‹ Prequel: It's Not Over
Sequel: Here Comes Goodbye

My Immortal

Chapter 024

Roxy and Matt entered the hotel room, Roxy had told Matt everything, from beginning till end, and all he wanted to do was hug Jo. He understood better then Roxy had expected. But when he saw her in the hall, the hard shell of whom she used to be he stopped himself.

“Hey,” Roxy said taking off her coat, Matt took it from her and put in the closet with his.

“Hey,” Steph said she was sitting on the couch with Johnny and Bam.

“We have to talk,” Roxy said. Steph was about to stand up, “No I mean all of us,” Roxy sat down across from them with Matt next to her. Jimmy and Lauren came and sat on the arm chair, Lauren in Jimmy’s lap everything between them mended. Brian and Sam were sitting on the floor with their backs against the couch.

“Where do we start?” Steph turned and asked Roxy.

“How about the beginning?” Roxy said and got an approval from Steph.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Roxy asked as they drove towards the cemetery.

“Yeah, I need to see them, I need to say goodbye,” Jo said as they pulled up the drive.

“Ok,” Steph said from the back as they got out of the cars and left Jo in the car. She tucked her blond hair behind her ear and grabbed the flower from the dashboard.

Roxy walked up to the crowd of people, she saw Sam and went to her, fake tears, actually they were real tears. She felt sad, she saw the band that she had yet to meet and knew she couldn’t. Couldn’t face them knowing the truth, Steph wrapped her arm around Roxy’s and squeezed it.

“Hi,” Sam said, “Thanks for coming,” she shook Roxy’s hand. Then Vlad saw Roxy and grabbed her into a hug.

“I didn’t know you would come,” Vlad said, he then looked at Steph and grabbed her into a hug too.

“Of course,” Roxy said. Seeing the pain in his eyes, it was magnified compared to the time his wife died. Now he was all alone. She then noticed someone come up to him and pat his back.

“Jimmy this is Roxy and Steph,” Vlad said. Jimmy just gave a soft nod and ignored them. He looked at the grave and he let out a sigh.

“Oh, you’re Roxy and Steph,” Sam said, then without thinking she hugged them. “I miss her, I miss her already,” Sam whispered.

Someone saw her upset and came up to her, “This is Brian,” Sam said.

They all shook hands, everyone was now gathered around. Matt got up he wanted to speak but his words got tangled with tears. Roxy looked across the grave at Jo, she was silently shaking, part of her wanted to go to her, but she couldn’t. This was her own punishment.

Sam took the stand, “We loved Jo, we still do. There’s many of us here who didn’t know that well, but knew her a long time ago, when things were easy. I’m going to miss her, she made me realize what is important in life. The family you choose to have. We were all her family,” a low rumble of whisperes passed through the crowd.

Roxy zoned out, Steph was standing there, staring at the coffin, tears sliding down her face. Her mascara running along with the tears. She listened to the man named Jimmy talk about Jo and anger filled her. She looked at Jo standing across and wanted to smack her awake, to yell at her and tell her that she’s hurting everyone, but she bit her tongue.

Everyone dropped flowers and Roxy went to talk to Vlad while Steph lingered by the grave. The diggers had started to cover the casket. “Hi,” the voice made her jump. She turned and looked at Brian standing there.

“Hi,” Steph whispered.

“Where is she?” he asked catching Steph by surprise.

“What are you talking about?” Steph said.

“I know she’s not in there,” Brian grabbed her arm.

“You’ve gone over the edge I have no idea what you’re talking about, now let go of my arm before you need to grab on to your balls,” she said and he released her.”


“You knew?” Sam turned to Brian.

“I thought I saw her, in the crowd,” Brian said remember that day like it had happened yesterday.

“I thought I saw her too,” Jimmy admitted.

“I swear when I saw her at the studio I thought I had seen her before,” Johnny said.

“You have,” Roxy took a cigarette and lit it.

“What do you mean?” Lauren asked.

“You’ve met her, more then once,” Steph said taking a glass of Vodka Redbull.

“How many times?” Matt said between gritted teeth.

“Half a dozen times, at least,” Roxy said, taking a deep drag.

“When?” Johnny asked, feeling like he was missing something, like there was something wrong with him.

“I’m getting to it,” Steph said.

“I have an idea,” Roxy said.

“The house,” Steph read her mind.

“The house,” Roxy agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here ya go.
After a very long writer's block.
I have updated.

I know how it will end, only I don't know how long it will take me to get there.
Somewhere between 2-6 chapters.
Do you guys want a sequel, or do you want me to finish this story?

Love all of you.