‹ Prequel: It's Not Over
Sequel: Here Comes Goodbye

My Immortal

Chapter 023

Half an hour later, Jo got out of bed slowly, she then went around to Zacky and nudged him, he had fallen asleep. “Come,” she said not waiting for him to follow her. She got to the door and Zacky was right behind her.

“What about James?” Zacky asked rubbing his eyes, in the same way James did when he woke up.

“I’ll get Steph to keep an eye out,” she took one last look behind her and slipped out of the room, Zacky closed the door quietly. They entered the living area. Everyone seemed to be deep in their own conversations.

“Hey,” Steph looked up at Jo. Jo nodded at her.

“Can you watch James?” Jo said, everyone said yes in one voice.

“Where are we going?” Zacky asked.

“You said you wanted to talk, we’re going to talk,” Jo said. “Brian can I have your keys?” she asked and caught her keys when he threw them.

Zacky and Jo stepped out into the hall, they met face to face with Roxy and Matt, he had his arm around her and she was hitting him for saying something. “Are you guys ok?” Roxy asked looking from Jo to Zacky.

“Yeah, we’re going for a drive,” Jo said stepping into the elevator.

“Where are we going?” Zacky asked.

“You’ll see,” was all Jo said.

They drove in silence to Jo’s car garage, they went in. To the 8th floor, then she pressed some numbers on a key pad and went inside, lights turning on everywhere. “Wow,” Zacky said. There were rows of cars and bikes to the left and right.

“Did you say something?” Jo asked.

“This is all yours?” Zacky asked.

“Yeah, it’s my addiction,” Jo said as they pulled up in front of a door. “Come on,” she stepped out of the car and took out a key. They entered an office. She went behind a big poster of Avenged Sevenfold and took it off the wall. Behind it was a safe, she opened and took out an envelope and a backpack. She placed the envelope in the back pack.

“How did you do all this?” The left the room.

“Investments, ghost writing,” Jo said reaching for a panel, which had well over 50 keys. She flicked through them and found the ones she was looking for. They walked towards the bike. She felt Zacky tense next to her.

“I’m not getting on that,” he said.

“Why not?” Jo asked putting her bag in the seat.

“Cause I don’t want to,” he said looking around at the different cars.

“You have to face your fears,” Jo said starting the engine.

“What about you?” Zacky asked not moving.

“This is me facing mine,” she put on the helmet and took the kick stand off. Zacky reached and took a helmet and put it on, then climbed on the bike and wrapped his arms around her waist. They drove to the door and out.

She drove with ease, even though her whole body was tense. Zacky was squeezing her tighter around every corner. She remembered why he was afraid of bikes. She remembered the sharp turn she had taken that December day so long ago.

A tear filled her eye, she hated this, but she had done it, she had made everyone hurt. Now Zacky needed to understand why. Her biggest fear was him hating her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's an update.
XOXO
RomanianLover