, "Viktor wouldn't let her go for that long."

The song ends and I sigh quietly.

"Ron, you sad, little boy, you are so lucky I'm here," I groan.

"And why is that?"

I grab his hand and lead him into the middle of the dance floor, right next to Hermione and Viktor. Politely, I tap Hermione on the shoulder.

"Now Hermione, you have to share," I playfully scold her.

She blushes and releases Viktor. I take her place as his dance partner, and leave Hermione and Ron standing together.

"You, um...you wanna?" Ron stutters shyly.

"I'd love to, Ronald," Hermione beams.

I glance over my shoulder at the two of them dancing. They have to be the cutest couple ever. My matchmaking pride is short lived, as the patronus of Kingsley Shacklebolt interrupts the reception.

"Arthur!" It screams at Mr. Weasley, "Ministry officials and Death Eaters are on their way here!"

The place immediately erupts into total chaos. I feel someone pull me away from Viktor. It's Harry, his polyjuice potion disguise beginning to wear off.

"We have to go!" Hermione yells over the noise.

We all link arms, and Hermione apparates us away from the wedding.

"Why did we have to leave? It was just the Ministry," I whine. We arrive in an alley, in a very crowded muggle town.

"The Ministry is after, Harry," Ron explains, "Besides, what would the Death Eaters say if they knew you were spending all your time with us filthy people?"

I shut up, he makes a good point.

"Come on, guys," Harry says, "Let's get out of here. We need to take Evelyn some where safe to stay while we go on our mission."

"What mission!?!" I exclaim, "Why won't you people tell me anything?"

"Let's go get a drink," Ron suggests, "Then we'll explain everything to you."

I grudgingly go along with them to the nearest pub.

---

"Okay," Harry begins, when we are seated with our drinks, "Here's the deal. We're going to destroy some things that are dangerous to the wizarding world. We don't want to involve you because it's so dangerous. I didn't even want Ron and Hermione to tag along, but they insisted upon it. So, we're going to figure out a safe place to hide you from the Death Eaters and all those evil gits until we're done."

"What are you going to destroy?"

"That's not important, Sis. Your safety is important," Harry insists.

"Bloody hell, you might as well just let me go back to Hogwarts. Classes start in a week anyway," I groans. I should have kept my mouth shut. I didn't think they'd take me seriously.

"Of course!" Hermione exclaims. "She can go back to Hogwarts! Snape won't harm her because she's a Death Eater, and she can make up a lie about why she was gone! It's perfect! They won't pull her out of school!"

"Yeah!" Ron chimes in, "Don't you think that a member of the Order would look after her for a week? Maybe we could drop her off at Lupin's, then she could go hide with her mum!"

"That's brilliant!" Harry agrees.

It's just like being back in the Pureblood world. My entire life is being decided for me. I'm being sent to stay with my mother for a week. I don't really mind seeing Delilah, that's fine. But I don't like being forced to go back to school, and I sure as Hell don't like all these secrets being kept from me.

"Who's the Headmaster now?" I ask suddenly.

They all look at me like I have sprouted a tail.

"Well, Dumbledore died, so who took over?" I repeat. "Oh come on, don't look at me like that. I've been in jail!"

"Snape did," Harry answers, malice thick in his voice.

I try to act disgusted, but inside I am squealing with delight. Severus loves me, more than that, he is a Death Eater. Severus will let me go home. He will send me back to Draco the second he sees me.

Going back to Hogwarts will be the best thing I've ever done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

XoXo Kate